Sojourn dry dock

cwisleman

Oh good we can all complain about vaping now.

I would hate to have a vaporist on the balcony next door,I can't stand the smell of blueberry wafting across my balcony whilst I am trying to breath in the cigarette smoke from the person on the other balcony.

I would hate to have a vaporist on the balcony next door,I can't stand the smell of blueberry wafting across my balcony whilst I am trying to breath in the cigarette smoke from the person on the other balcony.

Be careful what you wish for... Seabourn may decide that that a branded "ambient scent" is the latest trend bandwagon to jump on. If the ship's start smelling like tobacco and blueberry, I know who to blame! 😄

I always add a couple of drops of Hugo Boss (from Pete the Perfume at the Walthamstow car boot) in my " Midnight Musk" vape fluid from the Vietnamese dude who wanders round the industrial estate.

All I need now is a cabin with a balcony....

Henry :)

Will the Sojourn go into dry dock after being chartered out for the Monaco Grand Prix next month by Marlboro? I suspect there will be a whole lot of smoking going on!

Marlboro is a brand that is owned by Philip Morris which is a subsidiary of Altria. Likely it is Philip Morris International (a separate company to the US one of the same name) which has chartered Sojourn.

Philip Morris International is headquartered in Lausanne and, per Swiss law, there is no smoking in their offices. I would have thought that Monaco law pertains for the charter unless they leave port every day for international waters. And Monaco law restricts smoking.

Marlboro is a brand that is owned by Philip Morris which is a subsidiary of Altria. Likely it is Philip Morris International (a separate company to the US one of the same name) which has chartered Sojourn.

Philip Morris International is headquartered in Lausanne and, per Swiss law, there is no smoking in their offices. I would have thought that Monaco law pertains for the charter unless they leave port every day for international waters. And Monaco law restricts smoking.

The Odyssey is doing the Charter next year, and we were told two days ago, that smoking is allowed all over the ship, even at breakfast in the Colonnade. Will need a good fumigating after that.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I spoke with Seattle a few months ago and can tell you I was told Sojourn will go into dry dock Dec 2017 and will be outfitted with the new TK Grill Restaurant at that time. Sadly this means I will not have the Grill option for my July Alaska cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 weeks later...

We were aboard Quest in August and dined in the new TK restaurant twice. It was just "OK", honestly, pretty typical steak house fare, nothing special. I think the fact that it was a new venue was part of the problem. Service was slow and largely uninformed. I will not miss it when we are also on Sojourn in July in Alaska.

On the other hand, the Thomas Keller family style dinners in the Collonade were wonderful. We tried all of them, except for the New England "clam bake".