Concierge Family Room With Veranda

partsgal

I just noticed the Magic has added a concierge family room with veranda. . I cruised her in October and they did not have that category. Can any body tell me what amenities come with that room? Is it the same as one bedroom suites? Thanks for any help you can give me.

No, it is not the same as a 1 bedroom suite. Those are still sold as a 1 bedroom suite. What they've done is to take some of the previous cat 4 rooms and add concierge service to them (in the same way they do on the Dream and Fantasy). It is not a suite at all; it is a cat 4 stateroom.

If you look at the room numbers for the concierge family staterooms and compare them with older deck maps (before the concierge designation), you'll see that they are the same rooms.

Thanks Moki but I can't seem to find where to look Are these rooms on the same floor as concierge? I'm looking to book a one bedroom suite for my daughter's family and me and my husband next to them but maybe in a concierge family room for us. Would I be considered concierge level and be able to go with them to lounge,etc? I could save money that way as we don't need a big room but I want to be with them.

This category doesn't start until Oct. 2, 2017 (per the DCL web site). Examples of these cabins are 8082, 8084, 8076, 8584, 8044, 8544, 8050,8550, 8024, 8524. This is likely not an all inclusive list, but these I can verify as being changed to concierge level.

I'm only guessing, but I would think they work the same way as on the Fantasy--they are concierge cabins, so you have full access to concierge services and lounge. They are cabins that were previously categorized as cat 4s, but now will be classified as concierge cabins. Yes, they are priced higher than a cat 4 but lower than a suite. Basically, they are the same as a cat V on the Fantasy.

Edited by moki'smommy

Thank you Moki, I understand now. That would work for me as I don't need that big a room and it would save me money..

These are not small rooms at all. They are currently classified as 5 person cabins--slightly bigger than the more common 4 person cabins on DCL. They have the typical split bathroom. They just are not suites (with a master bedroom separate from the living room) the way the other Magic concierge cabins are.

My guess is these cat V's on Magic Class will have the same limited bennies as the Dream Class cat V's. Compared to the cat T's.

If you can call that limited. lol.

https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships/dream/staterooms-concierge/

They will likely not allow MDR dinner in cabin.

That is the big difference between the cat T and the cat V. IMO.

They say it's a space/table issue. Yah, right. It's a $$$ thing.

Click link above and compare both cat V and T.

Judge for yourself the benefits of both.

I remember. The rarely heard benefit. 1 inch thresholds into baths in a suite, or the 7 inch step up to a split bath.

Can someone confirm Dream Class Cat V's have a big step up into the split bath like the cat 4's.

TIA

Edited by bear3412

I can't confirm on the Dream, but on the classic ships the threshold will likely be unchanged. The point is that they are just re-naming (changing the category) on the cabin, not changing the cabin itself!

Yes, the benefits in concierge increase as the category increases. Unless it has changed, in a 2 bedroom suite on the classics, you can order from Palo and have it served in your room. One bedroom suites can order from the MDRs with certain restrictions. And I'd guess that the new category won't be able to order from the MDRs (same as on the newer ships).