Eurodam Change from 11 days to 8 days

RetiredNow

Hello, all,

Does anyone know why the Nov 29,2015 Eurodam cruise in the Southern Caribbean was changed from original 11 days to 8 days? We are on it, and very curious. We had already purchased our own airfare. Looks like we will be spending extra time (and money) in the Florida Keys.

Hello, all,

Does anyone know why the Nov 29,2015 Eurodam cruise in the Southern Caribbean was changed from original 11 days to 8 days? We are on it, and very curious. We had already purchased our own airfare. Looks like we will be spending extra time (and money) in the Florida Keys.

We were on the same cruise and received an email from HAL that drydock was going to start early. Given several choices to rebook, we chose the Oosterdam leaving Nov 20 and received a bunch of OBC for switching. Counting the Explore4 and switching OBC from HAL, we have $1700 OBC and will add another $250 for our CCL stock next month.

If they don't offer you substantial future cruise credit as well, after your trip write a letter to Guest Relations expressing your disappointment, etc. We had some issues last time around and the letter paid big dividends. If they do the right thing upfront or while on your cruise, all the better.

Edited by blizzardboy

CrewNews,

I just checked, somewhat in a panic, because we, too, changed to the Osterdam. We are sailing on November 16, and that is what HAL shows now. Did I miss something? Or have you confused your dates? Thanks.

CrewNews,

I just checked, somewhat in a panic, because we, too, changed to the Osterdam. We are sailing on November 16, and that is what HAL shows now. Did I miss something? Or have you confused your dates? Thanks.

He was thinking about another cruise we'd been looking at on Zuiderdam, before settling on Oosterdam instead:)

I just double checked our docs and they state 16 November.

Joanie

It's scheduled for a dry-dock Dec 10 to 19 ... maybe they decided to make that longer by starting a couple of days earlier. What ports were cut out?

Sadly, two ports that aren't usually visited: St. Vincent and St. Felix, for starters. I can't remember the other changes but St. Thomas was thrown in later (yawn). A very unsatisfactory itinerary compared to the original. Not just shortened but completely changed around.

Hello, all,

We were on the same cruise and received an email from HAL that drydock was going to start early. Given several choices to rebook, we chose the Oosterdam leaving Nov 20 and received a bunch of OBC for switching. Counting the Explore4 and switching OBC from HAL, we have $1700 OBC and will add another $250 for our CCL stock next month.

Can anyone tell me what the new itinerary is now.. We are on the Nov. 15 departure & scheduled to disembark on Nov. 29,.. May want to extend for 8 more days if there is space avail.. The itinerary was not avail on the HAL WEB site as of last night, but might open up later if enough Psgrs. decide to move to the Oosterdam...

Thanks..

Can anyone tell me what the new itinerary is now.. We are on the Nov. 15 departure & scheduled to disembark on Nov. 29,.. May want to extend for 8 more days if there is space avail.. The itinerary was not avail on the HAL WEB site as of last night, but might open up later if enough Psgrs. decide to move to the Oosterdam...

Thanks..

It's on the website now. Ports of call:

Amber Cove

St. Thomas

St. Kitts

San Juan

HMC

Thanks so much...I was just on the WEB site again & only the Osterdam shows up...Have no idea what I'm doing wrong..

Thanks again

I don't know if this will work for you as I'm on the Canadian site, but give it a try:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=C5E08F&fromSearchVacation=true&destList=CE,CW&dateCode=11_2015&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=ED&voyageCode=D573

hi,

I'm puzzled, I booked this cruise on the 5th july with the 'new' itinerary? is the website different for us in the UK?

Yes. I'm not certain how many different websites HAL runs, but each provides local pricing. So the Canadian site provides prices in Canadian dollars, the UK site in pounds, etc. There will also be differences for such things as cancellation policy.

Here is the same page from the UK site for the information I posted earlier for the Canadian site:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=C5E08F&fromSearchVacation=true&destList=CE&dateCode=11_2015&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=&voyageCode=D573

Sadly, two ports that aren't usually visited: St. Vincent and St. Felix, for starters. I can't remember the other changes but St. Thomas was thrown in later (yawn).
I've never been to St Felix! :D Did you mean St Croix?

This poped up on HAL site mid July - we live in FL. I hadn't seen the 15 day itin prior then all the sudden it was there - I wondered where it had come from and grabbed it as we wanted another B2B on HAL this year like we had done last year on Eurodam. Plus, some new ports we haven't been to before.

I wish St Felix was still on the itin as I'd like to see where that is?

It was on another of the T.A. sites on evening last week as an 18 day itin departing 22 NOV (when we sail on our 15 day) I tried to find it on HAL and couldn't though. As I'd have extended the 3 days.

Found it thanks again..

Aren't you the gal that I was comparing how many pair's of shoe's we MUST have on a cruise :rolleyes:

Must be the Eurodam is going into drydock either earlier for a longer period when we get off on the 7th of Dec.

:)

I wish St Felix was still on the itin as I'd like to see where that is?

I found the original 11-day itinerary:

St Maarten

St Kitts

St Vincent

Barbados

Martinique

St Croix

HMC

St Felix doesn't exist. Maybe that was an "auto-correct".

Edited by jtl513

I can understand the pricing being in local currency - but surely the itinerary should be the same

Yes, its the same duration and itinerary on all of them. From the US site:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/find-cruise-vacation/CruiseDetails.action?webItineraryIdForAudit=C5E08F&fromSearchVacation=true&destList=CE&dateCode=11_2015&flexibleMonths=false&noOfFlexibleMonths=1&portCode=&shipCodeSearch=&voyageCode=D573

it is now - just wondered why I saw and booked in june - yet some seem to have only just been told of a change ??

I suspect that they made their booking before the change and hadn't gone back to the website to look a the itinerary as the cruise was some time off.

I had a similar experience, booking a cruise (not HAL) back in February for March 2016. Also booked the flights as soon as they became available. Then I read on CC that there had been a change in itinerary and checked it out on the line's website. So the change had been made, but I hadn't visited it as I had an earlier cruise to look forward. Some days after reading about it on CC, I received an email informing me of the change.

So, just because someone hasn't looked at the change doesn't mean that it hasn't been posted, even if they haven't yet received notification.

Edited by Fouremco