Advantages of a Penthouse Suite on Quest?

MsSommelier

I'm probably blind, but I can't find a list of the advantages of a penthouse suite vs Veranda suite - except size. Would someone be so kind as to point me to where I might find that info?

(We're looking at a penthouse on deck 10). Many thanks!

I'm probably blind, but I can't find a list of the advantages of a penthouse suite vs Veranda suite - except size. Would someone be so kind as to point me to where I might find that info?

(We're looking at a penthouse on deck 10). Many thanks!

We had a Penthouse suite on our last cruise. The only reason was for the extra space both in the suite itself and the larger veranda.

We also got daily fruit delivered, no longer done in normal suites. To be fair if you ask they will put whatever fruit you want in your cabin anyway :)

I think there might have been an extra book on the shelves as well from memory.

The extra space was nice but I have to say not the deal breaker it is on most cruise ships. The standard cabin on SB is so much better than it's equivalent on all other ships we have been on or looked at. Normally you get in your cabin and think how tight it is, on SB it always seems bigger than you were expecting particularly in the bathroom. I can still remember the WOW of walking in there on our first cruise.

Henry :)

You do get noticeable larger bath towels in a penthouse suite.

I have no idea if the towels are larger in the penthouse but I love a big fluffy towel and noticed that the pool towels were much larger so in the afternoon when leaving the pool I would toss my used beach towel in the dirty bin and grab a fresh one to use with my evening shower. :)

I have no idea if the towels are larger in the penthouse but I love a big fluffy towel and noticed that the pool towels were much larger so in the afternoon when leaving the pool I would toss my used beach towel in the dirty bin and grab a fresh one to use with my evening shower. :)

I do this too, but sometimes there is an overriding smell of sun oil on them!

What we liked about the Penthouse Suite - over and above the extra square feet - ....... larger shower stall, toilet in a separate room, larger veranda with two chairs and two recliners, larger TV screen, second TV in bedroom area, more space for in-room dining with round table, very handy for both Sky Bar and Observation Lounge.

Henry,

Do you think it was the reflection of yourself in the mirror that did it?

Well I was looking extremely ripped that cruise so maybe. The pity is other guests don't get to see the benefit although it does say come as you are in whatever state of dress or undress for the block party......

I think I may have just found the solution to getting them stopped Mr L. You on deck 10, me on deck 4 in our underpants and shower caps :)

Well I was looking extremely ripped that cruise so maybe. The pity is other guests don't get to see the benefit although it does say come as you are in whatever state of dress or undress for the block party......

I think I may have just found the solution to getting them stopped Mr L. You on deck 10, me on deck 4 in our underpants and shower caps :)

How funny, YES PLEASE!!

Is this a new thing? I seem to recall having fresh fruit in Jan/Feb.

It's still available but my understanding is that it's no longer automatic. We were asked by our suite stewardess whether we wanted the daily fruit. I don't personally snack on fruit between meals but my mother enjoyed it.

It's still available but my understanding is that it's no longer automatic. We were asked by our suite stewardess whether we wanted the daily fruit. I don't personally snack on fruit between meals but my mother enjoyed it.

Changing from automatic fresh fruit to "on request" actually makes good sense. We've been on several cruises on Seabourn and Regent where we have never touched the fruit in our stateroom. From breakfast to lunch to cocktails and dinner and after dinner drinks, some of us just have no further capacity for food intake! ;-) I always feel bad about wasting the fruit by not eating it, so I think it's smart for the cruise lines not to do it automatically. (But they should make sure people know it is available on request, either on a pre-cruise form or by having the room stewardesses ask.)

Eric

Changing from automatic fresh fruit to "on request" actually makes good sense. We've been on several cruises on Seabourn and Regent where we have never touched the fruit in our stateroom. From breakfast to lunch to cocktails and dinner and after dinner drinks, some of us just have no further capacity for food intake! ;-) I always feel bad about wasting the fruit by not eating it, so I think it's smart for the cruise lines not to do it automatically. (But they should make sure people know it is available on request, either on a pre-cruise form or by having the room stewardesses ask.)

Eric

Agree. I've never eaten one piece of fruit in my suite.