Just Off the Caribbean Princess

RASHOPPER2

My husband and I just completed an 8 days Southern Caribbean cruise on the Caribbean Princess. We have cruised with Princess 25 times and I must say that we saw many positive changes on this cruise. The food was excellent in the dining room....far better than it has been our last few cruises. The beef in particular was outstanding, but everything was good.

We also found that the entertainment was many steps above what it has been. The production show Bravo was outstanding....pure pleasure. It was the first time on Princess that I saw a show get a unanimous standing ovation and cheers. The comedian was very funny and the singer guitarist also put on a really good show. We enjoyed all but one show, not usual for us, who I must admit are from New York and are entertainment snobs.

The ship is a little worn, but that is so overshadowed by the wonderful crew. The service was excellent....not a staff member did not smile and say good morning. It is clearly a happy staff and crew.

We were sooooo happy to see the trend up on Princess. It definitely remains our cruise line of choice, and we are booked on the same ship for next year.

I was also on the cruise.

I had a lumpy bed, I asked for a foam pad and it helped.

I enjoyed all my meals in the dining room. All the beef meals were excellent and cooked to my liking.

I found all the staff friendly and helpful giving directions if lost.

Our mattres was great in the family suite. Rust? Yep, ship stays at sea. The crew was constantly chipping rust and repainting. Carpet worn? Yep, but it happens, will be replaced. Food, execellent. Crew, execellent for the most part. Two or three staff with attitude. Buffet, great. Crown Grill, food great, ate here twice. Second time, waiter was not up to par. Pub Lunch at Crown Grill, too many folks in line to make it worth our time.

Cruise is what you make of it. We had a wonderful time. Second time on Caribbean Princess, booked our third curise on her for 2018.

We were on the the cruise as well and thought the crew was great as well. Only complaint would be with the servers in Club Fusion but overall great service all around the ship. No problems with our bed (very firm) so we might have had a new one.

Sent from my iPad using Forums