Sign the Petition to Home Port a ship in LA

John&LaLa

We have 5 months until the 2018 schedules start coming out. Please sign a petition to show RCI we want/need a ship on the West Coast.

https://www.change.org/p/michael-bayley-request-royal-caribbean-to-home-port-a-ship-in-la-before-the-2018-schedules-are-released

Sign up and pass it on to all your social media friends. Facebook, Twitter, etc...

I would sign the petition if you need signatures, and I'd even be happy to see a ship sail from LA (I'm assuming you mean Los Angeles and not Louisiana?) because it's closer and cheaper for me to fly there. In reality I'm unlikely to actually sail from there because those trips probably wouldn't be to the Caribbean...or would they?

I'd be happier to see a ship sail from New Orleans, which is also easier and cheaper for me to get to, and a more fun place to visit pre-cruise, and would do the Caribbean sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by ColoradoGurl

We have 5 months until the 2018 schedules start coming out. Please sign a petition to show RCI we want/need a ship on the West Coast.

https://www.change.org/p/michael-bayley-request-royal-caribbean-to-home-port-a-ship-in-la-before-the-2018-schedules-are-released

Sign up and pass it on to all your social media friends. Facebook, Twitter, etc...

Will pass it on.

Dang I was really hoping this was for New Orleans since it's a close drive for me. My husband and I both signed you petition tho. I would like to see more Hawaiin cruises and be able to possibly go through the Panamal Canal. Hope you get your signatures!!

Nope, but I'd quite enjoy a Mexican Riviera, Pacific Coastal, Hawaii round trip, Panama Canal, etc...

Something tells me I'm going to burn out on East/West Caribbean

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Agree with you 100% John. Would love a wine cruise up the west coast. I believe Celebrity has/had one. Panama Canal high on bucket list. Only state we have not visited is Hawaii so a cruise there would be great too.

Grace

I would love a RCCL ship back in LA and signed the petition but sadly I think it will be a pipe dream. They were losing money like crazy when they were porting in LA and I don't think enough has changed here for them to reconsider. We may see some more CA costal cruises but LA for the most is dead to RCCL

Why would RCI want to base a ship where it can't make any money?

Did the Mexican Riviera on the Mariner, one of our most favourite cruises yet. Unfortunately with increase of the drug cartels, especially in Mazatlan, a lot of ships have pulled out of there.

But I'd do it again in a heartbeat, if it came back.

A petition means nothing compared to the market research and past experience they've had. BTW, we did a Mexican Riviera cruise in 2007 on Princess and it was just okay. Every port (Mazatlan, Cabo and Puerto Vallarta) all had heavily armed police everywhere. It doesn't exactly entice people to return. But, the reality is, the Caribbean is much more popular and has a lot more ports to offer than the west coast does. Our friends who live in BC fly to the east coast due to the repetitive, limited itineraries they can take.

I'll sign it! It may not make any difference but it's worth the shot! My kids first cruise ever (1st family cruise) was on the Mariner out of LA and it was a wonderful time. We ended up doing two more on the same itinerary in a year time before she left us.

This question was asked of the Captain when we were on the Allure and he said that it most likely was not going to happen any time soon because it was not sustainable. He said Royal did not make enough money the last time they had a ship on the west coast.

This topic came up at a Q&A with Michael Bayley this week on the Allure. After someone asked about having a ship on the west coast, a bunch of people cheered and clapped. Michael than asked everyone where they were the last time a ship was there. He said the top brass are constantly talking about it and someone high on the RCI totem pole is a big proponent of a return, but that he just doesn't see it as a profitable option at this time.