Sweating the Small Stuff

marbat105

Reading lots of threads about things that seem too trivial to ruin a vacation. After all, we're on a cruise ship right? What silly thing can ruin your vacation. I'm going to miss baseball but I watch tons at home. Small thing but I will miss my Mets

Reading lots of threads about things that seem too trivial to ruin a vacation. After all, we're on a cruise ship right? What silly thing can ruin your vacation. I'm going to miss baseball but I watch tons at home. Small thing but I will miss my Mets

For you it's not really small stuff if you are sweating it. It might not be your Mets, but there should be a game on in a bar somewhere. If not, well you would be in a bar. Does that help?

Yes. I noticed that reading some of this stuff makes me stressed over things that probably won't even come up.

Still if you go armed with knowledge of how to handle various problems, then if they do come up, they impact your vacation much less.

You made me laugh. I am as addicted to the Mets as apparently you are...

But I know what you mean. Some stuff is minor in the scheme of things.

Enjoy![/QUOT

I'm thinking I could use a break from them. And everyone else!

Yes. I noticed that reading some of this stuff makes me stressed over things that probably won't even come up.

Still if you go armed with knowledge of how to handle various problems, then if they do come up, they impact your vacation much less.

Soda? People are upset about soda. There I said it!

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. A lot of people saying their vacations were "ruined" by what clothes other people wore in the MDR, or because they saw somebody using a fork to stir their coffee.

The closest we ever got to having our vacation "ruined" was when we got a call from my mother-in-law as we were getting on the ship letting us know that she was flying down and would be at our house while we were on the cruise and for a week after. No notice, we were both angry, and it caused a fight when my husband refused to say anything to her about not just inviting herself to our house when we gone.

Even with all that, by the time the ship sailed away we managed to get into full vacation mode and still enjoyed the cruise.

Yeah, I've noticed this as well. A lot of people saying their vacations were "ruined" by what clothes other people wore in the MDR, or because they saw somebody using a fork to stir their coffee.

when people come here and post about how their vacations were ruined because someone wore shorts or jeans in the MDR, I just...words can't explain how I am just like :eek:

In all of my cruises, I couldn't tell you what ANYONE wore in the MDR, whether fancy dress or a swimsuit. I guess i just worry about myself and having a good time

That being said, I feel like cruise critic is an outlet for people to voice "the small stuff" and discuss it.

Because you can't even book a cruise 10 years from now and the person asking about medicare isn't eligible until 10 years from now. (And that's not even going into if medicare will even exist in 10 years!)

Wondering what your retirement years will look like isn't "the small stuff".

Because you can't even book a cruise 10 years from now and the person asking about medicare isn't eligible until 10 years from now. (And that's not even going into if medicare will even exist in 10 years!)

The OP was wondering about Medicaid, not Medicare. Not sure if they know the difference between the two...

I love her optimism that she is going to be alive, well enough, and have the resources to cruise in 10 years!!!! Only 2 guarantees in life.....