Britannia Club Dining

zackdog

In Britannia Club Dining the table a guest has been allocated is the same table for 'all meals' Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner. ( and with the same waiter for the entire voyage/cruise.)

I travel frequently in BC , nothing has changed.

:)

Indeed, Britannia Club can be referred to as "Grills light." Unlike the Grills, the Club is not open on embarkation days.

Thank you for all the responses but going by printed word.

If you refer to the Website site....Grills are Breakfasts Lunches and Dinners at the same table and same servers.. I agree with past experiences, they do become accustom to your preferences after your first meal..

But the specific wording on the website is clearly stated.

I will be checking with a couple that came off the ship 2 weeks ago. Ask for photo of the back of one of the programs during a Sea Day.

Our understanding from the past experience that the menu is of Grill Light selections to encourage future booking a Grill Class.

Queens Grill Restaurant

Guests staying in our Queens Grill Suites have a table reserved in the world-renowned Queens Grill restaurant. You'll always be greeted warmly by name, and appreciate the ultimate interpretation of White Star Service during breakfast, lunch and dinner, served when you wish between 6.30pm and 9pm.

Princess Grill Restaurant

Our sophisticated, intimate Princess Grill restaurant serves up unerringly excellent cuisine for breakfast and lunch, and for dinner whenever it suits you between 6.30pm and 9pm each evening. To match your choice, our sommelier will gladly talk through the impressive wine list.

Britannia Club Restaurant

The Britannia Club Restaurant boasts the same grandeur as the neighbouring Britannia Restaurant, but with an intimate dining club atmosphere. Dine in the evening here whenever it suits you between 6.30pm and 9pm.

We will refer to the dining room section of a recent program and post that information.....

Since we will be experiencing this class on a upcoming voyage unless upgraded, we too would like to understand this dining room experience as we did in the past....

Edited by BklynBoy8

Having paid a considerable upcharge to book Brittania Club for the QE 2018 World Cruise I would be most disappointed to find that the BC was only open for the dinner experience.

I would very much like to see a clarification. There are more frugal ways to take a World Cruise and if this is all I get, then I will change the booking.

For the price difference I could sail in a regular Brittania cabin and dine almost every night in the Verandah.

In the Ask Cunard area of the Cunard site the following came up:

Q. What are the restaurant opening hours?

Share with your friends and family

Please see the below links for details of each restaurant's opening times. All times are approximate and further information will be provided in your daily newspaper, which is delivered to your cabin each evening.

Examples of menus can be seen via the question "Can I see an example of a menu?"

Queen Elizabeth

Queens Grill / Princess Grill / Britannia Club Restaurants - Waiter service

Breakfast: (Port day) 7:30 - 9:00, (Sea day) 8:00 - 9:30 (Disembarkation day) 6:30 - 8:00. Breakfast is waiter service.

Lunch: (Sea / Port day) 12:30 - 14:00, (Embarkation day) 13:00 - 14:00

Dinner: 1830 - 2100

Britannia Restaurant - Waiter service

Breakfast: (Port day) 7:30 - 9:00, (Sea day) 8:00 - 9:30

Lunch: (Sea / Port day) 12:30 - 14:00

Dinner: 1st sitting from 18:00, 2nd sitting from 20:30

Verandah Restaurant - Pre book this restaurant - Waiter service

Lunch: (Sea days only) 12:30 - 13:30

Dinner: 18:30 - 21:00

Lido Restaurant (Buffet) - Pre book this restaurant

Breakfast: (Continental) 4:00 - 6:30 sea days, 6:00 port days,

Breakfast: (Port days) 6:00 - 11:30, (Sea days) 6:30 - 11:30

Lunch: 11:30 - 15:00, (Embarkation days) 12:00 - 18:00

Afternoon snack: 15:00 - 18:00

Dinner: 18:00 - 23:00

Alternative dining concepts: 18:30 - 21:00

Late evening snack: 23:00 - 4:00

Lido Grill

Lunch: 10:30 - 18:00

I hope that this has not changed.

QUEEN MARY 2

Just Got Off Of A Phone Call With

Cunard World Club Rep - Diamond Class Membership

And they informed me that the Table Assignment for Britannia Club Class Bookings are for Evening Only Dining.

Britannia Restaurant is open to General Seating during Breakfast and Lunch by the Staff. You are welcome to dine in any of the other Dining Options ex. Kings Court for Breakfast and Lunch and the Pub for Lunch etc.....

This is what we experienced in the past voyages and were expecting to this year.

If you would like to question this inquire, you are welcomed to call Cunard's World Club Deck and direct your questions to the Rep...They were very informative...

Edited by BklynBoy8

Queen Elizabeth

Queens Grill / Princess Grill / Britannia Club Restaurants - Waiter service

Breakfast: (Port day) 7:30 - 9:00, (Sea day) 8:00 - 9:30 (Disembarkation day) 6:30 - 8:00. Breakfast is waiter service.

Lunch: (Sea / Port day) 12:30 - 14:00, (Embarkation day) 13:00 - 14:00

Dinner: 1830 - 2100

I hope that this has not changed.

QUEEN MARY 2

What seems to be the question is not what times to dine but the location dining at.

The timings are informing us when we should dine under that Class Booking.

But the location that the passenger will be seated during those times are unclear except for the Grill Passengers in the Britannia Club Dining Room.

That is why the website states Evening Dining will be anytime between 6:30PM and 9PM at the Assigned Table..

Edited by BklynBoy8

QUEEN MARY 2

What seems to be the question is not what times to dine but the location dining at.

The timings are informing us when we should dine under that Class Booking.

But the location that the passenger will be seated during those times are unclear except for the Grill Passengers in the Britannia Club Dining Room.

That is why the website states Evening Dining will be anytime between 6:30PM and 9PM at the Assigned Table..

From the Cunard UK FAQs: "If you are dining in the Britannia Restaurant you will have the opportunity to sit with other guests or on your own, on a different table to the one you dine at in the evening for breakfast and lunch. If you are dining in the Britannia Club, Princess Grill or Queens Grill restaurant you will be allocated a table and this will be available for you at breakfast, lunch and dinner."

I hope that helps.

From the Cunard UK FAQs: "If you are dining in the Britannia Restaurant you will have the opportunity to sit with other guests or on your own, on a different table to the one you dine at in the evening for breakfast and lunch. If you are dining in the Britannia Club, Princess Grill or Queens Grill restaurant you will be allocated a table and this will be available for you at breakfast, lunch and dinner."

I hope that helps.

It's certainly much easier to understand the UK website than the wording from the US posted earlier. Thanks for finding it.

Banavan,

Please don't worry, your table will be available for 3 meals a day if you choose to use it.

BklyBoy8 Thank you for your postings re dining in the Britannia Club restaurant. Whilst we appreciated you have spoken to a member of staff shoreside, please take it from me, who has only just disembarked BC/ QM2 (and, I expect a number of seasoned Cunard guests on this forum too)

The Britannia Club 'brand' offers all guests who have booked A1/A2 category, dining will be in the 'Club Restaurant' with their own dedicated table for 'all meals' (that includes Breakfast & Lunch)

The shore side agent has given you wrong information. The reference to evening dining between 6.30pm -9pm is to differentiate between the two sittings in the main Britannia Restaurant i.e. early 6pm or late 8.30pm.

Edited to add: Thank you Fifer & Hattie you beat me to it.

Edited by Bell Boy

In the past 4 months my wife and I have completed a transatlantic on QM-2 in Britannia Club, a Canaries voyage in Britannia Club on Queen Elizabeth and Southampton to Fort Lauderdale on Queen Victoria in Queens Grill. We had a table for two on all occasions.

In all cases our table was exclusive to us for breakfast, lunch and dinner. The only exception is that Britannia Club is not open for lunch on embarkation day. The tables in Queens Grill were slightly larger, but the space between the tables was less than in Britannia Club.

There was a larger a la carte choice for dinner (starter and main meals only, no additional dessert) in the Queens Grill, but the Britannia Club has an improved a la carte choice which, I think, included in a dessert. The a la carte choices were available each evening in Britannia Club, but not available on party evenings (Captain's Welcome, Cunard World Club and Officers' parties) in the Queens Grill.

The flambé dishes were produced centrally in the Queens Grill restaurant, but at one's table in Britannia Club. The table service was much the same in all restaurants, but breakfast seemed somewhat slower in the Queens Grill.

The great advantage of the Queens Grill suites is they are much bigger and you get 'free' booze. The 'free' booze did not apply in Princess Grill suites.

For completeness, in my Post #36, perhaps I should have made it the past 6 months, rather than 4, then I could have included a 16-night voyage to the Med on Queen Victoria in the Britannia Restaurant, table for two and second sitting.

Our table was adjacent to a table for four which included two couples who had not met before. They were loud, talking over one another and trying to out do each other with their cruising and business experiences. They also flouted the dress code with T-shirts, Jeans and no jackets. It didn't augur well so we requested a move to another table for two which was granted by the obliging Maitre d', whose only comment was that they didn't insist on the dress code for the first night. Our experience in Britannia Club, the Princess and Queens Grills in the past was that the first night was treated like any other night and passengers made the effort.

I have a perception over many years and particularly the past six months that passengers in the Britannia Restaurant are more likely to flout the 'rules'. I am sure some will disagree!

In the Britannia Restaurant, the food was good as was the choice, but there was no a la carte like in the other restaurants. However, Caesar Salad was always available although never appearing on the menu. There was no flambé at the tables and no cheese trolley.

I was always conscious in the Britannia Restaurant which other tables the waiter served. The waiter generally tended to collect all the table orders before putting any of them through. This could be quite irritating when some passengers wanted to talk at length to the waiter without any thought. I am not conscious of this in the other restaurants because passengers attend at all different times.

Another point that jarred slightly, was the hurried nature in which the plates were placed in front of you. More akin to a cafe than a restaurant, but I understand the constraints the waiters are under with two sittings and perhaps anxious to get off duty after a long day. Again, I didn't feel this elsewhere.

I am bound to say, Britannia Club is a much better experience for us over the Britannia Restaurant, even if it costs more. And if you want to splash out the Grills are even a better experience although it may mean fewer cruises!

RJChatsworth said, in part:

"I have a perception over many years and particularly the past six months that passengers in the Britannia Restaurant are more likely to flout the 'rules'. I am sure some will disagree!"

That has been my experience as well, although in both Princess and Queen’s Grill I have noticed once per voyage a man coming to dinner without a jacket on an informal night. He was never sent away, but discreetly spoken to by the maître d. and this indiscretion was never repeated.

Regarding dressing for dinner, what I noticed most from the Britannia was the number of men who moaned about having to adhere to the dress code. Almost all of the moaners said: “I only do it because the wife likes it.” We always ask for a large table at breakfast and lunch as we do enjoy meeting a lot of interesting people. But after a few days of listening to this explanation I usually say: “I wear a jacket and tie on informal nights and black tie on formal nights because I like it.”

Edited by david,Mississauga

• 2 months later...
For completeness, in my Post #36, perhaps I should have made it the past 6 months, rather than 4, then I could have included a 16-night voyage to the Med on Queen Victoria in the Britannia Restaurant, table for two and second sitting.

Our table was adjacent to a table for four which included two couples who had not met before. They were loud, talking over one another and trying to out do each other with their cruising and business experiences. They also flouted the dress code with T-shirts, Jeans and no jackets. It didn't augur well so we requested a move to another table for two which was granted by the obliging Maitre d', whose only comment was that they didn't insist on the dress code for the first night. Our experience in Britannia Club, the Princess and Queens Grills in the past was that the first night was treated like any other night and passengers made the effort.

I have a perception over many years and particularly the past six months that passengers in the Britannia Restaurant are more likely to flout the 'rules'. I am sure some will disagree!

In the Britannia Restaurant, the food was good as was the choice, but there was no a la carte like in the other restaurants. However, Caesar Salad was always available although never appearing on the menu. There was no flambé at the tables and no cheese trolley.

I was always conscious in the Britannia Restaurant which other tables the waiter served. The waiter generally tended to collect all the table orders before putting any of them through. This could be quite irritating when some passengers wanted to talk at length to the waiter without any thought. I am not conscious of this in the other restaurants because passengers attend at all different times.

Another point that jarred slightly, was the hurried nature in which the plates were placed in front of you. More akin to a cafe than a restaurant, but I understand the constraints the waiters are under with two sittings and perhaps anxious to get off duty after a long day. Again, I didn't feel this elsewhere.

I am bound to say, Britannia Club is a much better experience for us over the Britannia Restaurant, even if it costs more. And if you want to splash out the Grills are even a better experience although it may mean fewer cruises!

Do you, or does anyone else, have a rough idea of how many seats are in Brittania Club on QVic and of those how many are at tables for 2, please?

I doubt not many on here have the answer to your question ( tables for two in club dining on Q.Vic)

Britannia Club dining has not yet been introduced on Queen Victoria ( until after May 2017) therefore no one has experienced the Brand yet.

Do you' date=' or does anyone else, have a rough idea of how many seats are in Brittania Club on QVic and of those how many are at tables for 2, please?[/quote']

If it follows the QE pattern (which I would imagine it will) they are pretty flexible on tables for two but sometimes the tables for two are quite close to the adjacent tables for two - as is often the case in the Grills. Personally, I find it much more fun on a large table for 8.

In Britannia Club Dining the table a guest has been allocated is the same table for 'all meals' Breakfast,Lunch and Dinner. ( and with the same waiter for the entire voyage/cruise.)

I travel frequently in BC , nothing has changed.

:)

As always Bell Boy you are a source of good information.

Like you, I have dined in Britannia Club on a number of occasions and it's exactly as you state.

When travelling on a solo TA in Britannia Club I had the good fortune to share a table with Olympian Athlete Derek Redmond and his son...

11032535874_65e722289c_z.jpg

Great guy who didn't mind being photographed with me. ;p