Five Years on, Costa Concordia

sidari

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just for a giggle, went to "he who shall not be named" website to see if there was any corrections to his doomsday predictions all throughout the recovery. Nope. Now he claims that they haven't and can't pump the dock dry for some reason. My question is, who cares? She was probably set down into dock without keel blocks since the condition of the bottom would not be uniform, and it is going to be cut up anyway, so what difference does it make? And as for pollution of the dock water, what nonsense is this? Hell, when the Valdez was put into dock, every last gallon of water from the dock had to be pumped to collection tanks for reprocessing, and that was over 20 years ago, have we moved back in technology? The guy continues to be the biggest whack job I've ever seen. But then again, I must be suffering from "cognitive dissonance". :')

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys!

Reported by AP a few hours ago.

The final chapter has just been written. Captain Coward has finally reported to a jail in Rome today to begin serving his 16 sentence. His appeals have run out tho his lawyer says he will appeal to some human rights court.

Many survivors were relieved he was finally going to jail while others are disappointed that he is the only one being held responsible.

The sinking of the Costa Concordia resulted in several highly active threads on the matter. They were closed by the administrator for want of activity as time went on.

I previously posted on those threads, the legal process would grind slowly but would inexorably result in a long prison term for Concordia's Captain Schettino.

Many posters doubted my professional legal opinion and challenged my predictions.

The Final Verdict is in.

Former Captain Schettino's conviction for manslaughter and his 16 year prison sentence has been upheld by Italy's highest court.

Here's the AP news report

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...L&ocid=UE03DHP

By the By, the AP photo shows the Captain has not aged well during the prosecution. It will be in even worse while incarcerated.

I do remember Uni - you were absolutely right! Some of us (including myself) agreed he would get prison - how long we weren't sure. He is only going to serve around 13 years and will probably get off sooner if such things as good behavior exist in Italy. Not nearly enough for the 32 lives lost that night. One thing is for sure - no more vino and ragazze for a while at least. :evilsmile:

The sinking of the Costa Concordia resulted in several highly active threads on the matter. They were closed by the administrator for want of activity as time went on.

I previously posted on those threads, the legal process would grind slowly but would inexorably result in a long prison term for Concordia's Captain Schettino.

Many posters doubted my professional legal opinion and challenged my predictions.

The Final Verdict is in.

Former Captain Schettino's conviction for manslaughter and his 16 year prison sentence has been upheld by Italy's highest court.

Here's the AP news report

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/...L&ocid=UE03DHP

By the By, the AP photo shows the Captain has not aged well during the prosecution. It will be in even worse while incarcerated.

16 Years might not be enough,but he will suffer for the rest of his life,cause everybody knows his name.His reputation is completely gone and he will never get any job on anything swimming on the water.If he has bad luck he won`t find any job in his life anymore at all.

Also he will have to pay a lot of money to Costa and the victims for what he did.There are still many civil procedures going on.

So he will have most likely no money and no job for the rest of his life.