Passport turn around

Bimmersbabe

We sent ours in 12/24/16, they received it 12/29/16. Not bad considering holidays and heavy mail days. We will see how long it takes to get it back, a couple weeks would be awesome, get back cruising...[emoji305]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wife just received hers back and it was under 2 weeks?? Even the old passport came back two days after the new one...

It appears this section of the government actually works well and knows how to do their jobs. Did mine a couple of years ago, first timer, and received it back in 10 business days. Maybe more departments need to look at how they do their business.

Hello, for those that have responded here, did you go to the post office to get your passport or another location? Did you pay extra to have it expedited? Was it your first passport or a renewal? My teenage son and I need to get our passports, and since I recently heard back from Royal Caribbean ideally I'd like to get them in time for a 2/11 cruise. Thanks.

The post office here doesn't offer that service that I know of. We don't really use USPS so I could be wrong. We went to the town government center to get the applications, filled them out, went to Walgreens to have the pictures taken, then dropped the applications off with the Clerk of Court at the courthouse. We didn't expedite the process or pay anything extra. They just came that fast.

Edit: It was our first passports ever. 2 adults and 2 children.

Edited by teknoge3k

Made appt at post office. Non expedited normal mailing, right around the Thanksgiving holiday. Got it fast but sure wasn't expecting it at the time.. Also, was first time for passport.

Wife did hers a couple days later, same results. same time frame. Nice.

Edited by dwayneb236

Hello, for those that have responded here, did you go to the post office to get your passport or another location? Did you pay extra to have it expedited? Was it your first passport or a renewal? My teenage son and I need to get our passports, and since I recently heard back from Royal Caribbean ideally I'd like to get them in time for a 2/11 cruise. Thanks.

My hubby and I went for our first passports in Nov for our cruise in Feb. We were quite surprised to get them within 3 1/2 weeks.

We just went down to a post office that I looked up that did it, no appointment needed. We also printed our forms online so we didn't have to do them there. Had picture done there too. In and out in less than 20 min.

Make sure you have original birth certificates! Copies don't count. And they keep it and send it back to you with passports. Here's a funny story.... my hubby has had his original birth cert. for 49 years. No rips, tears or anything. He hands it to the lady and she staples it to his application lol. The look on his face was priceless loll.

In Canada the turnaround time has been 2 to 4 weeks for awhile now when you drop it off in person at a passport office. If you do it by mail or drop it off at another kind of office they don't check your documents right away and so you run the risk of delays.

Well, here is the update. We mailed our passports for renewal on December 24. We sent via regular mail, and received them today, January 13. I think this is phenomenal considering the holiday mail rush, etc. Good for another 10 years!

Well, here is the update. We mailed our passports for renewal on December 24. We sent via regular mail, and received them today, January 13. I think this is phenomenal considering the holiday mail rush, etc. Good for another 10 years!

They are still consistent, so far.

Passport cards and old passports came back today, one day later. Efficiency in government???[emoji79]

Yeah I applied for mine right before Christmas ( for sake of argument let's say December 15th ) and I got both the old fashioned and the card and the birth certificate back before New Year's by a few days Mind you. And they told me to expect it closer to the 4 week rather than the projected 6 weeks... scary efficient for government.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums