Probably want to avoid stateroom 684 on the Explorer

We are in cabin 679 which is a category G1 cabin. Would caution that the cabin is not at all as shown on Regent's web site for a category G1 but more like the web site's category H

Are you saying that this particular G1 Suite 679 is different than the other G1 Suites? Or that G1 Suites as a whole are not as described online?

Dear&dear: Thank you very much for posting. What you've reported is the kind of thing that I've been concerned about. As I've said before, it seems to me that the only people that Regent folks care about are the big spenders, the very frequent cruisers, the people who groove on glam. Our queries clearly do not matter.

One understands-- of course-- that it may take time fully to know a new product, but the Powers (as on the other post) readily answer details about-- and post photos of-- all sorts of high-end concerns, while not bothering at all to clarify things like what the suites are really like-- which to some of us is the most important factor of all. Each day I get a more emphatic sense that the Explorer is not for us "G" types. Tant pis, since there are a couple of itineraries that are attractive to us.

I hope that you're enjoying your cruise in other senses.

THe common areas are spacious and very well decorated.

Our diappointment was our cabin. We have been on all the Regent ships mostly as H cruisers except for Navigator because we wanted a balcony

As far as we can ascertain all cabins sold as G1 are really the cabin H shown on the web site. Our daughter is a few doors down with the same issue. Last night at the block party, cruisers were clearly annoyed

When we were looking at booking this maiden voyage, we looked at cabin H on the web site and found it too small. We looked at cabin G2 on the web site and it looked much better and G1 looked the same but with a slightly larger balcony.

We are platinum with Regent and this is our first bad experience with a cabin. For instance, forget having dinner in your suite. You only gave a very small coffe table. We feel Regent has grossly misled us

Dear&dear: Thank you very much for posting. What you've reported is the kind of thing that I've been concerned about. As I've said before, it seems to me that the only people that Regent folks care about are the big spenders, the very frequent cruisers, the people who groove on glam. Our queries clearly do not matter.

Poss, not sure if this will be of any help or interest to you, but I located a larger scale photo of a category H suite. It's the same photo used on Regent's website, just bigger.

Exp_VerandaSuite.jpg

Edited by towel-animal

We are in cabin 679 which is a category G1 cabin. Would caution that the cabin is not at all as shown on Regent's web site for a category G1 but more like the web site's category H

Thank you posting this information. I just looked at the diagrams again and looked at my photos of the G1 suite (on the Christening thread). They appear very similar except the size. From what we saw and were told, the concierge suites and F1 suites are identical except for the amenities in the concierge level suites. F2 is the same size as F1 but with a smaller balcony.

poss, hope you are reading this........ the G1 and G2 are the same size but the G1 has a smaller balcony. The H category appears to be a smaller version of the "G" category with the balcony size being the same as G1.

IMO, it would be helpful to guests if Regent changed the designations for these suites as it is confusing. I had to re-look at the F1/F2 and G1/G2 three times as I was sure I was making a mistake. However, unless the website is incorrect, in the "F" category, The F2 is larger than F1 but in the "G" category G1 is larger than F2. Even trying to write this is confusing.

Oh, boy-- confusing is an understatement. And it continues to bug me that Mr Soy (and others), who so willingly answered all sorts of questions from the upper suite people, simply ignored the queries from us steerage folks. Shouldn't be surprised-- cruising is big business after all, not a service industry, but I never felt "second-class" before on Regent. Things have changed.

And I guess there's no more having breakfast in one's suite?? I mean, like, where??

The picture shows a table next to the sofa/loveseat.

I can't recall if it was the Mariner or the Voyager but one of them had these little oval tables, there was a tabletop that clipped on to the top of it to make it big enough to dine on.I think ours was in the closet.

The Navigator new suites have a nice big rectangular table...well our suite did.

Pam.

if that little table really does accommodate some sort of raising up, and a more usable surface-- I mean for actually eating there-- that'd be good. Just didn't look like that sort of thing-- whereas the Mariner tables do. I wish I were sure what the G tables are like.

And I wish someone from corporate would ring in and answer these itty-bitty questions (as opposed to how much a mattress costs and how fancy the chandeliers and plates are). I know, believe me, that most of Explorer's clientele are more interested in the ultra luxury kinds of details (as witness the exchanges on the "Random Notes" thread), but, again, I'm grateful to the posts and responses about the nitty-gritty.

Edited by poss

This thread has changed topics, and is no longer about suite 684.

I have located a couple onboard in a G suite, and will obtain photos tomorrow.

I will post them on the Random Notes thread, and hopefully help with your concerns

Yes, I kind of wish that Dear&dear had started a separate post for their valuable information (though it seemed somehow to fit well here). And I guess because OP kindly responded to my off-the-orginal-subject post, I thought it would be ok to continue to post in the same vein that I had been. But you're correct, Anchorbuoy, the thread is no longer about about suite 684. Thank you for being willing to take and post photos of the G suite, and thanks, also, to the gracious inhabitants of that suite.

Again, though, aren't Regent reps supposedly monitoring CC? I would have hoped that they'd want to clarify so much confusion, rather than having people depend on the kindness of passengers. But it seems no....

Really hope that someone starts a new thread as posters will miss valuable information not related to the subject.

BTW, all officers that had been onboard the ship are no longer there (believe that Randall Soy left on Monday). Those that had been onboard for 2+ weeks are likely catching up on their work. While all of us enjoyed having Randall responding to questions, my guess is that they will continue to monitor the board as they always do but will respond infrequently.

if that little table really does accommodate some sort of raising up, and a more usable surface-- I mean for actually eating there-- that'd be good. Just didn't look like that sort of thing-- whereas the Mariner tables do. I wish I were sure what the G tables are like.

And I wish someone from corporate would ring in and answer these itty-bitty questions (as opposed to how much a mattress costs and how fancy the chandeliers and plates are). I know, believe me, that most of Explorer's clientele are more interested in the ultra luxury kinds of details (as witness the exchanges on the "Random Notes" thread), but, again, I'm grateful to the posts and responses about the nitty-gritty.

Hi Poss, I am hoping that the same deal goes with the Explorer on the "in suite dining"

They say that there is in suite dining 24/7 and to be fair we have always had that option. I would be surprisedi if the (tray, clip) option wasn't available considering the hefty price of the lower cabins.

"steerage?....For the lowest cabins being £5k pp, i would expect a dining area, at the least and hope Regent don't renege on their promise.

I hope you manage to get not only something in your price bracket but also something that doesn't feel like you have given away what you really love about cruising.

We all love seeing a new ship but not all can afford the fancy prices that go with it..

Pam.

Really hope that someone starts a new thread as posters will miss valuable information not related to the subject.

BTW, all officers that had been onboard the ship are no longer there (believe that Randall Soy left on Monday). Those that had been onboard for 2+ weeks are likely catching up on their work. While all of us enjoyed having Randall responding to questions, my guess is that they will continue to monitor the board as they always do but will respond infrequently.

Why don't you start a new thread Jackie, it would be lovely to hear your thoughts.

While I cannot guarantee what the "G" tables are like, I am assuming they are the height of the rest of the tables on the Explorer. Both the love seat and the chair by the desk are the right height so that you can sit on either one and have dinner at the table. So, the table is a bit higher than on other ships (although it is likely that all of the ships will have the same tables and chairs after refurbishment.