So what was your favorite Cozumel excursion?

Galleon1234

Paradise Beach is fun, end the day at Senor Frogs. You are right beside the ship and its fun to watch those heading,back to ship after many yard of margaritas.

When you board make your way to your balcony or top ship to watch the peir runners. Cozumel always has a few runners. People are yelling from your ship and whatever ship that is docked with you. Very funny.

Edited by cincicruisers
  • Thanks 1

We've had 3 stops in Cozumel and done something different each time. First time was just walking around and took a cab to Margaritaville because the two wives wanted to go. We had a good time because everything was new to us. Second trip we did the Cozumel Bar Hop which was a lot of fun and one of my favorite vacation excursions. The east side of the island is undeveloped and gorgeous. Last time it was just the two of us and we went to Nachi Cocom. That was a great way for a couple to spend a relaxing beach day.

We'll be back in February and will be going on the bar hop again since we have friends going that have never done it and really want to go.

Is that catamaran snorkel a ship excursion? Do you see some great reefs and fish?

I booked it thru the ship. You go to a couple of reefs and a beachfront area. The reefs in Cozumel are pretty deep (50+ feet) but still beautiful. Loved watching sea turtles zip around...

Quite a few true AI resorts you can book through resorts for a day dot com. Some have better beaches/snorkeling than others based on reviews, but I haven't visited any of those.

For something different, the bar hop gets great reviews. We may do that in November.

Playa Mia, Mr Sanchos, and Paradise Beach are all very popular with cruisers, and will get busy, but have plenty of water sports, decent snorkeling.

Nachi Cocom caps at 100 people, but I'm not sure how good the snorkeling is there and have not been personally.

!st time in cozumel Play Mia Beach Break through the cruise line. So-so beach, terrible food, broken possibly dangerous water toys. (2008)

2010, did the parasailing, I personally hated it, but it was well organized and my wife loved it, this was on her bucket list. I only hated it because I hate heights :o Also RC excursion.

2013 - Dolphin Encounter - This cruise went to Costa Maya and Cozumel. My wife and her friend wanted to do a dolphin encounter. I don't like these things at all, but the ladies wanted it and reports were the dolphins at Costa Maya were not well kept. I think the place was called Dolphinaria about a mile north of the cruise pier. It was well done and the dolphins looked healthy. This was also an RC excursion.

2015 - Nachi Cocum, went away from official RC - Had a great day here.

We love to snorkel. Go to beautiful resorts. Not crazy about the Ruins.we have been there several times, but would love to hear your suggestions!

Thanks, going on Liberty of the Seas soon.

If you love to snorkel-check out Cozumel H2O-Found them through Trip advisor and went snorkeling with them last time there- Like you, we love to snorkel and this was by far the best snorkel trip ever. Its a quick trip by cab from the ship to the bay where you leave from ( maybe minutes-down by Nachi) They take you to several areas to snorkel and all were awesome-Saw tons fish and turtles and Miguel points them out and also explains what there are. We ended they day by going to a place to snorkel that a fairly good current where we could just float and the current took us, all we had to do was steer. This is nothing fancy, just a regular boat, good fruit snacks, just a great day of snorkeling. Check them out of trip advisor

We were there a couple weeks ago, and went to Chankanaab Park. Was $12. cab ride there. Cost was $21. each, but we had a coupon for $2. off each entry. Got it from their website.

They have a pool, and do a sea lion show. Snorkeling was great. Got a massage for 2 for 1. Was $35. for 20 minutes for each of us, and included a cold bottle of water. Also had drinks and nachos/salsa/guacomole. Was a fantastic day. Was not crowded at all. Lots of chairs and umbrellas.

Mr. Sanchos is also a really nice day also. We have been there several times. They seem to be very crowded last time we were there.

We have also rented a car a couple times, and drove around the island. The East coast is such a pretty place to see. Great photo ops here.

In February, we will be back, and are going on the Bar Hop for our first time. Looking forward to it!

Add another vote for the Bar Hop!! We've also enjoyed getting off the ship, taking a taxi downtown, finding a place for lunch, and walking back to the ship on the seawall. It's about a 2 mile walk but very nice and there are a few spots to dip in the gorgeous water :)

We'll be in Cozumel next week and haven't decided between Nachi Cocum or Fury Catamaran. I think we'll wait a few more days until we can get a more accurate weather forecast.

We really enjoy a day at Mr. Sanchos. The beach is beautiful and the service is great! Think of it as an all you can eat and drink resort for the day! They also have a beautiful pool with many more amenities.

We will be trying Nachi Com Con this spring on a Harmony cruise for a change.

Enjoy!