Nat Geo/Linblad or Un-Cruise - Need some help

We're planning a cruise to Alaska next year and have narrowed our choices to either Un-Cruise (formally American Safari Cruises) and National Geographic-Lindblad. They seem to have similar itineraries and ships but Nat Geo's prices are double that of Un-Cruise. I'm leaning towards Un-Cruise based on the price.

There are a number of posts on Nat Geo but few if any on Un-Cruise. I thought I post on the Nat Geo forum in hopes of finding someone who might have sailed with Un-Cruise.

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mtlycrew1! You might have better luck posting your question in our Alaska forums if you're looking to compare lines. You can also read both professional and member reviews of the two lines at http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/?src=nav (Choose your line/ship from the dropdown and read on.)

You can't go wrong with either line -- they're both great! Both offer a mix of comfort and adventure (ships can differ in comfort levels so definitely pay attention to ship choice). Lindblad has the National Geographic connection if you're seriously interested in photography and education -- that's also what bumps the cost up. I get the sense that Un-Cruise may be more active, though both lines offer plenty of boating, hiking and wildlife viewing opportunities. Hope this helps!

Hi Erika,

Thanks for the suggestion. I did what you suggested after finding the Alaska section in CC and have gotten some feedback there. I was just trying to think of as many places as possible within CC to make a post that was related to the two cruise lines I was considering.

Thanks again for the monitoring. Much appreciated.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

We were part of a Univ of Michigan group on the Safari Quest a few years ago and it was a memorable experience. I recommend it highly. We have not done a Lindblad cruise but a couple on our boat had and they thought the Safari experience was better.