Post-cruise haircut in Santiago...

asebastian

Hi,

We'll be in Chile post-cruise for a bit, and my partner has asked me to post this!

She wants to have her hair cut while we're in Santiago.

Can anyone recommend a good women's hairdresser (moderately priced and easy to find in the city area; preferably can speak English)? I keep telling her hand signals should work at the hairdressers :)

Thanks in anticipation of kind responses.

Best regards

A.

My spouse had her hair cut in Santiago. We had been travelling for a month with another month to go. It was either Santiago or in Costa Rica.

She made the decision as we were walking about. Not by the square in the center of town, just a little uptown. Passed an empty salon and she decided to do it. Hairdresser spoke no English, spouse no Spanish. Not an issue, spouse was pleased.

This is not unusual because we travel frequently, often for 2-3 months at a time. There seems to be a common bond between client and stylist that transcends any language barrier. Besides, they have lots of posters, magazines to point to. She has had it cut in many countries. The language barrier has never caused a challenge...nor a hair disaster. Quite the opposite.

Hello you have several hair cutting shops and beauty center

With good reputations, you can go to:

Palumbo

Sebastian Ferrer

They are located in the main malls or Shopping centers as Costanera Center or Parque Arauco Shopping Centers

Best Regards

• 5 weeks later...

My DH and I have both had our hair cut and I've had my eyebrows waxed in several places around the world, many where we don't speak the language and have had the same experiences iancal has - never had a problem and always happy with the outcome. Pictures and hand signals work great. Like iancal we typically take long trips and hair doesn't stop growing. We never pick the place before arriving there or preselect which port for a haircut - usually happens as we are walking around a port and find a salon we like when we need a trim.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I had a very expensive haircut in Cambodia. Instead of paying the usual tariff of $1. for a guy with a chair and mirror on the street I plumped for the complete $3. meal deal at a men's salon. One of the best cuts that I have ever had.

Fortunately both the barber and I could speak a little French. The missing data was filled in by my spouses hand signals.