Harmony, How To Cope With No Solarium Pool

We love spending time in the Solarium. My wife and friends can sit for hours and just relax, read, and rest. I on the other hand love being in the water knowing they are nearby.

On the Oasis and Allure I spent many hours in the Center Pool Area, with the water spouting and the very center with it's water jets rumbling on every 15 minutes or so.

On the Quantum and Anthem I loved the 3 tiered pool area with built in seats. I was in there 95% of the time we were in the Solarium on those ships. I enjoyed it even more than what was on the Oasis and Allure. This 3 tiered pool area was such a great feature, and improvement over the Oasis and Allure, that I hoped they would incorporate it on the Harmony.

The sprinkling of water from the "Plastic Palm Tree Leaves" as the water feature is a big miss in my book. I doubt I will be able to spend a lot of time in the Solarium on the Harmony.

Yes I know there are the Hot Tubs, and I will use them, However I can't spend hours in them. I enjoy cooler water for longer periods of time.

I agree with you. The Solarium pool on Allure is a good place to hang out. Sure, it's not a 'swimming' pool, but that was not the point of it. The Solarium gets really hot on this class of ship and that was a good place to cool off. Not sure why they would eliminate it on Harmony.

I didn't believe you.... I had to look it up!

Whoever decided to get rid of the pool in the solarium should be fired, immediately. Crazy.

Isn't that almost the entire point of the solarium? It's an adults pool/water area? Solarium is a big part of the reason I book Royal ships, so I'll skip Harmony for sure.

Edited by BNBR

I didn't believe you.... I had to look it up!

Whoever decided to get rid of the pool in the solarium should be fired, immediately. Crazy.

Isn't that almost the entire point of the solarium? It's an adults pool/water area? Solarium is a big part of the reason I book Royal ships, so I'll skip Harmony for sure.

I agree. This is one of the biggest RCI ball drops I can recall.

I have never used it, but have to agree someone dropped the ball.

I used it all the time on the two times I've been on a big ship. I go to the gym 6-7 days a week so I don't have any desire to swim when I'm in the pool. Give me a frozen drink and a pool pool to relax in and I'm content.

My biggest gripe with the solarium pool on the Oasis class war that it wasn't big enough..

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I agree is was very short sighted from a customer perspective to eliminate this pool. Instead of five main pools to balance the passenger load, there are now just four. And the Solarium pool, while providing that additional venue to cool off in, (in a very hot Solarium!) also was the only adults only refuge that offered that, which was a plus for us.

I'd love to hear the C-suite discussion that resulted in this design change and to understand the "logic" that went into it!

Does anyone know if all the tubs on the Harmony are hot tubs. Perhaps like a plunge pool? I can't do hot tubs because of heart condition. I'm afraid the spitting palm trees are not going to cut it.

Edited by Pmorton3360

I agree is was very short sighted from a customer perspective to eliminate this pool. Instead of five main pools to balance the passenger load, there are now just four. And the Solarium pool, while providing that additional venue to cool off in, (in a very hot Solarium!) also was the only adults only refuge that offered that, which was a plus for us.

I'd love to hear the C-suite discussion that resulted in this design change and to understand the "logic" that went into it!

Don't hold your breath. I emailed the best executive office months ago with the same inquiry.

No reply.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I hope Royal Caribbean is listening!! When Princess debuted The Royal Princess, one of the Biggest complaints was that they eliminated the Aft Pool on the Riviera Deck (14). There was such a firestorm, that even though the Regal Princess was well under construction, they added a small pool to it on that deck. They have plans to now add it to the Royal Princess.

Although it will be nearly impossible to add a 3 Tiered Pool similar to the ones on Quantum Class, I certainly hope they add some type of pool so guests have a place to hang out and cool off!

Not unless the "bean counters" figured out that if they eliminate the pool (save money), then guests would buy more drinks from the bar (make money) to cool off!! That would be a win win for the bean counters. The fact that they didn't consider, was that due to a lack of pool in the solarium on the Harmony, adults that enjoy the Solarium might not want to book, or rebook on that ship (lose money)!

That being said I hope they reconsider their decision, and incorporate a pool in the Solarium on Oasis 4, and add one to the Harmony, even if it is a stand alone pool, similar to the one Princess added to the Regal on the Riviera Deck!!

We love spending time in the Solarium. My wife and friends can sit for hours and just relax, read, and rest. I on the other hand love being in the water knowing they are nearby.

On the Oasis and Allure I spent many hours in the Center Pool Area, with the water spouting and the very center with it's water jets rumbling on every 15 minutes or so.

On the Quantum and Anthem I loved the 3 tiered pool area with built in seats. I was in there 95% of the time we were in the Solarium on those ships. I enjoyed it even more than what was on the Oasis and Allure. This 3 tiered pool area was such a great feature, and improvement over the Oasis and Allure, that I hoped they would incorporate it on the Harmony.

The sprinkling of water from the "Plastic Palm Tree Leaves" as the water feature is a big miss in my book. I doubt I will be able to spend a lot of time in the Solarium on the Harmony.

Yes I know there are the Hot Tubs, and I will use them, However I can't spend hours in them. I enjoy cooler water for longer periods of time.

It's not about you. Really, is someone from rci forcing you to book harmony. Glad to see rci does different things with all their ships, it would be so boring if every ship was the same

I canceled my cruise on Harmony because of the pool situation…………………..

and yet others will keep their reservation and complain about it all day long (knowing that a pool will never be added).

It would be boring if they had a pool in the Solarium like they do on ALL their other ships with Solariums? That's a stretch....:confused:

Is there a pool in Majesty's Solarium :confused:

Edited by John&LaLa

Harmony, How To Cope With No Solarium Pool

I canceled my cruise on Harmony because of the pool situation…………………..

I think you're the only one that answered the OP's question.

I agree that I am disappointed there is no pool. However, if you look at some other lines, many of the adult only areas also do not have pools. I am fairly confident in saying I am sure there was market research done, and it was determined that it was better to put the money elsewhere, or to simply change the design. Again, I am not saying I agree with the decision, but I do believe there is more to it than "dropping the ball" or a "money saver". Building the newest and biggest and best Ship ever, they didn't just "forget" to put in a pool. Unfortunately we will never know why the decision was made...

I too am disappointed, I was looking forward to dropping my DS at AO and taking a dip, but with everything else the ship offers, it is not a deal breaker for me. But I can see how it would be for people without children.

Edited by NECruiser83

FYI. According to this thread, they are supposed to be adding a pool to the Harmony solarium.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2359722

Well we clearly know as posted by many that the thread was a joke. But even if they were planning to add one I wouldn't hold my breath as to when that would happen as the ship was just launched and the normal maintenance dry dock schedule of 5 years for RCI ships is a long ways off...

Edited by leaveitallbehind