No response from Value Trips

judie43

I have used Value Trips many times. I don't know if there some problem but I have not received a yay or nay from them regarding a reservation I requested. I know it takes awhile but when it got to be over a week I called and of course left a message. No return call. Then I tried email....no response to that either. I even tried another call,another message. I just hope they don't put the 3 rooms on my card.

Has anyone had this problem?

Judie

Hi Judie,

Please keep us posted on the outcome of your Valuetrips reservation. I just booked with them Thursday the 19th ...not that anxious as our trip is almost a year away, but I would get concerned if a week went by with no notification . Also good to know from others that the cc is not charged by value trips,just the hotel, so def would call Hyatt Place for verification.

Don't we just love Cruise Critic? Get so much Info from theses boards! Thanks to all!

I have kept a close watch on my cc....not too concerned because they never charge until check in. I did call the Hyatt...they have no reservation.

Indy.....I'm encouraged to know it took so long to get your response...maybe I will still hear something.

I'll let you all know if I hear anything.

I booked through them last year. After 3 weeks and several unreturned calls & emails I sent them an email that several members of the large group I was travelling with also wanted to book room, but were waiting until I received confirmation. Guess what? I heard back that afternoon. 😵 Luckily we were booking a little less than a year out, so I wasn't too concerned, but I honestly don't know if I'd use them for a trip in the near future. The lack of follow up is very unprofessional.

After the third email to ValueTrips I finally received a response. Rooms unavailable for the weekend requested. I don't know what took so long but at least I know the answer. Booked Ft. Lauderdale Airport/ Cruiseport. Not what we wanted but the prices were within our range. With taxes we are paying just over $250. Trip advisor had decent reviews and we do like the amenities and location.

Oh well it's just for 1 night.

How bad can it be? (Famous last words)

This company's lack of response and no ability to contact them is a problem. Exactly why do you use them and what if you had a problem on day of travel and needed assistance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you had a problem you wouldn't contact them but Hyatt.

If you need to cancel , same thing. Your rules with the reservations are just like if you booked direct.

Hyatt is the one charging your card at checkout.. you don't pay Value Trips a dime and they don't "own your reservation " like Expedia or such.

Once your reservation is confirmed you never need to contact Value Trips again.

I will continue to use them because of the large savings for such a nice hotel. The fact they are slow to confirm is just a small annoying issue when I score just a deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And if they are overbooked you would be the first guest "walked" due to who and how booked. Hyatt does not consider you their customer at all. And yet in such an event you would be unable to get ahold of them. Exactly like Expedua, Orbitz, etc.... sorry dealing with an outfit like this can end up really bad :(

And if they are overbooked you would be the first guest "walked" due to who and how booked. Hyatt does not consider you their customer at all. And yet in such an event you would be unable to get ahold of them. Exactly like Expedua, Orbitz, etc.... sorry dealing with an outfit like this can end up really bad :(

Interesting...I have reservation's (3 rooms) with Hyatt Place made through ValueTrips and when I needed to change the arrival date of one of our rooms and couldn't get a response from VT, I easily did this through Hyatt Place and had amazing service when I called the hotel "directly"...They changed the arrival date (for one room) and verified my request to have two of the rooms connecting. I felt like I was a customer.

Edited by Ashland

You are so wrong!! It is NOT like Expedia etc. Your reservation is with Hyatt not Value Trips.

You pay Hyatt,you cancel by calling Hyatt, you ask for special requests by calling Hyatt.

Your reservation number is Hyatt ressie, you can manage your own account.

How many times have you used Value Trips? And how many times have you been bumped by using Value Trips?

None, right?

There has not been even one posting about being bumped with a reservation with Value Trip ... ever !

i did call Hyatt directly. They had no reservation for me. So I knew there wouldn't be a charge. I was just hoping there was a delay in confirmation. I'm disappointed that we won't be staying there. It's a great place! First time at a new place...hoping for the best.

i did call Hyatt directly. They had no reservation for me. So I knew there wouldn't be a charge. I was just hoping there was a delay in confirmation. I'm disappointed that we won't be staying there. It's a great place! First time at a new place...hoping for the best.

Judie,

You can always try again! Make a reservation elsewhere ( one that is penalty free to cancel ) and also try Value Trips again.

You won't be out anything.

Denise is right Judie. When are you sailing? You could try again if HP is your #1 choice. So sorry it didn't work out for you.

Have a question guys. i called Hyatt direct to ask about the charge on the to-the-port shuttle. I was told $7 pp. Does anyone know what taxi fare has been recently?

Denise is right Judie. When are you sailing? You could try again if HP is your #1 choice. So sorry it didn't work out for you.

Have a question guys. i called Hyatt direct to ask about the charge on the to-the-port shuttle. I was told $7 pp. Does anyone know what taxi fare has been recently?

I would Uber/Lyft it. I think it was under $10..and there are free Lyft promos that will give you 5 free $10 off each ride ( for new users)

Taxi fare ran about $20 with tip but I know we were scammed ... he long tripped me...

For two people the taxi fare should be around $10 but it will depend on what terminal you are going to and how long the lines are at the port security checkpoint (since the meter keeps running). For example if you are leaving from terminals 2 or 4 you avoid the port sercurity checkpoint; if you are leaving from terminal 29 you will need to traverse the entire port.

Edited by capriccio

Thank you Denise and capriccio.

Capriccio, the cruise leaves port on a Friday. Do you think that will make a difference as opposed to Sat/Sun waiting time sat security and circling the port? How and when does one find out which pier we are leaving from? No hurry here, cruise is in Dec.

• 1 year later...

I found this thread about Value Trips. It is about a year old at this point, but I am hoping someone who has had more recent experiences will add their story. I booked the Hyatt Place through Value Trips a couple of days ago. I am a little concerned with some of the comments made earlier. My trip is about 11 months away, so I’m not too concerned. I’ll wait a few more days to see if I need to email them for a response. If I had read this thread before I booked, I probably would have gone elsewhere.

I found this thread about Value Trips. It is about a year old at this point, but I am hoping someone who has had more recent experiences will add their story. I booked the Hyatt Place through Value Trips a couple of days ago. I am a little concerned with some of the comments made earlier. My trip is about 11 months away, so I’m not too concerned. I’ll wait a few more days to see if I need to email them for a response. If I had read this thread before I booked, I probably would have gone elsewhere.

I booked via value trips last November for a November 2018 stay. After 7 days with no contact, I called them. Could only leave message. Day or two later, again no response so I called again with the same result. Eventually after no response from value trips, I called the hotel directly. Reservation was confirmed but for a higher price than booked. Again contacted value trips and still no call back. May have made one or two further attempts. Contacted the hotel again and issue was resolved. Was told I could cancel the reservation directly via the hotel which is good to know.

Other than an email received 3 weeks after original booking date, value trips never responded to any of my contacts be it phone or email.

Call the hotel yourself and confirm the reservation and price.