Carnival's 2012 Cruise Director Schedule

Trin1103

Carnival's Jan-Jun 2012 Cruise Director schedule is now available:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Ap2nJKwTAA9sdHhjNktFT1RuSUZfSk9MOVkzS3NkVWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Hope everybody's getting a good one!

We sail the Elation on 01/23/2012. If I am reading it right - it looks like we will be getting Jeff Bronson. Can someone confirm to me that I read that right? Also - anyone know how good he is?

Cheers!

..Trin..

• 2 months later...
Has anyone sailed with Goose Newman...we have him on the Valor in June....Thanks, Mike

We sailed with Goose on the Valor in January 2011. He was funny and we saw him around quite often. He also took the time to mingle when . He was also very approachable. Hope this helps.

Happy sailing!! :)

I'm so bummed :( We were just a little too late for JH when we cruised on Splendor (he left for Magic) and now were just a little too late on Magic because he's going to Breeze :(

OK, done pouting.

So, I guess our CD will be Butch???? Anyone have any experience with him?

In all the cruises I've ever been on, I've never remembered the name of any cruise director we've had or cared who they were, any more than I've cared about the name of the Captain. As long as they do their job properly, that's all that matters. I don't think the CD makes or breaks a cruise.

Does it really make such a difference to people? :confused:

This is a serious question, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snarky (I know you can't "hear" my tone of voice and I don't want anyone to misconstrue). I would love to know why it matters who's going to be on what ship? What's so special about these cruise directors that it matters so much?

In all the cruises I've ever been on, I've never remembered the name of any cruise director we've had or cared who they were, any more than I've cared about the name of the Captain. As long as they do their job properly, that's all that matters. I don't think the CD makes or breaks a cruise.

Does it really make such a difference to people? :confused:

This is a serious question, I'm not trying to be sarcastic or snarky (I know you can't "hear" my tone of voice and I don't want anyone to misconstrue). I would love to know why it matters who's going to be on what ship? What's so special about these cruise directors that it matters so much?

The CD really has control of the "Vibe" of the ship. If you participate in any ship activities, it's his team that run them. The CD is also the MC of the shows, and also does the announcements and morning show and deck parties and that sort of thing. If you don't get into ship activities that much, it probably doesn't make much difference.

We were on Splendor with Goose and he was great, and on Freedom I don't remember the name of the CD (left no impression on me other than being a big fan of himself) but I do remember the assistant CD was James something and he was really fun;)

I'm so bummed :( We were just a little too late for JH when we cruised on Splendor (he left for Magic) and now were just a little too late on Magic because he's going to Breeze :(

OK, done pouting.

I've sailed with Butch twice. He's good. Very energetic!

OK, done pouting.

We had Butch on Liberty in Dec. He and Amy (6'3") were great. Not many announcements, very funny and personable. Always out and about with the guests. You'll have a good time.

We had Wee Jimmy on our last cruise-- just seeing him around the ship in a kilt was a hoot. It does matter if you get into ship's activites. The CD organizes entertainment/activities onboard. So if ya got a dud or a one that thinks he is all that, then it could be a dull cruise. If the CD isn't one to get folks involved- that too could alter the "fun" onboard.

OK, done pouting.

I met Butch when we went to preview the games that are coming to Carnival. Very nice, fun guy.

We play a bunch of trivia and other games during our cruise and it is more important that the social hosts be fun and lively than the CD with whom we are very rarely in contact with.

I agree, but even then I rarely take note of their names. :D

OK, done pouting.

Butch was good when we were on the liberty on 12/31/11. His morning show was very entertaining.

Carnival's Jan-Jun 2012 Cruise Director schedule is now available:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?hl=en_US&hl=en_US&key=0Ap2nJKwTAA9sdHhjNktFT1RuSUZfSk9MOVkzS3NkVWc&single=true&gid=0&output=html

Hope everybody's getting a good one!

We sail the Elation on 01/23/2012. If I am reading it right - it looks like we will be getting Jeff Bronson. Can someone confirm to me that I read that right? Also - anyone know how good he is?

Cheers!

..Trin..

Sorry to say - I think Jeff Bronson was most annoying!

I have enjoyed Malcolm Burn, Steve Knisley just to name two.

• 3 weeks later...

OK, done pouting.

Had Butch on the Dream!! Very fun guy and seen a lot!! One of those CDs who jumps right in and has fun with everyone!

We had Wee Jimmy on our last cruise-- just seeing him around the ship in a kilt was a hoot. It does matter if you get into ship's activites. The CD organizes entertainment/activities onboard. So if ya got a dud or a one that thinks he is all that, then it could be a dull cruise. If the CD isn't one to get folks involved- that too could alter the "fun" onboard.

We had Wee Jimmy on the Legend last year!! He was so fun! He just got married in Vegas!! By Elvis, no doubt!! Lol!

Anyone know when the rest of the schedule will be added? Seems to go until June now. We are sailing the Legend 6/17. Kirk is on 1/8-June but that seems like a long time. Wondering if someone else is relieving him about that time?

Normally, they will have on the schedule if the person is leaving during the month and someone else is replacing them. One thing to keep in mind is to check back on the website from time to time as the schedule can be changed/updated.

Archived