What to do with a baby

PumpkinPatches

If you want to go to a beach, hop on the bus....$2.50 pp...with a 10 mo. old, I wouldn't be spending much time on a GC beach...the sun is STRONG...and even umbrellas don't block the UV rays.

If you decide to go to the beach, head to Sea Grape/Public beach area...just tell the driver where to stop. That access area has food/drink, restrooms, rentals (both chair/umbrella and watersport) and when you're done, stand by the road, and the next bus will stop for you and take you back to the ship.

We took my granddaughter when she was 10 months. She was use to a pool. So we went to Margaritaville and had pool time with her there, and lunch. She is 7 now, and we still do this!

Walking distance from the ship. Shop along the way!

Edited by DALSAL
Forgot to add something.

• 3 months later...

I would do the stingray tour. You and dh will love it and it will be easy with her. The water at the stingray sight is only waist deep. You could easily hold her and enjoy the sting rays at the same time. It really is unforgettable. You'll have other ports to just go find a beach with her.

DH and I are taking our 10 month old baby girl on a cruise next year and would like to know what we can do with our baby? Is it just best to take a shuttle from the port to a local beach?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Leave baby with grandma- seriously.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Similar position. Travelling in March and ours will be 14 months. I am trying to find the best beach with shade/umbrellas/Cabanas and also amenities like a restaurant. I see Calico Jacks but a lot of these places looked cramped. I don't see what's stopping you from just going into one of the big name hotel/resorts? Do they ask for credentials to enter? Are they going to refuse your money once you pull out your credit card? Like other threads I've stumbled on, I'm guessing it depends on the day and we may just have to wing it. Like everywhere else I'm sure the umbrella and lounger kids work on tips and as do the pool people and servers. If they aren't packed I can't see us being refused (might be overly optimistic for early-mid March).

Edited by JayceeP

Similar position. Travelling in March and ours will be 14 months. I am trying to find the best beach with shade/umbrellas/Cabanas and also amenities like a restaurant. I see Calico Jacks but a lot of these places looked cramped. I don't see what's stopping you from just going into one of the big name hotel/resorts? Do they ask for credentials to enter? Are they going to refuse your money once you pull out your credit card? Like other threads I've stumbled on, I'm guessing it depends on the day and we may just have to wing it. Like everywhere else I'm sure the umbrella and lounger kids work on tips and as do the pool people and servers. If they aren't packed I can't see us being refused (might be overly optimistic for early-mid March).

Yes, the hotels will ask you to leave. We've seen it happen, even to people who had just finished dining at the hotel's beachside restaurant. "Loungers and the pools are for hotel stayover guests only." Yes, security used exactly those words. And no waitress or "lounger kid" is going to risk their job (and possibly their work permit) for your tip, no matter how good. (Well, some might take your money, but they would be the type that will be nowhere to be found when you claim permission to be there as security is asking you to leave.)

Some hotels will sometimes sell day passes during slow seasons. Sometimes. Spring Break is likely not one of those times, but you can try. Just prepare to be turned away, and have a Plan B.

You're better off going to one of the beach clubs, where you won't get turned away. Or, rent a car and head out to Rum Point, which has all the amenities but is a 45 min drive from port (thus the reason it's less crowded). Anything close to port is going to be full of cruisers...that's a fact of life for every port.

Yes, the hotels will ask you to leave. We've seen it happen, even to people who had just finished dining at the hotel's beachside restaurant. "Loungers and the pools are for hotel stayover guests only." Yes, security used exactly those words. And no waitress or "lounger kid" is going to risk their job (and possibly their work permit) for your tip, no matter how good. (Well, some might take your money, but they would be the type that will be nowhere to be found when you claim permission to be there as security is asking you to leave.)

Some hotels will sometimes sell day passes during slow seasons. Sometimes. Spring Break is likely not one of those times, but you can try. Just prepare to be turned away, and have a Plan B.

You're better off going to one of the beach clubs, where you won't get turned away. Or, rent a car and head out to Rum Point, which has all the amenities but is a 45 min drive from port (thus the reason it's less crowded). Anything close to port is going to be full of cruisers...that's a fact of life for every port.

Just so I'm not misinterpreting, could you name a few of the beach clubs you suggest looking at? Thank you.

Thank you. I submitted a reservation for a Beach Cabana at the Royal Palms. Figured this might be the best arrangement with a 14 month old. Your comments discourage me from winging it (unless just going to a more public area and buying stuff/supplies at a grocery/hardware store) so I figured the Royal Palms will be a safer bet with some guaranteed comforts. Also because there are going to be a few other ships in port on our day as well. Probably worth the $125 considering there are 6 of us and the rentals for chairs, umbrellas and admission add up to almost the same amount anyway. I expect we'll try and get off the ship as early as possible (8am arrival) so that way we aren't showing up mid-day when the sun is peaking.I

Thank you. I submitted a reservation for a Beach Cabana at the Royal Palms. Figured this might be the best arrangement with a 14 month old. Your comments discourage me from winging it (unless just going to a more public area and buying stuff/supplies at a grocery/hardware store) so I figured the Royal Palms will be a safer bet with some guaranteed comforts. Also because there are going to be a few other ships in port on our day as well. Probably worth the $125 considering there are 6 of us and the rentals for chairs, umbrellas and admission add up to almost the same amount anyway. I expect we'll try and get off the ship as early as possible (8am arrival) so that way we aren't showing up mid-day when the sun is peaking.I

Royal Palms is our favourite spot along SMB. Decent food, tasty drinks, restrooms/showers, rentals, etc all in one spot. There's free ice water in a cooler by the bar, and you can help yourself which is nice. We haven't rented a cabana before since there's only the two of us, and we're usually just stopping by for a quick swim and snack on the way to get groceries, but I've seen good reviews of them. Overall, it's a little pricier than DIYing it at Public Beach, but we find it's usually a little less crowded because of that. The only issue with a toddler at Royal Palms is that the pool is adults-only, but you can't see the pool easily from the beach or entryway, so your little one will likely not notice it and thus avoid end up getting frustrated at not being allowed in.

I would do the stingray tour. You and dh will love it and it will be easy with her. The water at the stingray sight is only waist deep. You could easily hold her and enjoy the sting rays at the same time. It really is unforgettable. You'll have other ports to just go find a beach with her.

I disagree with this. Maybe if you are tall it would work. I’m 5’3 and when the stingrays bumped into me swimming by I had trouble keeping my footing and used my hands in the water for balance.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums