Live from Westerdam!

bjarrett7

We are currently on the Westerdam heading to Juneau. This is our second HAL cruise our first being in the Nieuw Amsterdam. I have appreciated the CC community's input in preparation for our cruise and just wanted to give a quick update on our experience so far.

We booked our flight, hotel and transfer through HAL and it went flawlessly. We will definitely do that again.

The Westerdam is lovely! I might like her better than the Nieuw Amsterdam... She is in great shape and we had a smooth ride I spite of rough seas. The staff/ crew is great. We have received just excellent service so far. Our dinner in Canaletto last night was just excellent. Can't recommend is enough!

Feel free to ask questions and I will do the best I can to answer. Hope your day is as good as mine is going to be. Celebrating our 29th anniversary in the Pinnacle tonight. [emoji7]

How was the ride north last night and this morning? I was concerned that seas would be rough due to our "mini hurricane" yesterday.

Happy Anniversary!!! We'll be on Westerdam in two weeks and will be in PG every night- anxious to hear a review (and server recommendations)!!

Edited by frankc98376

We are currently on the Westerdam heading to Juneau. This is our second HAL cruise our first being in the Nieuw Amsterdam. I have appreciated the CC community's input in preparation for our cruise and just wanted to give a quick update on our experience so far.

We booked our flight, hotel and transfer through HAL and it went flawlessly. We will definitely do that again.

The Westerdam is lovely! I might like her better than the Nieuw Amsterdam... She is in great shape and we had a smooth ride I spite of rough seas. The staff/ crew is great. We have received just excellent service so far. Our dinner in Canaletto last night was just excellent. Can't recommend is enough!

Feel free to ask questions and I will do the best I can to answer. Hope your day is as good as mine is going to be. Celebrating our 29th anniversary in the Pinnacle tonight. [emoji7]

Happy happy Anniversary and thanks for sharing your comments on the Westerdam.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Look forward to hearing about your cruise! Glad you are enjoying it!:)

Happy Anniversary and Thanks for posting your "Live from the Westerdam" review. We will be cruising on her in January and can't wait.

We are planning on eating in the Canaletto for the first time although we have cruised on HAL many times. What did you order, we love Italian food?

How's your stateroom? What category are you in?

Please check out the Hydro Pool/Thermal Spa as we are thinking about adding this to our cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Alaska is absolutely FABULOUS, we have been twice and want to go again.

How was the ride north last night and this morning? I was concerned that seas would be rough due to our "mini hurricane" yesterday.

Happy Anniversary!!! We'll be on Westerdam in two weeks and will be in PG every night- anxious to hear a review (and server recommendations)!!

I thought the voyage last night was fine... But I don't get sea sick. I was a little worried that there could be a first time due to rough seas but I was fine with no meds. I do think that some people minded it. My DH gets seasick but he was fine with the patch.

The ship was rocking quite a bit during the night once we hit open waters but most people were already asleep. It was a beautiful sail away and dinner... The waters were glassy until after 10 which made for a lovely dining experience.

Happy Anniversary and Thanks for posting your "Live from the Westerdam" review. We will be cruising on her in January and can't wait.

We are planning on eating in the Canaletto for the first time although we have cruised on HAL many times. What did you order, we love Italian food?

How's your stateroom? What category are you in?

Please check out the Hydro Pool/Thermal Spa as we are thinking about adding this to our cruise.

Hope you have a wonderful cruise! Alaska is absolutely FABULOUS, we have been twice and want to go again.

We are in an SS- Signature Suite and it's great! We booked a guarantee and really got a great location and room. I think the SS are a great value.

We toured the spa yesterday and it is very nice. Had we not splurged on our excursions we might have bought the pass for the week. It was very nice,

Wow... We ate the veal polpettine and the clams appetizers, the Gnocchi for our pasta dish and we each tried a large plate: sea bass and the veal piccata. They were both excellent but way tooooo much food! Can't say enough about how awesome the service was in Canaletto. It was a perfect choice for the first night. Very warm and laid back. It is in a private section of the Lido, but we felt like we were in a completely different room. The views were great. We are going to try it again on glacier bay day. Seemed like a good idea and a eat way to enjoy the scenery.

Captain just announced that we are headed towards rough seas... Gale force winds and storm. Doesn't sound pleasant. May not be the greatest night for pinnacle grill. So signing out for a rough ride tonight. Prayers appreciated.

Looks like we have competing "Live From" threads going! Looking forward to meeting you on board. We had dinner at Canaletto as well last night, and will be dining in the Pinnacle Grill tonight - hopefully we'll catch up!

Frank

Happy Anniversay .

Glad you're enjoying the Westerdam and happy to hear good things about her, since we'll be on her in November. We have previously sailed on the W and are looking foward to cruising on her again.

We love Canelleto and have already booked for first night, and will probbly do a 2nd time, also.

We also like PG and have booked that, too. Thanks for the live feed.-online and in the restaurants.-lol

Enjoy Alaska.

Helaine

Happy Anniversary :)

So appreciate you doing the live thread and like you, I prefer the Westerdam over the N Amsterdam.

I hope your seas are not rough, but I feared for those of you leaving last night and hopefully all will be good.

Looking forward to your posts when you can.

Thanks again and smooth seas :)

We are in an SS- Signature Suite and it's great! We booked a guarantee and really got a great location and room. I think the SS are a great value.

We toured the spa yesterday and it is very nice. Had we not splurged on our excursions we might have bought the pass for the week. It was very nice,

Wow... We ate the veal polpettine and the clams appetizers, the Gnocchi for our pasta dish and we each tried a large plate: sea bass and the veal piccata. They were both excellent but way tooooo much food! Can't say enough about how awesome the service was in Canaletto. It was a perfect choice for the first night. Very warm and laid back. It is in a private section of the Lido, but we felt like we were in a completely different room. The views were great. We are going to try it again on glacier bay day. Seemed like a good idea and a eat way to enjoy the scenery.

Happy Anniversary, and glad you are enjoying the Westerdam. I loved my cruise on that ship. I agree about too much food in Canaletto! The sea bass was so very yummy when we had it - several times.;) Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

Happy Anniversary. We were on the Westerdam a few weeks ago. Best cruise to date. We had rain almost every day but thankfully no rough seas. Prayers for smoother seas for you. Looking forward to your "live from".

Saying prayers that you have smooth seas and thanks for answering my questions.

We have an aft HUGE balcony on the 5th deck but we are hoping for an upsell to a Signature Suite. We have had one once before and they are worth the money for the extra space.