MTD and Prepayment of Gratuities

I have seen quite a few threads based on the automatic gratuities; however, I have not been able to find the answer to my question!

Due to linking reservations, I booked our cruise over the phone with a representative. I requested MTD. There was no advisement that the MTD required pre-paid gratuities, I paid the cruise in full and that was it. It wasn't until I was browsing these boards that I became aware that MTD required this. The agent over the phone never told me and I cannot see anything on my invoice that would reflect the payment.

I'm concerned I might lose MTD for failure to prepay or get charged gratuities again on-board since I don't have proof of the pre-payment. Can anyone advise on this topic?

... I'm concerned I might lose MTD for failure to prepay or get charged gratuities again on-board since I don't have proof of the pre-payment. Can anyone advise on this topic?

I also think you will be fine, but I would also bring a copy of my invoice showing paid gratuities, just in case.

I also think you will be fine, but I would also bring a copy of my invoice showing paid gratuities, just in case.

I think this is my problem.. I don't have proof that the pre-paid gratuities were included on my invoice. I just have the basic taxes, fees, and port expenses. I don't know if I had to pay them and didn't (thus possibly losing MTD for failure to pay).. or paid them unknowingly, and not having proof.

Relax. The requirement to prepay tips for Mytime was dropped. It will be added to your daily account.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you, but I cannot find anywhere that states that pre-payment for tips for MTD was dropped. There is a disclaimer still on the RCI website regarding it. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating

I think this is my problem.. I don't have proof that the pre-paid gratuities were included on my invoice. I just have the basic taxes, fees, and port expenses. I don't know if I had to pay them and didn't (thus possibly losing MTD for failure to pay).. or paid them unknowingly, and not having proof.

Ask the travel agent to send you Royal's Guest Copy of your booking confirmation.

Thank you, but I cannot find anywhere that states that pre-payment for tips for MTD was dropped. There is a disclaimer still on the RCI website regarding it. http://www.royalcaribbean.com/contentWithHero.do?pagename=open_seating

They definitely did drop that requirement awhile ago. Unfortunately Royal is not great at updating their own website when things like this happen. FWIW, I am a travel agent so I am sure they dropped it. You will be charged daily onboard unless you decide to have your travel agent add them before you go. We always like to prepay so I add mine on as soon as I book.

We always do MTD. If I don't have any OBC, I pre-pay my tips so I don't have to worry about it. If I have OBC, I don't pre-pay my tips and let them auto-add them every day to my onboard account.

So no, you do not have to pre-pay to have MTD, they stopped that quite a while ago.

Would you pay for this.

I ordered lobster in the MTD but the server did not ask me for my room card.

When I finish my dinner I look around and did not see any staff when I left.

I thought this would be a free lobster dinner as they did not have my card and I did not sign for any thing.

Later on I found they have charged it to my room.

It seems they swipe my card and then recorded my table number.

That is all they could go by and technically I do not have to pay.

But I thought why argue about it. The lobster was good and service was O.K.

What would you do.

Would you pay for this.

I thought this would be a free lobster dinner as they did not have my card and I did not sign for any thing.

What would you do.

It is on the Menu as an additional charge so why shouldn't you pay it!

I don't think they were included, as they are not required. You will be charged daily onboard.

Would you pay for this.

What would you do.

I would pay for it without a complaint.

I have a cruise booked with RCI for June 2018 and for the first time have MTD. There is no requirement to prepay gratuities anymore - I will have them added to my daily account when I cruise and pay then

Same here, but next week.

Funny that the My Cruises page says that MTD requires prepaid gratuities, but does not actually require it.