Picture-A-Week 2017 - Week 03

pierces

With no cruises or all-inclusive trips planned, what can you do on a cold, dreary, and foggy winter day to lift your spirits?

w0hto2.jpg

I developed a three-step plan to deal with winter.

Step 1. Go to a Mexican restaurant with a festive décor, football (soccer) on the TV, and Mexican music in the background.

21o7iuo.jpg

Step 2. Order a margarita with some chips and then arriba, abajo, al centro, adentro.

r1wi84.jpg

Step 3. Tomorrow repeat the steps until winter is over.

Edited by Oakman58

The Queen is dead! Long live the Queen! I had a hard time picking a photo for this week. Our cruise provided countless photo-ops and picking one out of hundreds was tough. The cruise was a Country Cruise and I would have had photos of country stars if we had gone to any of the shows. Cozumel was fun but nothing leapt off the screen at me. Cruise weeks are the worst Pic of the Week weeks...too many choices! What tipped the scales on the fourth pass and led me to choose this one was the caption that popped into my head when I noticed the fallen piece was the Queen and the fact that I hadn't had a photo of the week shot with the Lensbaby in a while.

p2182845873-5.jpg

Dave

Week 3 (and beginning of week 4) for me was mostly in Disney World for a 5-day weekend. I arrived on Jan 20th and mainly hung out at Disney Springs that first night since we had just driven up and arrived late afternoon - not worth spending a park day. The balloon was rising at night over the STK Steakhouse, as I was crossing a pedestrian bridge, so I cranked up the ISO to 6400 to shoot the cool scene::

original.jpg

Saturday, Jan 21 I spent the day, and evening, at Epcot Center, where the leftover sunset light over the Italian Pavilion that night was lovely for an ISO6400 handheld landscape:

original.jpg

Finally, Sunday was spent at Magic Kingdom, where the day began with lovely cloudy but sunny skies for a castle shot:

original.jpg

Edited by zackiedawg