Is LCV Onboard Booking Discount made on your current level or when final payment made

Shazaam

I have tried searching for the answer to this with very mixed results.

We graduated to the Elite+/Discoverer+ level in March this year. Should I have received a 7% discount on my 2017 November cruise instead of the 5% rate applicable at the time of booking two years ago?

Your experience in having dealt with this would be greatly appreciated.

It is made on the level at the time of booking - well that is how it is with us. However if you buy an open passages, the discount is at the level when you use the open passages

It is made on the level at the time of booking - well that is how it is with us. However if you buy an open passages, the discount is at the level when you use the open passages

Close but, not quite. We booked our il fated Journey TA on the cruise that moved us up to the next level and we got the benefits of the new level discount as well as the 2 free nites all of which are now gone.

With Azamara's current inability to do seemingly get anything correct even after an apology, no telling what they will do the next time.

Close but, not quite. We booked our il fated Journey TA on the cruise that moved us up to the next level and we got the benefits of the new level discount as well as the 2 free nites all of which are now gone.

With Azamara's current inability to do seemingly get anything correct even after an apology, no telling what they will do the next time.

Yes they will allow the new increased LCV discount on future bookings if it occurs on the cruise (such as you described). The OP described that the increase in status occurred some time (on a cruise a year later?) after booking. The OP should have checked the booking when her status changed (while onboard) to possibly get the increased LCV.

In short...the LCV onboard booking discount is based on your current status when booking. The one exception is that they allow the increased LCV discount on booking a future cruise if the status change is occuring on the current cruise. Same with the free days. If you are earning LCV free nights on a cruise you can use them while on that cruise to book a future cruise.

The free days are not transferable to another cruise f you cancel, but in rally daves case on the TA, you should be able to transfer them to a new cruise.

Thank you all. I appreciate your responses.

I am only receiving 5% off a Journey cruise this coming March. However, having just had my 2018 TA on the Journey canceled by Azamara, I just rebooked it for 2019 and I did receive a 7% discount.

Interestingly, the shortened 2019 16 day TA (from the original 2018 17 day) and the extra 2% savings essentially means, I am still paying the same rate.