Neptune Suite Breakfast in Pinnacle Grill?

hotzej

Hello All,

We were on the Amsterdam 2015 World Cruise and were told that Neptune Suite guests did not have the use of the Neptune Grill for breakfast. They did section off an area of the dining room for them, but, hardly the same thing. Can anyone shed some light on this for us please. Thank you.

From everything I've read on this board, Neptune Suite/Penthouse passengers on the R-class ships don't have breakfast in the Pinnacle because there's no windows to a view.

They all have a reserved section of the dining room instead.

On board the Volendam we have had breakfast in the Kings Room, and the Pinnacle Grill.

The concierge told me that it is the decision of the Hotel Manager where the Neptune Guests breakfast.

Our last two cruises on the Volendam the Pinnacle Grill, was well patronised at breakfast time.

When I was on the Amsterdam it was the same. Pinnacle and Neptune suite passengers had breakfast on Deck 5 starboard, and other passengers on Deck 4.

The Pinnacle Grill stewards served breakfast on Deck 5 and there were no mixed tables. Given the lack of windows in the Amsterdam's Pinnacle Grill, I thought the location preferable.

For a couple of our cruises years ago, PS and Neptune Suites got to have breakfast in the King's Room.

But when we got on the ship in 2012, the King's Room was turned into a storage room.

So for 2012 and 2013 we had breakfast on the upper level of the dining room -- starboard side.

Thank you for the great info. We are on the Oosterdam in October in a Neptune Suite. We really like the breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. One of the best amenities when we do book a Neptune Suite.

If the dedicated breakfast space for Neptune Suite guests is ever really downgraded on the Vista and Signature class (and when I have reached 4 star) no more Neptune Suites for us. We will take the Signature suite with the complimentary laundry and enjoy the slightly smaller stateroom. I so enjoy the Pinnacle Grill breakfast, even though it is the same food. Ironically it is not because the Pinnacle Grill servers come to know what I want to order. I have the same thing every morning. It still comes out in various iterations. :)

Dennis

A year ago we got Neptune suites breakfast in the interior Volendam Pinnacle Grill. We loved it, and also loved best the Neptune suites Pinnacle Grill breakfasts on the Prinsendam, which does have a windows to start with.

We then accepted a fairly pricey upgrade to a Neptune Suite on our last Zaandam cruise, just so we could get those Pinnacle dining room breakfasts. What a disappointment for us when they diverted us up to the Upper Dining Room our first morning, to almost the same small table where we have dinner.

We loved the expansiveness and quiet dignity of the Pinnacle dining room tables for breakfast - made it feel very special. A worthy perk we thought for the (upgrade) Neptune suite price.

Eating in the main dining room as a substitute just did not do it for us. So we used this Neptune perk infrequently. Even though they did offer us a table for four for just two people - not quite the same. Plus they piped in bird calls.

Don't think the Upper Dining Room "windows" were worth the change, though if you get a table by the window it is nice to watch the water go by. So be sure you let the Pinnacle manager to know what table you like if having these windows are important. Otherwise you might as well be downstairs for breakfast or on your Neptune suite balcony for breakfast to get the real feeling of the outdoors. Absent the canned bird calls.

However, we were told other Neptune passengers did not like the interior Pinnacle space so that is why they changed. Perhaps that is why we enjoyed such "quietness" in the past - no one wanted to use this perk then. We miss them and agree, this is now material to our choice of cabin level in the future.

Edited by OlsSalt

If the dedicated breakfast space for Neptune Suite guests is ever really downgraded on the Vista and Signature class (and when I have reached 4 star) no more Neptune Suites for us. We will take the Signature suite with the complimentary laundry and enjoy the slightly smaller stateroom. I so enjoy the Pinnacle Grill breakfast, even though it is the same food. Ironically it is not because the Pinnacle Grill servers come to know what I want to order. I have the same thing every morning. It still comes out in various iterations. :)

Dennis

I enjoy the benefit of breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill opposed to the Lido, but really the service is much better in the dining room. We never received the correct order in the right order in the many times we have dined in the Grill, breakfast or dinner. I would think the staff in the PG would be the tops. My spouse just orders excess in order to get most of what he may want.

Dennis

Dining in the MDR instead of the PG is not a downgrade but a necessity on the smaller ships because the PG lacks windows. I don't think you need to worry about breakfast being "downgraded" on the larger ships (Vista, Sigature & Pinnacle) or even the smallest ship (Prinsendam). No matter where the suite breakfast is served, the service is by the Pinnacle Grill servers so you still have the consistency in service ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I was just curious if the Pinnacle breakfast is available everyday of the cruise or only offered on sea days. Also, does anyone have a link to the recent menu?

It's every day. The hours mirror the breakfast hours for the Main Dining Room, and the menu is also the same as the MDR.

When you check your daily program, look for breakfast hours in the MDR to know when the Pinnacle will open. In our experience it opens ON THE DOT of the prescribed time.

I was just curious if the Pinnacle breakfast is available everyday of the cruise or only offered on sea days. Also, does anyone have a link to the recent menu?

Sea days: 8 - 9:30

Port Days: 7:30 - 9

Those hours are for most ships. Check the times by looking at the main dining room breakfast hours in the daily "On Location" program.

Dining Room Breakfast Menu (Also in the Pinnacle for PS and Neptune Suite Passengers)

Something Simple:

Cold Cereals: Cornflakes - Cheerios - Special K - Raisin Bran - Shredded Wheat - Rice Krispies - Frosted Flakes - Fruit loops - Granola - All Bran - Bran Flakes -- served with your choice of milk -- add sliced banana on request.

Breakfast Parfait - layers of creamy Greek yogurt, fresh berries and granola

Hot Cereals: Old-Fashioned Oatmeal - Steel Cut Irish Oatmeal - Cream of Wheat - Creamy Grits -- served with sliced banana, raisins, brown sugar, maple syrup, milk, or half & half on request

Egg and Cheese Breakfast Sandwich - scrambles egg and Cheddar cheese served on a toasted English muffin. Add sausage patty, hickory smoked bacon or ham slice on request.

Bagel and Lox - a freshly toasted bagel served with slices of cold smoked salmon, cream cheese, sliced onion and capers.

Greenhouse Spa Selections:

Cottage Cheese and Fresh Fruit - a small bowl of creamy cottage cheese lightly dusted with cinnamon, served with your choice of sliced banana, strawberries, blueberries or diced melon.

Swiss-Style Muesli - a mixture of low fat yogurt, fresh fruit, milk, toasted hazel-nuts, oatmeal and honey.

Frittata Italiana - healthy without sacrificing flavor, egg whites combined with low-fat cream cheese, sun-dried tomatoes and fresh basil, then lightly baked and served with whole grain toast.

International Classics:

All American Breakfast - two jumbo eggs, cooked to order, served with hash browns, hickory smoked bacon or sausage and toast.

Eggs Benedict - toasted English muffins, layered with Canadian bacon, two poached eggs and hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Royal - toasted English muffins, smoked salmon and two poached eggs with creamy hollandaise sauce.

Eggs Florentine - toasted English muffins, topped with sauteed spinach and two poached eggs draped with hollandaise sauce.

Corned Beef Hash and Eggs - home-made corned beef hash topped with two eggs cooked to order and served with a side of toast.

Kippered Herring - served with two scrambled eggs and smothered onions.

Dutch Breakfast - the Uitmijter, a classic open-faced sandwich with thick white bread, sliced ham, Gouda, and two eggs sunny side up.

Japanese Breakfast - hot miso soup, steamed white rice, tamagoyaki and boiled salmon served with a cup of hot green tea.

The Full English Breakfast - two jumbo eggs scrambled, English banger sausage, English back bacon, baked beans, hash browns and a grilled half tomato.

Scandinavian Breakfast - smoked salmon and pickled herring, served with hard-boiled egg and slices of dark rye bread.

Three Egg Omelets:

All omelets are served with hash browns and toast. Egg whites or egg substitute available on request.

Denver Omelet - green bell pepper, onion, ham and a mixture of Cheddar, Monterey Jack and Swiss cheese.

Garden Vegetable Omelet - tender asparagus, sauteed spinach, diced tomato and sliced button mushrooms with creamy goat cheese.

Southwest Omelet - diced sweet roasted bell peppers, tomato, green onion, and Monterey Jack cheese, topped with avocado, sour cream and fresh salsa.

My Choice Omelet - build your own omelet with any of the following: ham, bacon, sausage, smoked salmon, mushrooms, bell pepper, onion, asparagus, Cheddar, Jack, Swiss, goat or Gruyere cheese.

Hot Off the Griddle:

Belgium Waffle - thick, crisp Belgium waffle topped with your choice of warm strawberries, apple-cinnamon or plum compote.

Cinnamon-Sugar French Toast - thick slices of egg bread French toast, dusted with cinnamon-sugar. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.

Stack of Pancakes - three fluffy pancakes stacked high. your choice of buttermilk, banana or blueberry. Served with whipped butter and hot maple syrup.

From the Bakery: toast - English Muffin - Bagel - Roll

Baked Fresh Daily: Butter Croissant - Chocolate Croissant - Raisin Bun - Cheese Danish - Fruit Danish - Danish of the Day - Blueberry Muffin - Muffin of the Day - Coffee Cake. Served with butter, margarine, jam, jelly honey, Nutella or cream cheese on request. Fresh baked sugar-free pastries upon request.

On the Side:

Hickory Smoked Bacon - English Bangers - Pork Sausage Links or Patty - Carved Honey Glazed Ham - Corned Beef Hash - Turkey Bacon - Turkey Sausage links - Morningstar Farms Vegi Links - Hash Browns.

Fruits and Yogurts: Fresh Fruit Plate - Half Grapefruit - Sliced Banana - Stewed Prunes, Apricots or Kadota Figs - Assorted Yogurts

Beverages: Coffee - Tea - Decaffeinated Coffee and Tea - Whole, Low Fat and Skim Milk - Chocolate Milk - Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice - Apple Juice - Cranberry Juice - Grapefruit juice - Grape Juice - Pineapple Juice - Prune Juice - Tomato Juice - V-8

I became a fan of the Italian frittata - eggwhites only, but very nicely seasoned, and ask for extra cheese.

Tried the other international breakfast offerings, but found for me none were worth a second try.

Edited by OlsSalt

I became a fan of the Italian frittata - eggwhites only, but very nicely seasoned, and ask for extra cheese.

Tried the other international breakfast offerings, but found for me none were worth a second try.

That's my favourite breakfast too, they make an excellent frittata - and a fruit plate with cottage cheese.

Here is the PG menu from May 2015:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/Pinnacle-Grill-Braeakfast.pdf

If you would like to compare the PG menu to the Lido Restaurant Breakfast menu:

http://www.rogerjett-photography.com/here/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Lido-Breakfast-Menu.pdf

Note that the Belgian waffles toppings are different in the PG from the Lido.

Edited by Crew News

I loved breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill on our recent Zuiderdam cruise. The menu might be the same as the MDR but the food presentation, service and peace and calm of the Pinnacle are a million miles away from the noise and hustle of the MDR.