Jacks Shack

Megan_Strick

• 1 month later...

I wanted an answer to this too.Those that have been there, done that: Is it a longer walk from the cruise port to Jacks Shack than walking from the cruise ship to the cruise port?

We were there in 2011 when we were more able bodied. Now DH can not walk very well. I'm just hoping he can walk from the ship to the cruise port. We are actually thinking of renting a taxi at cruise port to Jack's Shack. (PS, I read some where that it is 390ft from from ship to cruise port.

I wanted an answer to this too.Those that have been there, done that: Is it a longer walk from the cruise port to Jacks Shack than walking from the cruise ship to the cruise port?

We were there in 2011 when we were more able bodied. Now DH can not walk very well. I'm just hoping he can walk from the ship to the cruise port. We are actually thinking of renting a taxi at cruise port to Jack's Shack. (PS, I read some where that it is 390ft from from ship to cruise port.

How long will it take us to walk there? I must meet Topher!

It's been a while since we were in Grand Turk (May 2010), but I know that the cruise pier and Jack's Shack are in the same locations now as they were then. ;) It only took us about 10 minutes to walk to Jack's from where we entered the beach at Margaritaville. Walking back took us a little longer since we had a few drinks at Jack's and were in no hurry since we had plenty of time left before having to be back on the ship.

MAKINGWAVES...yes, the walk from the cruise port to Jack's Shack is longer than the walk from the ship to the cruise center. I'm not sure of the exact distance in feet, but Grand Turk has one of the shorter piers to walk from ship to cruise center. To get to Jacks, since it's walking in sand, it's also a little tougher of a walk. Your best bet may be to take a taxi and I wish I could help you with how much that would cost, but I don't have an answer for that. I hope you're able to get to Jack's this time.

Not sure what the taxi would cost, $4 pp would be the zone rate. And the road side entrance is just beyond the port gates which are just on the other side of the parking lot. quick trip for the taxi, I understand the mobility concern though. And walking on sand isn't the easiest thing to do if you have mobility issues.

From this picture - it looks like from tip to tip, it is only a little longer to walk from the port to Jacks than from the ship to the port.

MapToJacksShack.jpg?token=CR6Em3X8CVeCZ8eKL7cpltrTgSs%3D

Having just done it 3 days ago, it is a little longer than the ship to pier but like others have said, it is walking on sand

Doug

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

10 minutes, maybe 15 if you've already started drinking!

Not so sure drinking would be a factor ... might even help! :D

Jack's Shack is farther than it appears to be "as the crow flies". 15 minutes at least for most who aren't fast walkers. ;)

I had heard there is a "road" that runs behind so you wouldn't have to walk in the sand. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes you can walk on the road up there. I've never walked it but ridden the golf cart up there. I would think the beach walk would be much much shorter though.

I had heard there is a "road" that runs behind so you wouldn't have to walk in the sand. Does anyone know if this is true?

Yes, there is a road that makes walking easier than sand (the beach walk) getting there ... really an easier walk.

Some like Jack's Shack better than others so think about it before taking your time to go there. ;)