Will I have enough time to catch my flight at 10:10 AM?

Hello,

Our ship, Serenade of the Seas, will disembark at Fort Lauderdale on Jan 2nd at 7:00 AM (See Link).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/10NightSouthernCaribbeanCruise-SR10D013?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-12-01&sDateMax=2016-12-31&sailDate=12%2F23%2F2016

The direct flight we are looking at departs at 10:10 AM.

Will we have enough time to catch the flight?

With this direct flight, it gets us into SFO at 1:29 PM.

If we take a connect flight that departs at 11:50, we won't get home until 5:45 PM and it's more expensive.

Thank you.

Danny

Hello,

Our ship, Serenade of the Seas, will disembark at Fort Lauderdale on Jan 2nd at 7:00 AM (See Link).

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/cruises/10NightSouthernCaribbeanCruise-SR10D013?currencyCode=USD&sCruiseType=CO&sDateMin=2016-12-01&sDateMax=2016-12-31&sailDate=12%2F23%2F2016

If we take a connect flight that departs at 11:50, we won't get home until 5:45 PM and it's more expensive.

Thank you.

Danny

Way too early. The ship may be getting in at 7, but you aren't getting off then

Goodluck

Having read many threads on this topic chances are good you will make it.

Unless ship gets in late. Or problems with customs.

Post how you do

Sea ya

Thank you. I haven't bought the flight yet.

Just wanted to see what other people experiences have been.

Edited by danny8826

you would need to be in the VERY first wave of SELF disembark patrons. as in among the first 30 or so off the ship and through Customs.

If you are okay with schlepping EVERYTHING from your cabin off the ship ( down stairs as the elevators may not be an option due to crowding) and you feel lucky....

Hello,

Thank you.

Danny

If the ship is on time, if there are no custom delays, if one of the big ships (Oasis class) is not disembarking before you, if there are not a lot of ships in port that day, and if you self disembark, you will probably make it.

Well first of all, you are one of three ships in that day, with Allure being one of them. That's a huge passenger load for Port Everglades. If you were the only ship in that day I would say you would probably have a chance, but not with 3 ships.

http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/United_States_Of_America/212-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida/January_2017/

Do you want to spend your entire vacation worried about this? :( The Southern itinerary on Serenade is amazing. You'll have a great time. Book the later flight. ;)

Edited by Langley Cruisers

Hello,

Thank you.

Danny

No way I would book that flight. You disembark on Monday, January 2nd which many people will have off for the New Year's holiday since the 1st is a Sunday. That is going to be a very busy travel day.

The stress of that flight would ruin my cruise. If is a very big word for this scenario. I have been on ships that clear right away and some that do not. You could possibly be the first to be off the ship at 7 and be out on the street by 7:30 am. It is a close ride, not even 15 minutes to the airport. You have to be at the airport no later than 8:45 am. So yes, if everything works out then it will be fine.

I would not chance it though. If that flight is so much better I would book a hotel at a reasonable hotel that has a free airport shuttle. I would then fly out to the west coast the following day if the flight is offered at the same time, route and savings.

The difference in time home and direct vs connecting would be enough for me to gamble since airport is so close. We made a 9:45 off independence and they have terrible getting off.

However only if you can walk all your stuff off yourself. We get in line at least a hour before docking to try and be within first 30 off. So yes that does mean getting up early.

We ONLY do this if there is a huge difference in flight time options. Otherwise we book later flight so we don't stress.

The difference in time home and direct vs connecting would be enough for me to gamble since airport is so close. We made a 9:45 off independence and they have terrible getting off.

However only if you can walk all your stuff off yourself. We get in line at least a hour before docking to try and be within first 30 off. So yes that does mean getting up early.

We ONLY do this if there is a huge difference in flight time options. Otherwise we book later flight so we don't stress.

I agree; it can be a pain in the butt getting up early but we've taken our luggage off ourselves and been off the ship before others start their disembarkation. Customs is a breeze at that time before the "hoards" come off and we were out of the terminal by 7:40am, caught a cab and at the airport by 8. Good luck; it can happen.

Edited by Surfguyxxx

Do they not offer express disembarkation?

Express opened at 6:30 on my Oasis cruise, virtually NOBODY down there. We literally walked down at 6:45 and were out of the terminal and in our car by 7:00. It was literally as fast as we could walk... no line at customs, nobody there, nothing.

The guest services person actually recommended it and said to go at 6:45 after the first group gets off. They couldn't have been more accurate. I live just west of Fort Lauderdale and we were home by 7:20. I can't imagine you not being able to get to the airport, right next to Port Everglades, in time for a 10:10 flight - providing the ship is on time and they have express nice and early. And yes, express you would keep your luggage and take it down with you. Big deal. As they say - just take your luggage and walk off the ship. It was literally that simple.

Isn't Oasis and Allure at a separate terminal anyways?

Has to be someone who can confirm this for your ship, what time they start express.

Edited by BNBR

. Customs is a breeze at that time before the "hoards" come off and we were out of the terminal by 7:40am, caught a cab and at the airport by 8.

You must not be sailing from the same Ft.Lauderdale terminals we have sailed from. At times customs may have 2 people on duty to handle 3000 -/+ passengers so no matter how early you are off ship, you may not get out of terminal and hail cab in time for the short drive to airport.

No way would we change a flight that early.

. Customs is a breeze at that time before the "hoards" come off and we were out of the terminal by 7:40am, caught a cab and at the airport by 8.

You must not be sailing from the same Ft.Lauderdale terminals we have sailed from. At times customs may have 2 people on duty to handle 3000 -/+ passengers so no matter how early you are off ship, you may not get out of terminal and hail cab in time for the short drive to airport.

No way would we change a flight that early.

Is it possible the Oasis terminal is better? I was there 2 weeks ago and walked right off at 6:45. As I said in my post, the guest services person told me that's how it would be, and that's how it was. So it must always be that way. To say it was a breeze is being modest, we literally walked right up to the customs person, no line, and she was so fast, we barely had to stop for 20 seconds.

So what I am hearing is that if there is only one ship (Allure) arriving in PE on a Sunday (non holiday that we are OK for a flight at 10:30.

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

So what I am hearing is that if there is only one ship (Allure) arriving in PE on a Sunday (non holiday that we are OK for a flight at 10:30.

I would be OK with this but others would not be. However, Allure arrives into port early, like 5:30 am and that makes a difference. They have 10,000 pieces of luggage to start off-loading. :eek:

Sorry for hijacking the thread.

Depends who you ask :)

I can only speak for getting off of Oasis. But they do offer express for, apparently, this very reason.

I would be OK with this but others would not be. However, Allure arrives into port early, like 5:30 am and that makes a difference. They have 10,000 pieces of luggage to start off-loading. :eek:

The amount of luggage is irrelevant. With express you take your own.

Like someone else pointed out it's not only the fact that there's 3 ships in port. It's a very busy travel day. It could take awhile to get through security.

When we were on IOS this past September we were the only ship in port. We walked off the ship, took the shuttle to the rental car agency, picked up the car and were eating breakfast on the beach by 8:10.

But in the OPs situation I wouldn't chance it. I would be way too stressed worrying about making it.

The amount of luggage is irrelevant. With express you take your own.

I realize that, but I think you misunderstand. The person to whom I was replying asked about a 10:30 flight on a one-ship day (Allure); at no time did they mention self-disembarkation. As well, my comment about the amount of luggage was geared toward the reason they dock so early. ;)

I won't add to the "yes you'll be fine" and "no way, that's too early"...I'm just here to say that itinerary makes me very jealous. DH and I love us some sea days so 2 on each end is awesome and the ports are great. Have a great time!