bringing soda/water on board?

camorelli

I read in several posts that you can bring soda or water on board at embarkation, that some people even stick a luggage tag on and it's no problem. So I asked Celebrity yesterday and they said we are not allowed to bring on more than a bottle of water or a bottle of soda. Really? Maybe I misunderstood the posts on here or maybe she didn't have the correct info. I don't want to break any rules (and won't), but is it true that you can't bring on water and/or pop? She did confirm that we can bring on 2 bottles of wine.

Trust me, we won't short them on paying for our share of drinks. I purchased the frozen drink package but hubby and I aren't afraid to spend time at the pool with drinks in hand. We will definitely be spending a good amount on drinks. J

Did a search on here and it seems that you can bring water onboard, but it is not real clear if you have to check it in or if you can carry it on with you. There does seem to be a lot of different info.

Does anybody know if you can put a few bottles in your carry on and bring it onboard? Or do you need to check in an unopened case of it?

Diet Pepsi is not sold on Celebrity. On our last 10 cruises we have always packed one suitcase with 48 cans (2cases) of Pepsi and have either wheeled it on or sent it on with a luggage tag. Never a problem. Once in our stateroom we clear out the fridge and keep it stocked for IN SUITE use only. All alcohol and other soft drinks are purchased from the bar staff when we are out of our room.

I buy a few buckets of beer and (5 for price of 4 or 6 for the price of 5) and our steward or butler keeps the buckets filled with ice, once again this is for in room use.

bosco

We were on a Celebrity cruise this month. We took a small suitcase (carryon size) filled with bottles of caffiene free diet coke because they do not sell it on the ship.

We put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to the room with our other luggage. When we first gave our luggage to the porter at the dock, he said wow this is heavy and we said it's soda and he put it on the huge carts to be put on the ship.

Later that day it arrived at our room with our other bags.

We had our room steward clear out our room fridge, and we put our soda in there along with the bottles of water we rec'd for being in Aqua class.

Unfortunately, Celebrity agents don't always give out the right information. I have called and asked the question regarding brining soda on board and was told we're welcome to bring on as much as we desire. You probably saw my posts about the luggage tags, which were anecdotal. Good to see mjwcruising has direct experience with this.

In the past, we've allowed room in our luggage to stash in four 12-packs of soda, purchased at a grocery store enroute to the cruise port. The room available from our vacated soda gives us space for bringing back souveniers. We're not trying to hide it, it's just easier to carry.

We didn't realize that the steward would clear out the refrigerator for us-- we emptied it ourselves and stashed the contents in a drawer next to the fridge. When we went to replace the contents at the end of the cruise, we panicked when the drawer was empty. We called the steward, who told us she noticed we were using the fridge for soda. She cleared the drawer out for us and said she would take care of restocking it after we left.

This is a common post and this question appears on each of the cruiseline's threads. The truth is the official answer is probably no...as it appears to be for every cruise line and yet as long as it is not alcohol they do not take it awy from you and you are not called to the naughty room for soda, juice or water.... I have brought it on every cruise except my first (because I din't know about cruisecritic) on every line I have ever sailed. You do not have to sneak or hide but you do need to be reasonable and take a moderate amount and you will not be stopped. I like having the convenience of having bottled water and soda in my room...period. I bring it on excursions etc. My bar bill is always quite large..but I still like having water in my stateroom....

We were on a Celebrity cruise this month. We took a small suitcase (carryon size) filled with bottles of caffiene free diet coke because they do not sell it on the ship.

We put a luggage tag on it and it was delivered to the room with our other luggage. When we first gave our luggage to the porter at the dock, he said wow this is heavy and we said it's soda and he put it on the huge carts to be put on the ship.

Later that day it arrived at our room with our other bags.

We had our room steward clear out our room fridge, and we put our soda in there along with the bottles of water we rec'd for being in Aqua class.

I just returned from Solstice and I had caffeine free diet Coke on the ship. Not fountain, but they did have the cans of it on board.

I've never seen an official written policy on water or soda. There is one prohibiting, or limiting, alcoholic beverages. I've read many posts on these boards from people that carried non-alcoholic beverages on or checked a case as if it was luggage. I've never heard of anyone who was stopped and told they could not bring their non-alcoholic beverages on. We've occasionally brought on some bottled water ourselves when we've seen it for sale inexpensively at a port store.

Off Summit last month and we brought multiple bottles of water in our rolling carry on. Saw another passenger just carrying a full case of water as he boarded.....

That is consistant with the prior posts on these boards

So did you just put a bunch of loose bottles in your carry on or did you take a case?

Archived