MasterChef Cruise Returns to Holland America and Other Cruise News

LauraS

Another dumb idea. I don't cruise to see amateur cooks.

It's only one week - were you booked on the Nieuw Amsterdam for that sailing? I think it would appeal to those who really enjoy the television program. I'm not such a great cook, so the show and the specific sailing aren't on my radar.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

• 2 weeks later...
I think its good HAL tries different things to determine what people like. Its only a seven day cruise, if you don't like it, don't go. I find it new and interesting.

No, I am not on that cruise. I just object to these amateur cooks getting a paid for cruise. I would not give any of them the time of day, even though I watch the TV show. I just watch the show to see the bickering and I really dislike the swelled heads of the kids.

I know nothing about the show but I don't watch much TV. My point is good for HAL for trying different things like Dance with the Stars, Master Chef, whatever as it will appeal to some. If it does not appeal to me I won't participate.

No, I am not on that cruise. I just object to these amateur cooks getting a paid for cruise. I would not give any of them the time of day, even though I watch the TV show. I just watch the show to see the bickering and I really dislike the swelled heads of the kids.

If you think you can cook better than those "amateur cooks" then put your money where your mouth is and audition. There is a Canadian version in addition to the the American one. The people that make it to the show and especially to the end have a lot of talent and I greatly respect that. I was tempted to sign up for this cruise and still might closer to the travel dates. As for the kids, they are absolutely amazing... I know very few adults that can cook as well as they do. I am very impressed with their level of knowledge, skill and food palettes.

Check out the latest Holland America news from Cruise Critic:

MasterChef Cruise Returns to Holland America and Other Cruise News

Thanks for the link LauraS.

I love cooking, but for me I want vacation time! I believe this is a good idea for so many people that enjoy this concept, and good for HAL doing something different.

Denise

... good for HAL for trying different things like Dance with the Stars, Master Chef, whatever as it will appeal to some. If it does not appeal to me I won't participate.

If you think you can cook better than those "amateur cooks" then put your money where your mouth is and audition ... I know very few adults that can cook as well as they do. I am very impressed with their level of knowledge, skill and food palettes.

I agree with these posts - if HAL offers something that you don't like or feel is beneath your level of expertise or sophistication, then just spare yourself the agony and don't go. Seems simple enough to me. JMO