Cabin D727 on Island Orincess

lrockwitt

Anyone stayed in this cabin? Thoughts? I know the Island Princess is going into dry dock and adding more cabins, but does anyone know how this cabin will be since it is at the very back of the ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

We were in this cabin's twin D728 for 21 nights through the Panama Canal in April 2017 & loved it. Great location at the end of the hall. The obstructed view isn't very " obstructed" & the room seemed a wee bit roomier than others. The view when standing at the window allows you to see a bit to the side & a bit to the aft. There is a deck outside the window, but access is for crew only via a ladder from the aft viewing platform on deck below. We only saw crew out there a couple of times when windows were being sprayed. noise wasn't a problem. Very minor vibration when docking/undocking. I nice quiet hum from the engines...very sleep inducing, lol. I have some photos of the cabin if you're interested.

• 2 weeks later...

We were on the Island Princess on a Panama canal cruise in F705 (fiesta deck, three decks below Dolphin) in the rebuilt area where the promenade used to be. I'm not one to complain, but it was the worst cabin ever for noise and bumpy ride. The whistling noise and thumping of the engines never stopped unless we were in port or the captain slowed the speed down. I usually like the rumbling and rocking of the ship, but this time was too much for me. I don't have any complaints about the ship except the cabin in the rebuilt area. Perhaps with the Dolphin deck being 3 decks higher you won't experience the same.

• 1 month later...

I would love to see any more photos that you have of the cabin. My wife and I are considering this room for the April 9, 2018 Panama Canal Pacific Adventure 19 day cruise... Thanks in advance, Tom

... I have some photos of the cabin if you're interested.

I would love to see any more photos that you have of the cabin. My wife and I are considering this room for the April 9, 2018 Panama Canal Pacific Adventure 19 day cruise... Thanks in advance, Tom

Here are more that I have.

Hallway at back of ship, looking down the other hallway, Puntarenas, Costa Rica out window, & looking up crew ladder from Emerald deck

IMG_3749.JPG.983c9201805322828c95dc660001d2f4.JPG

IMG_3751.JPG.d8a3ee1a10e8f32027c7f5288c68c3d6.JPG

IMG_3759.JPG.0d11e3d9974c950144eed400cac38d12.JPG

IMG_3887.JPG.dab3eba68372e1fdae73c8f752f7de45.JPG