Breakaway pier/street

bones774

Pier 88. 12th Ave. and 48th St. But if you're driving to the port, or if you're taking a taxi, car service or Uber, the motor vehicle entrance is at 12th Ave. and 55th St.

We're local(boros), i have my brother drop me off going N/B on 12 at 48 and walk across st.

Thanks

PS- anyone doing same thing remember Dominican parade(usually no problem) and Trumpy is in town so stay away from 5th and the gilded tower.

We're local(boros), i have my brother drop me off going N/B on 12 at 48 and walk across st.

Thanks

PS- anyone doing same thing remember Dominican parade(usually no problem) and Trumpy is in town so stay away from 5th and the gilded tower.

I would use google or Waze especially if coming from Brooklyn or Queens. Trust what it tells you to do. If traffic is a mess on the Eastside, for Queens it might say take the CrossBronx and then GWB and come down 12 Ave. Just do what it says and don't question. lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Here is some info on the Dominican Parade:

DOMINICAN DAY PARADE

Sunday, August 13, 2017, set up starting at 08:00 AM and step off at 12:00 PM

The parade begins at 37th Street to 52nd Street on the Avenue of the Americas.

Besides avoiding the parade area there will be increased traffic due to participants and viewers.

Here is some info on the Dominican Parade:

DOMINICAN DAY PARADE

Sunday, August 13, 2017, set up starting at 08:00 AM and step off at 12:00 PM

The parade begins at 37th Street to 52nd Street on the Avenue of the Americas.

Besides avoiding the parade area there will be increased traffic due to participants and viewers.

Been thru there before during that parade, it's not one of the larger NYC parades.

Plus I hope to be long gone thru there by 11 and my brother heading back to Queens.

Edited by bones774

Alternate routing from Queens - lately has been, Waze is one of your best friend/co-pilot for navigating those wheels ...

a) over the RFK Bridge, right 2 lanes over the span for Manhattan -

exit onto local street, go west on 126th Street (one-way) thru Harlem (less traffic than 125th Street, on a Sunday morning) & pickup the West Side Hwy, direct to MCT for dropoff - can go up the ramp to level 2.

b) or, once off the RFK onto Manhattan, keep to right 2 lanes for Harlem River Drive to the GW Bridge's Lower Level, keep right once on top of the hill before the "apartments" for the Lower Level at the split, then, move to the right lane (plenty of time to merge) and exit south (as you exit that Cross Bronx underneath for West Side) - keep left for the Henry Hudson Pkwy South ... watch for merging & exiting traffic. As above, direct to the MCT.

Done both routes often and recently, depending on traffic, cutting across town isn't necessary any slower - had gotten there from N.E. Queens (well past LGA & actually close to the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge) in 30 minutes.

Radar/laser alert - speed enforcement by N.Y. State Police, marked cruisers has been patrolling and issuing tickets at all the bridge crossings - often, hidden ... watch your speed & observe posted speed limit.

• 2 weeks later...
Alternate routing from Queens - lately has been, Waze is one of your best friend/co-pilot for navigating those wheels ...

a) over the RFK Bridge, right 2 lanes over the span for Manhattan -

exit onto local street, go west on 126th Street (one-way) thru Harlem (less traffic than 125th Street, on a Sunday morning) & pickup the West Side Hwy, direct to MCT for dropoff - can go up the ramp to level 2.

b) or, once off the RFK onto Manhattan, keep to right 2 lanes for Harlem River Drive to the GW Bridge's Lower Level, keep right once on top of the hill before the "apartments" for the Lower Level at the split, then, move to the right lane (plenty of time to merge) and exit south (as you exit that Cross Bronx underneath for West Side) - keep left for the Henry Hudson Pkwy South ... watch for merging & exiting traffic. As above, direct to the MCT.

Done both routes often and recently, depending on traffic, cutting across town isn't necessary any slower - had gotten there from N.E. Queens (well past LGA & actually close to the Bronx-Whitestone Bridge) in 30 minutes.

Radar/laser alert - speed enforcement by N.Y. State Police, marked cruisers has been patrolling and issuing tickets at all the bridge crossings - often, hidden ... watch your speed & observe posted speed limit.

Wow, i'm familiar with all those routes you describe and i can see the benefits, it sure does seem roundabout though.

I'm not a big user of waze but if i get a bunch of feedback like this that it works i guess i'll be convinced. thanks