Singapore - Videos of my country that I made

Iluvcruising2

Compilation video of some food that I've been having recently. Decided to put this together for the fun of it. Thank God for Singapore food!

vgFS4TPwIC0

We'll be back in Singapore in a few months can't wait to get into the the great food, the hor fun is one of my favourites, can you tell me if I can get good chilli crab at Lau Pa Sat.

We'll be back in Singapore in a few months can't wait to get into the the great food, the hor fun is one of my favourites, can you tell me if I can get good chilli crab at Lau Pa Sat.

I think there is a stall (or two) selling chilli crab at Lau Pa Sat, but I heard they are only average. So probably not the best place to get chilli crab. The rest of the stuff is fine.

I think there is a stall (or two) selling chilli crab at Lau Pa Sat, but I heard they are only average. So probably not the best place to get chilli crab. The rest of the stuff is fine.

Thanks for that, so do you recommend a specialty restaurant rather than food halls.

You don't have to name your favourite here if you want to keep it a secret lol.:)

Thanks for that, so do you recommend a specialty restaurant rather than food halls.

You don't have to name your favourite here if you want to keep it a secret lol.:)

I am not a big fan of chilli crab to start with, so I don't have a favourite.

However, there are several more well known local restaurants that serve decent chilli crab. One example is Jumbo Seafood - http://www.jumboseafood.com.sg/en/

Several more videos.

This is the Singapore Airlines office at the Orchard ION.

[YOUTUBE]eOOoaD-bx_Y[/YOUTUBE]

Mangoes for sale at 50 cents a piece at the Ghim Moh market.

[YOUTUBE]cGfro5s_nSs[/YOUTUBE]

A dinner at a teochew restaurant called Hung Kung, along North Canal Road.

[YOUTUBE]mHmlCMimITs[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 months later...

Haven't updated this thread for a while. Time for updates! More food updates. Some of you have may have read in the international media that Michelin has come to Singapore - Finally!

Here is the Michelin Guide declaring that Singapore is now home to the world's cheapest Michelin starred eats. Guide - https://guide.michelin.sg/

I must say I have not tried many of the Michelin or Bib Gourmand eateries, but here are two that I have tried.

Peony Jade @ Keppel Club is a Bib Gourmand 2016 winner. We had most delightful Dim Sum buffet.

[YOUTUBE]yJapXJFo180[/YOUTUBE]

Had dinner at the Ritz Carlton Singapore, where there is a Michelin One Star restaurant called Summer Pavilion. Here is the meal.

[YOUTUBE]-TUUSPO6mkE[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy.

Here are more food videos from Singapore. Here, I have You Tiao (fried dough sticks), Porridge, Hor Fun, Singapore Fried noodles.

[YOUTUBE]V0oYDyK0WWU[/YOUTUBE]

Here are some snippets from the preview of our National Day Parade. This year, Singapore celebrates her 51st birthday.

[YOUTUBE]P31WxgZ-v4s[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore is famous for inexpensive street food, or hawker food as we call it. In this video, I am in line for some fried carrot cake. Delicious! The serving you see cost me Singapore $3. Freshly fried, piping hot.

[YOUTUBE]84gkaX6Q9Co[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore celebrates her 51st birthday on 9 Aug 2016. Happy National Day! We have certainly come a long way.

30rv1nr.jpg

Check out this video I made from a high floor of a commercial office building in the new downtown of Singapore called Marina Bay Financial Centre. This is my first time up a tall building in the relatively new MBFC and it was gorgeous!

[YOUTUBE]jXgmna2JqvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Nationl Day morning and I headed to a local coffeeshop to get some breakfast. Local noodles. Delicious!

[YOUTUBE]h0duXFO8Cag[/YOUTUBE]

We will be in Singapore in November. The Celebrity Millennium arrives at 10AM. We are interested in taking a taxi to the Marina Bay Sands, looking around, going to the Gardens by the Bay and going on to the Singapore Flyer. What is the best route to take - hotel first, gardens first, etc. As you are a local, we would like your assistance in letting us know if we can do this itinerary by walking from one place to the next and then taking a cab back to the ship. What's your opinion? We will be in Singapore for an additional two days and plan to see other sights in the city during that time.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Janice

• 5 months later...

It has been many months since I last posted here. Today is the 3rd day of the Chinese New Year. This year is the Year of the Rooster! (According to the Chinese Zodiac). Ok, we're not superstitious and we believe in Christ as the one true saviour. But still, all the Chinese traditions are fun.

A very famous Chinese New Year song, called Gong Xi Gong Xi, written in a minor key because it was written to mark the end of World War 2.

[YOUTUBE]1alJebuvWw8[/YOUTUBE]

With the Rooster year, here is the English animated version.

[YOUTUBE]mU8eAvsjKRI[/YOUTUBE]

Of course, these Rooster videos can get very hiliarious, including this Oh McDonalds Had a Farm mish-mash.

[YOUTUBE]kfQYmZ6-0Ck[/YOUTUBE]

The most touching Chinese New Year video for 2017 had nothing to do with Roosters, but rather to do with multi-cultural and racial harmony. Not by Singapore, but by Malaysian Airlines. Amazing stuff - non Chinese speaking in near perfect mandarin and various Chinese dialects. Salute!

[YOUTUBE]XnGaPxrM0B8[/YOUTUBE]

During Chinese New Year, there are plenty of pineapple tarts. For instance, this is a store baking fresh tarts and selling them.

[YOUTUBE]rAT7qntpoTM[/YOUTUBE]

We tried our own hand at baking some tarts. We did the pineapple paste, while the in-laws made the tarts.

[YOUTUBE]yICfllXSQ0w[/YOUTUBE]

This was the result of our homemade goodness. Delicious! All eaten up by now, of course.

[YOUTUBE]ioTFWHyArzc[/YOUTUBE]

• 2 weeks later...

Along Orchard Road, outside Wisma Atria, this ice-cream man does a roaring trade from tourists.

[YOUTUBE]utDo7Cl0VzU[/YOUTUBE]

Having some pancakes from a hawker center store.

[YOUTUBE]SduYTrOtScU[/YOUTUBE]

At Suntec City Mall, this is something of a tourist attraction, called the water touch fountain! Free of charge to enter, however note the times.

[YOUTUBE]Tn5-THBd0d4[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore has many wonderful parks. Here is the Canopy Walk at Kent Ridge Park.

[YOUTUBE]VuNBiDM7NgA[/YOUTUBE]

Bukit CHermin Boardwalk at Labrador Park

[YOUTUBE]QOW4b_UQogI[/YOUTUBE]

The Berlayer Creek Boardwalk near the Labrador Park MRT station.

[YOUTUBE]hiv_FGKTDsI[/YOUTUBE]

• 1 month later...

Had some ice-cream with rainbow bread along Orchard Road, just outside Orchard ION. One serving for $1.20 Singapore dollars. Pretty nice!

[YOUTUBE]vbC3eHLFtvQ[/YOUTUBE]

Having a meal at Pasir Panjang Food Center. $21 Singapore for the 4 dishes and two plates of white rice.

[YOUTUBE]tfuGhoC-flQ[/YOUTUBE]

• 4 months later...

It has been many months since I posted on this thread. Time to revive it!

Every time I fly home into Changi, I always feel a good sense of calm. This is one of the best airports on the world. The luggage carousel even has plants.

[YOUTUBE]jG2ZIJf8eL8[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoying some hawker fare at Ghim Moh market. This is called 'You Tiao', deep fried dough sticks!

[YOUTUBE]lMkHdKWIlLA[/YOUTUBE]

Rock wall climbing also has a following in Singapore. But Singapore is so hot and humid! So we have indoor rock walls, right in the middle of an air-conditioned shopping mall.

[YOUTUBE]LAz-Olp2gtE[/YOUTUBE]

Having some wonderful steamed fish at a local hawker centre.

[YOUTUBE]8pEqBQYsPAw[/YOUTUBE]

Hello there. We are staying at Elizabeth Hotel for 2 nights post cruise. Could you tell me if this is a good location for sights/cruise terminal/airport?

It is a bit of a walk from Orchard MRT station and Orchard Road, but the location isn't too bad. Anyway, taxis in Singapore are not expensive, so you can use those. Alternatively just take a short walk to Orchard Road and plenty of shopping there.

Oh dear, why do TA's put you in hotels that are not in good locations - I'm guessing cost has a lot to do with it! I have already changed the hotel they arranged pre-cruise in Hong Kong and paid an extra £80 pp so don't really want to pay extra to change this Hotel.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! Thank you for all your information! Have had a quick glance through this thread, but will look more thoroughly in coming days.

We will be in Singapore for 2 nights in Feb 2018, before we board Mariner of the Seas. I have booked the 2 nights at the Village Hotel Albert Court, and also for 1 night after the cruise. Could you please tell me if it's a good place to stay? (I really hope so....I won't get my money back if I cancel....😂)

Sent from my SM-G920I using Forums mobile app

Hi! Thank you for all your information! Have had a quick glance through this thread, but will look more thoroughly in coming days.

We will be in Singapore for 2 nights in Feb 2018, before we board Mariner of the Seas. I have booked the 2 nights at the Village Hotel Albert Court, and also for 1 night after the cruise. Could you please tell me if it's a good place to stay? (I really hope so....I won't get my money back if I cancel....)

I'm not familiar with the hotel so I can't vouch or its quality, but seeing that it is run by Far East group (which is one of the large property developers in Singapore), it shouldn't be too bad.

In terms of location, it is a very interesting location. You are very near Little India - http://www.visitsingapore.com/see-do-singapore/places-to-see/little-india.html

In fact, the Little India MRT station is just a few hundred meters down the road. Little India MRT station has both the Downtown (DTL) and North East (NE) lines, so you would be able to get to many places using the MRT. Alternatively, take a public taxi, or use Uber or Grab. Singapore is easy to get around and your location, while not exactly at the usual tourist spot, is pretty good. Download local maps on your smart phone and take a walk around the place!

I'm not familiar with the hotel so I can't vouch or its quality, but seeing that it is run by Far East group (which is one of the large property developers in Singapore), it shouldn't be too bad.

In terms of location, it is a very interesting location. You are very near Little India - http://www.visitsingapore.com/see-do-singapore/places-to-see/little-india.html

In fact, the Little India MRT station is just a few hundred meters down the road. Little India MRT station has both the Downtown (DTL) and North East (NE) lines, so you would be able to get to many places using the MRT. Alternatively, take a public taxi, or use Uber or Grab. Singapore is easy to get around and your location, while not exactly at the usual tourist spot, is pretty good. Download local maps on your smart phone and take a walk around the place!

Thank you so much. I really hope we're not disappointed. Apart from cruising, we're not experienced travellers at all, so I don't really know what I'm doing when I book things....I'm just having fun doing it!😂😂

May I please ask a few further questions?

What would you suggest is the best and cheapest way to get from Changi to the hotel? And then from the hotel to the cruise terminal?

Is the MRT the best way to see the city? Or would you suggest the hop on hop off tours?

If we're not staying in the usual tourist spot, what is the best way to get to the usual tourist spots?

Thank you!👍

• 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much. I really hope we're not disappointed. Apart from cruising, we're not experienced travellers at all, so I don't really know what I'm doing when I book things....I'm just having fun doing it!😂😂

May I please ask a few further questions?

What would you suggest is the best and cheapest way to get from Changi to the hotel? And then from the hotel to the cruise terminal?

Is the MRT the best way to see the city? Or would you suggest the hop on hop off tours?

If we're not staying in the usual tourist spot, what is the best way to get to the usual tourist spots?

Thank you!👍

Here is our Tourism website which has tons of good information - http://www.visitsingapore.com/en.html

A good number of tourist spots you can get to by MRT. Otherwise, just take a taxi, or use Uber or Grab. Singapore is not a big place, though try to avoid the peak evening hours if you can.

To get to Chinatown, just take the MRT to ChinaTown MRT station. Here is a video I made recently, walking through the Chinatown Food Street. I was behaving like a tourist in my home country.

[YOUTUBE]ENvSZzR9YAc [/YOUTUBE]

The Singapore Tourism Board just launched a new tourism tagline for Singapore, with a whole host of attractive marketing videos. Sharing them here for our foreign friend!

Singapore - Where Passion is Made Possible

[YOUTUBE]BJE3HIkQ4zU[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore for Foodies

[YOUTUBE]EClVy6sMBhY[/YOUTUBE]

Singapore for Explorers.

[YOUTUBE]bJClaApzj88[/YOUTUBE]

Enjoy!