New to Regent

Hi everyone. We are sailing on regent Navigator (May 27) and I was wondering if anyone had any tips, experiences etc they would like to share?! We have been on Oceania, & Seabourn previously and have heard good things about Regent. Thanks!

Hi,

I would say go and relax and soak up the wonderful food, surroundings, atmosphere to name just a few of the on board experiences that await you,

Our first regent cruise was on navigator in 2009 also in the Mediterranean. We just settled in right away and enjoyed th cruise.

The staff are very obliging and they want to ensure you enjoy your holiday. Don't hesitate to ask for anything you need. A special meal order can be asked for 24 hours in advance, as long as the ingredients are available.

Have a great cruise, and enjoy. Ps Navigator is our favourite ship . Jean.

I had never heard of cruise critic when we had our first regent cruise. Our TA recomended the line to us, after having had about 6 cruises prior to that. We met the UK main rep at a cruise event our TA was hosting and had a good chat to him and booked a cruise almost right away. It was actually nice not having heard any good or bad reports of the ship or company, and we were both delighted from our flights from UK right to cruise and return home flights.

Hope you have a great time and are able to let us know how you get on and find the ship after the recent refit. Jean.

Hi Jean, thank you for your reply!We are really excited now as our trip is getting closer. I really hope the ship is as good as we have heard. Have to say how disappointed we were with Seabourn, maybe unlucky, who knows?!

Though not a Regent issue, as you did bring up SB,

may I ask what disappointed you on SB, and which ship was it? People have different tastes and preferences, of course, for many things, but other things are just objectively good or bad.. Other than some concerns about furniture softness, I was very pleased with the Odyssey, on that one cruise (5/5), compared with my one prior cruise on Regent (4/5) and have a couple Quest cruises coming up, so if you would be willing to share your issues, I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Anticipation of a special event, a special cruise, is half the fun.

You do not mention where in the world you live. It is important to know that Regent in the U.K. is not like Regent in the U.S. I am posting in the hopes that you booked through a U.S. Travel Agent so that you are receiving appropriate benefits. While you are onboard and decide that you love Regent (:D) there are significant benefits to booking your next cruise with the Cruise Consultant (note: you can cancel with a minimal penalty).

Hope you have a great cruise!

Our first regent cruise was on navigator in 2009 also in the Mediterranean. We just settled in right away and enjoyed th cruise.

Ha! Our first cruise ever was also on Regent aboard the Navigator in the Med in 2009. Monte Carlo to Athens. We've been hooked ever since. Have our third Navigator cruise coming up in July. Can't wait.

Bear in mind that this is Regent's smallest ship, so she has fewer amenities than her sisters. But still one of our favorites, too. And you may want to check your cabin location if you're sensitive to vibration. Navigator is somewhat notorious for her aft vibes. We've never had an aft cabin ourselves so I can't comment on sleeping, but the lounges and common areas back there never bothered me. Some people are really sensitive to it, though.

Though not a Regent issue, as you did bring up SB,

may I ask what disappointed you on SB, and which ship was it? People have different tastes and preferences, of course, for many things, but other things are just objectively good or bad.. Other than some concerns about furniture softness, I was very pleased with the Odyssey, on that one cruise (5/5), compared with my one prior cruise on Regent (4/5) and have a couple Quest cruises coming up, so if you would be willing to share your issues, I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance, and I hope you have a wonderful cruise. Anticipation of a special event, a special cruise, is half the fun.

Hi, thanks for reply. Seabourn Sojourn was good, but we felt the food wasn't nearly as good as Oceania Riviera. The afternoon tea was merely okay, breakfast fine but nothing really wow if you know what I mean. Also the wines on offer weren't the best. Maybe I am nitpicking but it just didn't feel as good as Oceania. The staff were fantastic I have to say, so friendly, and the cabins very spacious. Met some wonderful people so on the whole it was a good trip. I do think we were spoilt on our first cruise and the bar was then set very high.

Edited by firsttimers68

Hi, thanks for reply. Seabourn Sojourn was good, I do think we were spoilt on our first cruise and the bar was then set very high.

Isn't it strange - our first cruise was with Seabourn and we didn't think anything could ever live up to it. Regent and Oceania were very close but not quite close enough. We take our 4th cruise and back to Seabourn this time - my other half thinks I am going to be disappointed as I have put Seabourn on a pedestal :D At least I know there are at least 3 cruise lines I am happy to sail with. Fancying a river cruise next.

Here are a few things that you may, or may not, have thought of:

1. Hook up with a SSS member (previous Regent cruiser) asap who is also on the same cruise to take advantage of the benefits available from the Regent Ambassador Programme

2. Pre-book Speciality restaurant on-line

3. Pre-book excursions on-line

4. Plan your next Regent cruise(s) so that if you become hooked you can book on-board for additional discounts etc

5. Meet up with fellow guests in pre-cruise hotel, at boat drill, Sail-away, Captain's reception and Block Party. You will either make new friends............or know who to avoid for the rest of the cruise ;)

6. If anything is not to your liking or taste, or you have a special requirement, then bring it to the attention of a member of the Regent staff at the earliest opportunity; they will always try to assist with your requests :)

7. Last, but not least......................chill-out and enjoy your luxury vacation :D

Edited by flossie009
minor edit

As a " Cunard addict" I really enjoyed our 1st Regent cruise on Mariner last year. So much so, we were booked on Explorer at the earliest opportunity and take our 2nd Regent cruise this coming September.

The overall ambience is stylish and relaxed, my wife much preferred the lack of formality and I found it less of a problem than I'd imagined it might be. Our fellow travellers, predominantly North American, were one of the reasons we thoroughly enjoyed the experience but the combination of high quality dining, outstanding service, really comfortable and spacious public areas and superb itinerary & tours made it truly wonderful.

Regent provides the perfect blend and balance for us. Lovely suites, not too glitzy, great range of dining options and ship size is ideal - tons of space, nowhere is crowded and the whole thing just works smoothly and seamlessly. Transfers, trips, embarkation/disembarkation - all plain sailing.

Nothing not to like about Regent. Go with the flow, you will have a terrific time. If I could afford it, I'd be on board half the year! :cool:

It is odd yes! We loved Oceania, other people less so. Good to be different I guess! :D

The only real gripe that we had with Oceania was the bathroom set up in the Veranda suites. Cramped, horrible curtain over the bath and toilet at a very strange angle - apart from that, we enjoyed our cruise with them very much.

• 2 months later...

Hi all, well what can I say?! We absolutely loved Regent and everything they offered. First class trip, superb staff, food, cabins. Loved every minute of it and will definitely go again! I cannot praise the staff enough. They were wonderful. Very relaxed holiday, just incredible!

Hi all, well what can I say?! We absolutely loved Regent and everything they offered. First class trip, superb staff, food, cabins. Loved every minute of it and will definitely go again! I cannot praise the staff enough. They were wonderful. Very relaxed holiday, just incredible!

Thank you so much for coming back and telling us how it went. So glad you had a great time.

That's great to hear that you had a fabulous cruise. It was good of you to post and let us all know how you found Regent. Jean.

So glad you enjoyed your first Regent cruise.......................when are you sailing again? :)

Ahhh! Well, the new Regent ship actually sails from Limassol next week, we live in Paphos. Sadly we aren't on it as have guests staying 2 days later! It was very tempting though!! We are looking at next year, as have an Oceania cruise booked for this November. I was so impressed with Regent. Hoepfully we will be back on board soon.:D

HI, we're something like you.

This will be are first cruise on Regent (we booked 2 cruises). We've cruised Oceania (8 times) and SilverSeas (2 Times/to formal for us) plus a lot of others long ago. Everything I read is good about Regent, so sit back and relax and enjoy the time you have on the cruise.

Thea's what we're going to do.

Rick