2 nights on Solstice

Either go to the Sky Lounge (forward, deck 14 inside) for sailaway or to the Lawn Club (aft, deck 15 outside).

If you decide to go to the Sky Lounge, make sure you get there early as there are some daybeds right at the front by the windows with great views - at least there were on our last cruise on her, I'll check again in February. There are also chairs, of course.

Terry's photo on the other Solstice thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2382971&page=2

shows you what the seating is like at the Lawn Club, and there are some tables in front of the bar right at the back.

Either go to the Sky Lounge (forward, deck 14 inside) for sailaway or to the Lawn Club (aft, deck 15 outside).

If you decide to go to the Sky Lounge, make sure you get there early as there are some daybeds right at the front by the windows with great views - at least there were on our last cruise on her, I'll check again in February. There are also chairs, of course.

Terry's photo on the other Solstice thread, http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2382971&page=2

shows you what the seating is like at the Lawn Club, and there are some tables in front of the bar right at the back.

It was the other thread that finally tipped us over the edge to book.

That and deposit of $20.

By the time you get up to 14 and 15,it will be time to disembark.

Also are you allowed to push 2 day-beds together to make one.:eek:

And when you do get up there they will say sorry no diet-coke here,you have to go back down to ?????.

B

Also are you allowed to push 2 day-beds together to make one.:eek:

Half the time they're set up like that anyway.

The hard part is figuring out who nicked the cushions, which you really need to be comfortable reclining in style.

if they have the glass blowing show on during this short cruise, do go and see it. it's near the lawn area. (we got there about 20 minutes before the actual start time to get seats in the front row)

the hamburgers at the Mast Grill (on deck) were fantastic ....complimentary and great quality

Appreciate this kind mention. Below are just a few of my "eye-candy" samples here. More can be seen on the links below. Hope that Celebrity can find my USA address and start sending those commission checks. Hint! Hint!!

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these early 2014 updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 38,622 views for this posting.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 151,251 views for this posting.

The Solarium was one of our most favorite areas. Food and drinks were nearby and it was very relaxed and sophisticated. Quieter, too, as it is an adults-only area. Two hot tubs here. Not crowded, especially in the evenings. Nice art and design with this facility. Wonderful setting for relaxing and watching the outside water/shore views, enjoying subtle inside action, etc.:

SolsticeSolariumSunnyDay.jpg

On the top, back of the Solstice, here is a wider view of Corning Hot Glass show area, plus the green grass and the unique covering designs for this special area of the ship. Classy design touches and style!!:

SolsticeGlassGrassBack.jpg

My wife and I ordered Châteaubriand for two at Murano. Here is it being prepared table-side. The second pictures shows how it looked on my plate with its fricassée of baby vegetables. There were the options of Béarnaise & Cabernet sauce. I had to be fair and could not choose between these two great options. Solution? How to decide? Have BOTH!! Great decision.:

MuranoDining12_zpsa0781883.jpg

MuranoDining13_zpsedee9985.jpg

its not till next October so no hurries but...

Never done a Two nighter.

Never been on Solstice.

So, any hints it tips?

Party Cruise Mr.Gut, hope there are not too many Bogans on board, 'chundering' over the lawn. LOL. Above all, enjoy !!!

Janina and I have booked this cruise. We have done numerous short cruises and enjoyed them very much.

Good to hear.

Might meet you on board.

It's a bit of a mix for just. Just before Mrs Gut's birthday, a fill so I don't go totally stir crazy waiting till December, and a chance to try a ship we've not been on.

But our shortest so far was five days and doing five in February.

At least I guess parking won't cost much and we won't need to pack much.

Party Cruise Mr.Gut, hope there are not too many Bogans on board, 'chundering' over the lawn. LOL. Above all, enjoy !!!

Be one more Bogan when Mrs Gut gets on, she's not all couth and sophistimicated like Gut are.

Just realised this could be the most expensive cruise Gut's ever done.

No soft drink package, now $2.50 a can by say 2 days by ....

OMG.:eek::eek::eek:

Can't you bring on a 12 pack of Coke Zero ?

Can't you bring on a 12 pack of Coke Zero ?

I thought Celebrity had stopped that.

But 12 cans, we sail at 6:30 I think, so that's day 1.:D

I'm sure I'll survive, one way or the other, and if the ships loaded up with that Yanky stuff I won't miss it anyway.