Carnival Valor Steak House Question

• 2 weeks later...
The first night promo is either a free bottle of inexpensive red or white wine or 50% off bottle of your choice. I've done both.

Hi,

My understanding is that the 50% offer can be on more than one bottle so that one could cellar some wine to be used on the rest of the cruise.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks

Does it matter when we book, now or when we arrive?

No, you can book ahead of time by using the carnival website, or you can do it when you get on the ship. There will be someone around in one of the public areas with a "sample" cart of meats that you can book with.

We ate in the steakhouse last year and loved it, already booked for the sept 9 th cruise, make sure you try the Chocolate Sampler

I love the idea of a rich and luscious dessert going in. But at this stage of my metabolic life by the time I've experienced the earlier part of a steak house meal it has, at times, represented more pain later in the evening.

But it is very tempting - VERY.

I love the idea of a rich and luscious dessert going in. But at this stage of my metabolic life by the time I've experienced the earlier part of a steak house meal it has, at times, represented more pain later in the evening.

But it is very tempting - VERY.

Actually I dont think your missing much in the dessert category. Apps and steaks are excellent find the desserts to be much less so.

Actually I dont think your missing much in the dessert category. Apps and steaks are excellent find the desserts to be much less so.

Thanks, yes, that has been my experience on board ships in the last number of years. A dish of ice cream does me just fine when I want a shot of sweet before bed time.

I'd much rather have a chaser of Single Malt and a good cigar after that BIG meal.

;)

Thanks, yes, that has been my experience on board ships in the last number of years. A dish of ice cream does me just fine when I want a shot of sweet before bed time.

I'd much rather have a chaser of Single Malt and a good cigar after that BIG meal.

;)

Think the desserts in DR are actually better than steakhouse. Have gotten cheese plates recently.

We will be on The Valor Oct 30th and we are wanting to try the Steak House. Is there any kind of promo they run for any of the days? Anything that we should try?

Thank you,

Misty

The first two nights, they offer a free bottle of generic red or white white that is quite awful. They also offer 50% off other wines. Go for that.

We always book the day we choose to eat, as to not to commit to something should anything else be happening. Have never had a problem, with most other tables empty.

Go for the fillet or the lobster; avoid the combo, and go for the cheesecake dessert.

And if you normally can't distinguish between cuts or grades of food, skip it altogether. It's really not worth the $35 they charge on top of a meal you have already paid for.