Short review first time Seabourn Sojourn cruisers

Bouillon123

14 days Singapore - Hong Kong (January 2016)

Check in: very fast

Cabin: Nice and functional, plenty of storage space, nice bathroom. Balcony was adequate with nice furniture.

Food: our favourite place was the Colonnade and we enjoyed service and food, very relaxed. We did not enjoy the TK menu (tried it once), but this is a matter of personal taste.

Internet: it did the job to check emails but expensive in our opinion

Excursions: we did an excursion organised through Seabourn in Ho Chi Minh City and were very happy with it. Well organised and interesting.

Spa: it was ok, but I did not like the rather annoying "sales talk" to buy products

Service: wonderful and attentive

Ship: lovely seating areas and we felt you had the choice whether you wanted a quiet corner or join in getting to know people at bars etc

Observation Bar: nice bar, very quiet though when we were there

Guests onboard: very international and most have a smile on their face, the majority of guests nicely dressed (but not over the top), some of the guests looked rather, let's call it "underdressed" at breakfast which surprised us. We met a lovely couple from Scotland who we are still in contact with.

Ports of Call:

Singapore: we flew in 3 days before and were shown around by friends who live there, fantastic city

Laem Chabang: we played a round of golf at a golf course which was close by and enjoyed it a lot

Ko Kood: great fun and very well set up

Sihanoukville: probably our least favourite port as we had a private tour organised and needed to be at the gate at 9:00. Problem was transport to the gate which only went half hourly, we tried to walk to the gate but were sent back to the ship by port staff. We enquired at guest services and they informed us that it is out of their control to provide a better bus transfer system.

Danang: again we played a round of golf (fantastic golf course with great caddies)

Ho Chi Minh City: as mentioned we took a tour with Seabourn, but also met up with friends who live there on the second day

Halong Bay: we took a private boat tour (I believe I am not allowed to mention companies here) and it was the best tour we have made. We cruised Bai Tu Long Bay in a very small junk, 5 star service, very romantic despite a little bit cooler weather

Hong Kong: we stayed a couple of days on Hong Kong Island (hotel at the harbour), unfortunately we were there when they had their coldest spell for the time of year in 59 years. It rained a lot so we stayed in the hotel. Cost for a soup in the hotel was 23 Pounds and breakfast for one was 36 Pounds.

Disembarkation: a little bit chaotic due to waiting times for taxis

All in all, we loved our first time with Seabourn and will return.

We were on the ship over the Christmas & New Year period.

I would echo many of your sentiments.

Observation lounge busy period is pre-dinner where it fills up and has a good atmosphere.

Spas, particularly on cruise ships are well known for trying to push product. As a man it's probably easier to walk away on the basis the creams and potions would be wasted on me :)

Agreed on spaces to sit and relax. For us this is the key difference with more mainstream cruise lines where you are constantly fighting for somewhere to sit or lounge.

I tend not to get overly dressed up for breakfast. I actually found getting there on time was a challenge occasionally as they kept altering opening hours. 9.30 New Years Day after a good session seeing in the New Year was a prime example. It wasn't even as though the ship was on a tight schedule that day.

Not a golf player but sounds as though you managed to get your fix a couple of times which I imgine helped round off (sorry I couldn't resist ;) ) the trip.

Henry :)