Odyssey room service

Jimmyke

Hello,

I did already a few seabourn cruises, but now on 24 april, my parents go for the first time on seabourn.

They are almost 80.....

Does anybody knows what you have to dial for room service, and restaurant reservation in the stateroom ? And does anybody have the room service menu ?

So I can make a small book with info in Flemish for my parents....

Thanks, jimmy

For room service, they will press the room service button on the phone. As you may remember, reservations are only required for R2 but that can be booked by pressing the guest services button.

The standard room service (24/7) menu is on the back of each day's printed menu and as well, the restaurant menu (with the exception of Thomas Keller items) is also available each evening.

Hello,

No I know they will not starve ;))), but the problem is due to the age, they are not so handy anymore, in looking the room service menu, how to dial an outside line, how to make a booking etc......

They are 80 and their original language is Flemish, they speak english, but reading etc....is getting more difficult.

Usually I make a small info folder in flemish with all the usefull info....

How to call an outside line, how to make a booking....just to make their cruise even more relaxer....

Greetz jimmy

Jimmy, we think it is great that you provide Flemish info for your parents.

Since they speak English, they could reach a telephone operator and then ask to be connected to what they wanted, room service, etc. We believe that operator is reached through the (US at least) standard "0", but can not definitely remember.

This brings us to our second suggestion: they should ask their Stewardess to show them the buttons to use on the phone. You could give them the Flemish info folder with everything filled out except for the button numbers, which they can put in the blank spaces you provide.

We hope they have a wonderful cruise.

Hello,

I did already a few seabourn cruises, but now on 24 april, my parents go for the first time on seabourn.

They are almost 80.....

Does anybody knows what you have to dial for room service, and restaurant reservation in the stateroom ? And does anybody have the room service menu ?

So I can make a small book with info in Flemish for my parents....

Thanks, jimmy

In Suite Dining Menu......

STARTERS

Prosciutto & Melon

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail

Chicken Consomme (with fresh vegetables)

Roasted Tomato Soup

MAINS

Penne Pasta (with sauce marinara)

Caesar Salad (with choice of grilled chicken)

Pan Sauteed Salmon Fillet

Rosemary Rosted Chicken Breast

Grilled New York Cut Sirloin

Club Sandwich (grilled chicken, smoked bacon, boiled egg, coleslaw, chips)

Hamburger/Cheeseburger (with coleslaw, chips)

American Beef Hot Dog (with coleslaw, chips)

DESSERTS

Strawberry New York Cheese Cake

Chocolate Pot De Crème (chocolate florentines)

Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry ice Cream

Home Made Cookies

Fresh Fruits

Selection of Cheese

In Suite Dining Menu......

STARTERS

Prosciutto & Melon

Chilled Shrimp Cocktail

Chicken Consomme (with fresh vegetables)

Roasted Tomato Soup

MAINS

Penne Pasta (with sauce marinara)

Caesar Salad (with choice of grilled chicken)

Pan Sauteed Salmon Fillet

Rosemary Rosted Chicken Breast

Grilled New York Cut Sirloin

Club Sandwich (grilled chicken, smoked bacon, boiled egg, coleslaw, chips)

Hamburger/Cheeseburger (with coleslaw, chips)

American Beef Hot Dog (with coleslaw, chips)

DESSERTS

Strawberry New York Cheese Cake

Chocolate Pot De Crème (chocolate florentines)

Vanilla, Chocolate or Strawberry ice Cream

Home Made Cookies

Fresh Fruits

Selection of Cheese

Thanks for posting this.

Thanks for posting this.

During the hours the main dining room is open, they may order anything off the menu and it will be served all at once or course by course. With a day's notice, they can create their own menu. We did that for our anniversary last summer. We planned the menu and the wines with the maitre d' the day before, got dressed up, and had a wonderful, romantic (given we've been together 40 years) dinner on our balcony, at sunset, served course by course. It was one of our nicest evenings on the ship. We plan to do it again next month.

During the hours the main dining room is open, they may order anything off the menu and it will be served all at once or course by course. With a day's notice, they can create their own menu. We did that for our anniversary last summer. We planned the menu and the wines with the maitre d' the day before, got dressed up, and had a wonderful, romantic (given we've been together 40 years) dinner on our balcony, at sunset, served course by course. It was one of our nicest evenings on the ship. We plan to do it again next month.

All I can say is BRAVO for all your cruises and what a romantic way to celebrate 40 years. Keep doing it.:)

All I can say is BRAVO for all your cruises and what a romantic way to celebrate 40 years. Keep doing it.:)

I can only aspire to the same with my next ex-wife...not the 40 years part since the math doesn't work, but the dinner on the balcony. Sounds very nice.

We did that for our anniversary last summer. We planned the menu and the wines with the maitre d' the day before, got dressed up, and had a wonderful, romantic (given we've been together 40 years) dinner on our balcony, at sunset, served course by course. It was one of our nicest evenings on the ship. We plan to do it again next month.

Nicely done!

Edited by 2SailingNomads

You should also look into having them connect with the international hostess on board who could then help them not only with menus and general food ordering, but also with other logistics where their weaker English could create problems or discomfort. Call SB in advance to give them a heads up for your parents, and write out her name and info.

She could also look out to see if there are other Flemish speakers on board they might wish to get together with ( or French speakers, if they also,speak French). There were some Flemish speakers on board my Odyssey trip last fall.