Many Ellis Island questions

lucyd

I just scheduled the 10:30 a.m. Ellis Island Hard Hat tour for October.

The website indicates I need to be at Ellis Island one hour prior to the start of the tour - this would mean I should be at Ellis Island by 9:30 a.m.

What time should we arrive Battery Park?

What time does Battery Park security check open?

If the first ferry is at 9:00 a.m?

Does the 9:00 A.M. ferry give enough time to arrive an hour before the 10:30 Hard Hat tour?

I have heard that most schools and tour groups take the 9:00 a.m. ferry - will we be able to get on?

Can we get on any Ferry we choose with a 10:30 a.m. Hard Hat ticket

I just scheduled the 10:30 a.m. Ellis Island Hard Hat tour for October.

The website indicates I need to be at Ellis Island one hour prior to the start of the tour - this would mean I should be at Ellis Island by 9:30 a.m.

What time should we arrive Battery Park?

What time does Battery Park security check open?

If the first ferry is at 9:00 a.m?

Does the 9:00 A.M. ferry give enough time to arrive an hour before the 10:30 Hard Hat tour?

I have heard that most schools and tour groups take the 9:00 a.m. ferry - will we be able to get on?

Can we get on any Ferry we choose with a 10:30 a.m. Hard Hat ticket

What exact date are you doing this? What hotel are you staying at?

If it's a weekday, it's also the height of rush hour in Manhattan and I know you need to take a cab or Uber to get to Battery Park.

To be there by 9:30 you need to be on the 8:45 ferry. With a reserved ticket you get priority boarding. Is your companion able to climb stairs? The tour is not ADA accessible.

New York Hard Hat Tour of Ellis Island

See the other side of Ellis Island and take a 90 minute guided tour of the unrestored Ellis Island Immigrant Hospital Complex RESERVE your ticket for the "Hard Hat Tour" Today!

• Ticket price (includes Ferry Ticket and Guilded Tour)
  • "Unframed - Ellis Island," Art Exhibit by renowned French artist JR on display throughout the hospital complex with installations on 16 interior walls.

Important information about the tour:

• All participants must be 13 years of age or older. Participants under the age 18 years old must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times during the tour.
  • These unrestored buildings do not comply with Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) requirements at this time. Participants must be able to climb stairs. We regret that visitors with wheelchairs or scooters are not permitted on the tour at this time.
  • Wear comfortable, closed-toe shoes. Sandals, flip-flops, open-toed shoes and high heels are not permitted.
  • See Complete Ticket details for more information

A portion of your purchase will go towards the restoration and maintenance of the historic Ellis Island Immigrant Hospital.

This Reserve Ticket offers a self-guided Audio Tour headset as your tour around Liberty Island. The Reserve Ticket provides access to the grounds of Liberty Island and limited access to Ellis Island Immigrations Museum. The Reserve Ticket allows you priority entry to the Boarding Queue which saves you time at the departure point.

Wow that tour looks amazing. Thanks for alerting me to it! I went last summer to the "nice" side of Ellis Island. The ferry isn't too long, but I am just now realizing we went from the New Jersey side. If you have a car and aren't totally committed to going from Battery Park, it was a really easy way to do it - nice large parking lot, you just walk up to the pier, super easy.