Best cabin choices Serenade of the Seas

What are the best balcony room choices for decks 8 and 9 in terms of unobstructed view, balcony size, and quietness of the room? Also, can I assume all balconies have see-through glass panels (I don't want solid panels blocking my view)?

Thanks.

There are no "solid" balcony rails...so you're fine there. The lifeboats are visible from ALL side balconies...they are right below deck 7, so while it's not "obstructed" outward viewing, you will NOT be able to see the hull of the ship from any side balcony...the higher you are, the less it bothers you. Any cabins marked "partial obstruction" on the deck plans really aren't "obstructed" in the sense your view is BLOCKED....it's just there is a platform or ladder above you....you can see it, but it's nothing to worry about.

The deck plans will tell you all about each cabin...obstructions, types of bedding....

Edited by cb at sea

If you can get a cabin on what they call the Hump, where the ship extends out, try and get a room mid him to either side. This would be on the Starboard side of the ship on the Radiance Class. We tend to book 6 to 10 rooms forward of the elevators if we can't get a cabin in the hump section.