All things Spectrum of the Seas.....

"Today marks the official start of construction by cutting the first piece of steel for our new Quantum Ultra Ship. The groundbreaking, high-tech Quantum Ultra Ship will be in a new class of her own. It will be the next engineering marvel in our innovative lineup and will officially be named Spectrum Of The Seas. [emoji924][emoji322]"

What will she have and where will she sail?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wonder why Royal keeps sending the new Quantum class ships to Asia! :mad:

I love the Quantum and Anthem especially ifly!

Why can't we have one in UK/Europe again?

hi

I have sailed Anthem and loved it, I remember though when she sailed out of Southampton there were lots and lots of moaning people saying they missed Indy and wanted her back.

Is the Quantum Ultra class a new class of ship? Maybe a step up from where Freedom class took over from Voyager class?

Supposedly designed for Asia, but no other details from the cruise line.

We have also sailed on Anthem, she was a refreshing change from the norm.

It does look like Spectrum will be the first 'QUANTUM ULTRA' class:

Royal Caribbean International marked the official start of construction by cutting the first piece of steel for its new Quantum Ultra ship.

Spectrum will be the next evolution of the cruise line’s groundbreaking and high-tech Quantum class of ships placing the ship in a new class of her own. The revolutionary Quantum Ultra ship will specifically be designed for guests in China and the Asia-Pacific region, and will feature cutting-edge and unprecedented experiences and amenities.

I think that they still should have kept Indy in the UK with Anthem. While Navigator is a great ship that I wish to sail one day, it doesn't work if it is essentially the same as Indy, but smaller.

I don't want to cruise the Anthem again, but I may be tempted by the Quantum Ultra ships, if they improve on them and have one locally.

it's believed the restaurant lay-out will be completely different on these "plus" ships. And I also wonder how soon the US will get another Quantum-class ship. Will be sailing on the Anthem for a third time in January and wouldn't mind something different after this one. May have to what awhile.

My granddaughter, who is autistic along with many other issues, gets to cruise in January. We have never had her outside the US.

I really hope your granddaughter and your family have a brilliant cruise next January. My son & brother whom both have autism love cruising. Royal has been wonderful with them both on past cruises.Enjoy your cruise

• 3 months later...