Saturday Night Fever Production Show

Have read several trip reports stating that although the Saturday Night Fever production show onboard is well done, it is not suitable for kids to view.

Am somewhat familiar with the plot from the movie, but can someone give specifics as to what is inappropriate for kids to see/hear in the ship's version? And are we talking only about children or does that include younger teens as well? Thanks!

Have read several trip reports stating that although the Saturday Night Fever production show onboard is well done, it is not suitable for kids to view.

Am somewhat familiar with the plot from the movie, but can someone give specifics as to what is inappropriate for kids to see/hear in the ship's version? And are we talking only about children or does that include younger teens as well? Thanks!

Unintended pregnancy and its consequences.

Unintended pregnancy and its consequences.

After watching many " regular " tv shows I say the kids won't see anything they have not already experienced[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

After watching many " regular " tv shows I say the kids won't see anything they have not already experienced[emoji12][emoji12][emoji12][emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you seen the production on the Liberty? I was trying not to give too much away. It is VERY *dark*.

Have you seen the production on the Liberty? I was trying not to give too much away. It is VERY *dark*.

I saw it last year, and I remember it being sort of weird. However, you can ignore me because I was not a fan of the movie or disco and I never had kids. My wife on the other hand wanted to be the dancing girl... It was a good show with good production values, but I don't remember much about it as far as good or bad with kids. Since I grew up in those days, there were very few healthy things (other than dancing going on in discos in the 70s). Drugs, Sex and labido were pretty much the only point of that entire experience. I.E. If I had kids there were no role models at the disco tech.:D

JC<-----JMHO and YMMV

Can you elaborate on "very dark?" It won't bother me if you give details of the show away. Was there nudity? Cursing? Simulated sexual acts? Saying something was very dark is a bit vague... Thanks!

There was none of the above, saw it 3 months ago, good production, considering what kids see on TV

I just assume I know never assume That everyone saw the picture a million times and knows the story by heart. I was still in high school when that picture came out and it was BIG.... That and Grease (the movie) My Mom is from Brooklyn and it took place and was shot right around my grandmother and aunts neighborhoods and my older cousins and their friends who were Disco age at the time. Were exactly like those characters . The Polyester suits and platform shoes *LOL* the works.

For me its like looking at old home movies. All my relatives are gone from that area . The times , the neighborhoods have changed .

What was such a big deal in the late 70s is almost comical today. Have not seen the broadway or shipboard versions , but I can't see it being any worse than what kids watch today.

I just assume I know never assume That everyone saw the picture a million times and knows the story by heart. I was still in high school when that picture came out and it was BIG.... That and Grease (the movie) My Mom is from Brooklyn and it took place and was shot right around my grandmother and aunts neighborhoods and my older cousins and their friends who were Disco age at the time. Were exactly like those characters . The Polyester suits and platform shoes *LOL* the works.

For me its like looking at old home movies. All my relatives are gone from that area . The times , the neighborhoods have changed .

What was such a big deal in the late 70s is almost comical today. Have not seen the broadway or shipboard versions , but I can't see it being any worse than what kids watch today.

True dat...

JC

I haven't seen it but I assume it closely follows the original story line.

What is so dark about it?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk