Beer

CLOU

While my husband and I have been on a number Seabourn cruises, we are not really beer drinkers so i have not paid attention to the beer selection. This September, my sister and brother-in-law are joining us on the Quest on the Boston to Montreal cruise. My brother-in-law is a beer drinker. Can anyone tell me some of the beer choices that are available? Also, I seem to recall that people have mentioned that if you contact Seabourn in advance, they may be willing or able to stock his refrigerator with at least a six pack of a specifically requested beer. Although a six-pack will not last him very long, I thought it might be a nice touch to have him start out with one of his favorites. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

They tend to have international largers like Bud , Heinekin, But if you email the club they sometimes can get other beers that you can have put in the Sky bar or other bars as long as their suppliers can get it. Give them a few weeks notice .:D

On our Singapore to Mumbai cruise a couple of years ago I put in an early request to Seabourn for some British bitter for my husband - a great treat as we were living in Turkey at the time and you can't find it there at all.

Seabourn were very helpful and ensured a couple of packs of London Pride were on board - although there was much mystification when I listed Spitfire and Bishops Finger as alternatives!

I'm sure they'll oblige you.

Edited by claranda

I enjoy a beer and I find that Seabourn carries a good variety onboard. On our recent Japan cruise on Sojourn we had U.S, European, Japanese and Chinese beers. They appeared to stock up with new beers in each port, if available. If they don't have it onboard they will endeavor to get it for you

If there is a particular beer you're looking for I would ask for it ahead of time. While they occasionally have something different for the most part they're very lager centric with Bud, Corona, Heineken, Groslch and some other usual suspects. Ales were few and far between.

On my last 30+ day cruise I requested a specific, and relatively easy to find in the U.S. IPA about 30 days in advance, via the online preferences form. Unfortunately once on board there was none nor did it seem as the request made it through the appropriate channels. Now my stewardess went above and beyond and gave me an update at least twice a day and was so apologetic each time I saw her despite the fact she had nothing to do with it. Daniela (sp) I forgot her exact title, not bar manager but similar, made sure once she was aware of the issue to procure some at the next port. This making sure you have what you want is why Seabourn is the only choice for us.

But experience being education, my suggestion would be to"call" Seabourn to place a beer request rather than trust the preferences form.

I think I will suggest that my brother-in-law call. When I have used the preference form for a spirit that is not on the list, sometimes the requested bottle is in the room when we board and sometimes not. Of course, my stewardess has always provided the requested bottle by the first evening, but I know that is is commonly stocked on Seabourn.

How much of a particular beer has Seabourn provided? Not that my brother-in-law will be drinking night and day, but like many of us on vacation, especially on an all inclusive cruise where driving is not a concern, a six pack or even two is not likely to last the cruise. He can, of course, deal with the standard offerings if his special request is not honored or it runs out. Since I have told my sister and brother-in-law how much I have enjoyed my Seabourn cruises, they are going with us mainly due to my recommendations, so I want to make the trip as enjoyable for them as possible. Thanks.

Does anyone know whether this accommodation extends to requesting particular wines on board?

Also, where does one find the Special Request form?

Thanks!

I've only seen it with beer/cider and hard liquor. I don't see why they couldn't get specific wines in their price range - absent distribution issues as wine seems to have far more issues in this regard.

go to already booked , seabourn club then myseabourn and onboard preferences:)

I've only seen it with beer/cider and hard liquor. I don't see why they couldn't get specific wines in their price range - absent distribution issues as wine seems to have far more issues in this regard.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a pack o’ cheapskates! You go ashore, you find out what the best brew is and you buy a six, or two; you give ‘em to the Pool Deck bar-fellow while saying ‘keep a bottle for yourself’, and you have a frosty one with its exotic label poured at Lunch in the Sun: with beer afficionado around you who didn’t wondering what you got in a Port soon to be receding forever and you do it again in Hilo/Mykonos/Auckland .... or you can have some free Corona/Bud in your Suite pre-ordered.

What a pack o’ cheapskates! You go ashore, you find out what the best brew is and you buy a six, or two; you give ‘em to the Pool Deck bar-fellow while saying ‘keep a bottle for yourself’, and you have a frosty one with its exotic label poured at Lunch in the Sun: with beer afficionado around you who didn’t wondering what you got in a Port soon to be receding forever and you do it again in Hilo/Mykonos/Auckland .... or you can have some free Corona/Bud in your Suite pre-ordered.

I found the beer in Mykonos to be reminiscent of bud. That was still sadly a step up from the beer in Turkey. Not all ports have what I would consider "good" beer, nor would I want to spend my time ashore shopping for beer to bring back.

But if you like making grocery runs from the ship to drink the local version of bud, more power to you.

I found the Mykonos beer to be reminiscent of bud. That was still sadly a step up from the beer in Turkey. Not all ports have what I would consider "good" beer, nor would I want to spend my time ashore shopping for beer to bring back.

But if you like making grocery runs from the ship to drink the local version of bud, more power to you.

Seabourn is great at fulfilling a specific request if it is readily available. I love Nutella but rarely have it at home. One morning at breakfast I casually asked if they had any, but went about my day not thinking a bit about it after that. They didn't have any that first day but apparently they radioed ahead to the provisioning department and it was available after our next port. For the remainder of our cruise a little plate of Nutella was delivered to our breakfast table each morning.

If your BIL beer preference is easily available in the US I would almost guarantee that it will be available.

Another example of catering to passengers is I enjoy a Diet Ginger Ale and didn't expect it to be available on board so while on our way to the port in FLL I asked our driver to stop at a convenience store near the port so I could pick up a 12 pack to bring on the ship. Knowing I needed one on a rough seas day I brought a can with me to lunch. Apparently it was something they carried on board and whenever I showed up at a dining venue they would ask if I wanted/needed a DGA and went and dug one up for one of the venues as it wasn't regularly stocked at all venues.

When we cruised in November 2014, I asked for a six pack of Miller Lite for the cabin fridge. They did not have it and stocked the fridge with Coors light instead. At the first stop, someone got off the ship, bought a six pack of Miller Lite and by late afternoon of the second day, I had a six pack of Miller Lite in my cabin fridge.

That kind of service sold me on Seabourn!