Passport turn around

Bimmersbabe

We applied for our passports at the post office Friday January 13th. I paid to have them expedited because we are flying to Fort Lauderdale on Friday February 10th (for our cruise on the 11th). Our passports came in the mail today! That's only 10 calendar days, including a Federal holiday! I'm so relieved, and excited for our first cruise! :)

Tip: Make an appointment at the post office. Several people were turned away the day we were there because all of the appointment time slots were filled and there were too many walk-ins.

We applied for our passports at the post office Friday January 13th. I paid to have them expedited because we are flying to Fort Lauderdale on Friday February 10th (for our cruise on the 11th). Our passports came in the mail today! That's only 10 calendar days, including a Federal holiday! I'm so relieved, and excited for our first cruise! :)

Tip: Make an appointment at the post office. Several people were turned away the day we were there because all of the appointment time slots were filled and there were too many walk-ins.

At my post office you can't even do walk ins it's appointments only

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My husband & I mailed our renewal applications on Jan 6. They were showing received and processing Jan 10. Last Saturday it was showing my husband's in "final processing" and should be delivered by Jan 25. He received his passport today (Jan 23).

Mine still shows "processing". :(

You are right. Will also be renewing ours and the website says by "appointment only" at USPS.

My husband & I mailed our renewal applications on Jan 6. They were showing received and processing Jan 10. Last Saturday it was showing my husband's in "final processing" and should be delivered by Jan 25. He received his passport today (Jan 23).

Mine still shows "processing". :(

YAY!!!!!!:D

Application status shows completed and being mailed.

We just did ours about a week and a half ago at the PO- the overall experience was like a DMV visit.....:eek: I'm hoping we get them soon, the guy doing it made it sound like we had to 'wait and see' if the applications were accepted.....:confused: I assumed that as a US citizen they just went through.....

Our post office doesn't do appointments, it's walk-in only. I brought my three children in December to get their passports done for our cruise on February 27th. Got a letter in the mail for all three saying that the picture was rejected for size. Apparently the lady at the post office didn't measure to make sure the kids heads were the right size in the picture. Had to take the kids back to the post office for more pictures where a different lady helped me and said the first should have known the pictures would be rejected. Anyway, I'm still waiting for the passports. 27 days left until our cruise!!!

We just did ours about a week and a half ago at the PO- the overall experience was like a DMV visit.....:eek: I'm hoping we get them soon, the guy doing it made it sound like we had to 'wait and see' if the applications were accepted.....:confused: I assumed that as a US citizen they just went through.....

There are several reasons they could be rejected. Currently waiting for my three kids' passports. They were rejected the first time because the post office didn't have the size of their heads right in the picture. Had to go back and have more pictures taken and sent back off. 27 days until we cruise. I am praying they get back to us in time.

There are several reasons they could be rejected. Currently waiting for my three kids' passports. They were rejected the first time because the post office didn't have the size of their heads right in the picture. Had to go back and have more pictures taken and sent back off. 27 days until we cruise. I am praying they get back to us in time.

well,I guess the one benefit to "slow Gary" aka the "Flash the dmv/PO sloth":D is he was SLOW..... but thorough,esp. with the pictures and measuring.... so here's hoping it goes through!

well,I guess the one benefit to "slow Gary" aka the "Flash the dmv/PO sloth":D is he was SLOW..... but thorough,esp. with the pictures and measuring.... so here's hoping it goes through!

Definitely hoping everything goes through for you. My husband and I went to the same PO and had ours done in 2015 with no problems. It wasn't the same lady that did ours though. We received ours back in about 3 weeks.

I'm considering just going get another copy of their birth certificates made just in case we don't get the passports and birth certificates back in time.