Oasis cabin - what would you do?

I am diamond, booked in the smallest interior room near aft elevators deck 8, Central Park. Would you opt for a possible upgrade same deck? This deck has the through pass, so I'd like to stay on this deck. But, if I get upgraded, it might be to a larger interior which are forward. Seems convenience of most venues are aft. Maybe I should just stay put in the smaller room rather than risk it? What would you do, just curious. Thanks.

I am diamond, booked in the smallest interior room near aft elevators deck 8, Central Park. Would you opt for a possible upgrade same deck? This deck has the through pass, so I'd like to stay on this deck. But, if I get upgraded, it might be to a larger interior which are forward. Seems convenience of most venues are aft. Maybe I should just stay put in the smaller room rather than risk it? What would you do, just curious. Thanks.

I'd stay. The difference in size would not be as significant to me as losing the location.

I would go with anything, considering what you have! I like space....if you don't care, then don't worry about it! The odds of you being moved are slim to none.

Edited by cb at sea

I would go with anything, considering what you have! I like space....if you don't care, then don't worry about it! The odds of you being moved are slim to none.

That's it exactly, as it turns out I have gotten upgraded more than once. Maybe because I go solo and pay so much...I don't know. But I really want to stay on this deck, and do like the location.

That's it exactly, as it turns out I have gotten upgraded more than once. Maybe because I go solo and pay so much...I don't know. But I really want to stay on this deck, and do like the location.

Stay with the location. It's perfect. If you drink, you can wander right into Central Park from your stateroom and the trellis bar is right there. Plus right down to boardwalk and dining. Seems a no brainer.

If you are happy why consider a change???????????

Note to myself - pass through is on deck 8. We are on deck 10, way aft. Our next cruise will be our first on Oasis class, so we have never had to think about that before. I can't tell you how many times I have walked down the opposite side of a ship from our cabin. Only a few of those were done on purpose! :eek::D I plan to pay more attention to the signs and the other clues they give you like carpet color because I'm sure I will do plenty of walking without making mistakes. :eek: I will be thinking of you during our cruise every time I head back to our cabin! Thank you for the reminder, even though that's not what you came here to do.

As for your decision, can you pick your location if you upgrade? If tthere is a cabin you like available, then go for it. Otherwise, since you seem to like your current location, you may want to stay put and enjoy the convenience of your current location. Have a great cruise whatever you choose.

What pass through are you guys talking about on Deck 8? I'm unaware of any additional pass throughs compared to any other deck.

I think they mean using Central Park as a walkway.

Large ships, location matters to me. I pick my rooms in the middle, and on a middle floor so that I can use the steps, without dying, and be central to everything.

Size does not matter to me, just like having an interior room is also fine.

If you are traveling solo how much room do you really need? How much time do you spend in your cabin? I would be far more concerned about location than a few extra square feet that will probably make very little difference to the overall cruise experience.

We stayed in that location on the Allure and it was awesome just for the convenience of being able to just walk out to the Park Café.

We loved it so much that when we went on the Oasis this past February - we booked cabin 8549.

We generally book inside cabins - especially in the Caribbean. Will splurge if elsewhere (Europe/New Zealand etc.) and/or if it makes financial sense with the Diamond balcony discount.

By pass through I think she was referring to deck seven on Oasis class where in the aft elevator lobby you are unable to go from port to starboard without going up or down one deck. The entrance to the boardwalk blocks that area on deck seven.

Yes you have to go with the location that meets your needs.

Us on the other hand like quiet far away places with lots of walking after consuming too much cruise food.

We have stayed far away from central locations ie:

1736 x 3.

By doing this we walk, walk walk the stairs and attempt to avoid all elevators to burn off some of those nasty sea calories.

Just sharing another view.

But, as father time creeps up on me, your plan will be my future.

Safe travels.

By pass through I think she was referring to deck seven on Oasis class where in the aft elevator lobby you are unable to go from port to starboard without going up or down one deck. The entrance to the boardwalk blocks that area on deck seven.

Yes, that is what I was referring to. So wonderfully convenient!

If on the slight chance you do get upgraded, it would be to an Ocean View at the least. I would take that any day. I have rarely if ever seen an upgrade from Interior to Interior just for different floors on the ship.

You know this is probably all for not as your chances are slim to none to get upgraded from an interior to on another deck 8.:confused::confused::confused:

Your question asked if you would opt for an possible upgrade on the same deck being 8....well yes. I am looking at an upgrade as OV or Balcony,

The non pass through on 7 is a pain, however one flight up or down if you forgot and got on the wrong bank of elevators is no big deal if you were given an upgrade to an OV or Balcony.

Edited by CruisesOnMyMind