Freeport, Grand Bahamas

pinkie60

• 3 weeks later...

I am on the Pride leaving this Sunday and we have a scheduled stop next week in Freeport. I have cruised a half dozen times all throughout the Caribbean and Bahamas and Freeport has always been my least favorite port. This will be our 3rd visit. We are only there from 7am to 1pm. Can anyone give me any ideas on what to do that might change my mind and make my visit more enjoyable? In 2015 we did a dolphin excursion which was nice, but no need to do again. Thanks in advance!

I will be on Pride in 3 weeks and we're also stopping in Freeport. We're planning on snorkeling at Paradise Cove. Carnival offers this excursion but we chose to book it directly to save $$.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who did you book through? Still deciding if we should book anything in Freeport or spend most of our $ on grand Turk.

Who did you book through? Still deciding if we should book anything in Freeport or spend most of our $ on grand Turk.

Booked directly with Paradise Cove.

Deadmansreef (dot com)

We really wanted to rent a Jeep and visit Gold Rock Beach but I checked the tide tables for September 1st and it will be high tide at around 11am if I remember correctly. With such a short time in Freeport there would be no way we could visit at low tide. Gold Rock Beach is best at low tide so we decided to scrap that plan and book Paradise Cove instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm on the Pride in October and Carnival just added a couple new excursions for Freeport. I booked the Jet Ski Adventure with All-Inclusive Beach. According to the description, it's a 20-mile jet ski ride followed by some time on a 'private' beach with drinks and food. The cost was a little high ($229), but it's per jet ski and two of us are going to share.

I'm on the Pride in October and Carnival just added a couple new excursions for Freeport. I booked the Jet Ski Adventure with All-Inclusive Beach. According to the description, it's a 20-mile jet ski ride followed by some time on a 'private' beach with drinks and food. The cost was a little high ($229), but it's per jet ski and two of us are going to share.

I hope the jet ski adventure is good for you. I've heard a lot of bad reviews.

I hope the jet ski adventure is good for you. I've heard a lot of bad reviews.

Would you mind sharing any of the places you read/heard reviews? As far as I can tell, this is a "new" excursion for Carnival (or at least re-branded/renamed), so it has no reviews on the Carnival site.

Thanks!