What are the best freebies on Regent?

Pamela1

I was wondering what i really liked on our Regent cruises regarding the "inclusive everything"

I really enjoy the excursions. We haven't visited many places and so for us it's a great way to see different towns and cities to get a feel for a place that you may want to visit again.

On our last day of our recent cruise we had a delightful morning in Malta and would love to go back and visit.

Has anyone had any really special freebies or perks?

Pam.

I was wondering what i really liked on our Regent cruises regarding the "inclusive everything"

I really enjoy the excursions. We haven't visited many places and so for us it's a great way to see different towns and cities to get a feel for a place that you may want to visit again.

On our last day of our recent cruise we had a delightful morning in Malta and would love to go back and visit.

Pam.

Pam, nothing is free, you pay for everything in your fare. What you will get is well spelled out in the numerous brochures and on the website listing "free" items which are not really free but, paid for up front whether you use them or not and thus included.

Agreed - you pay for everything. However maybe there was something that you mentioned out loud to the right person without thinking it could happen, but it did. i would think that many people miss out on little "perks" because they don't know they actually exist.

Agree, the people you meet (some good - some not so) but sometimes you meet the very nice and enjoy your trip a little more. Also that fact that you only unpack once for you trip, that's the best of all. Another one is that you do what you want, relax and do nothing or you can do a lot.

The best "freebies" are the great people we have met on various trips.

While we like the all inclusive, the icing on the cake is always the people we meet.

I couldn't agree more.

Also, the staff that recognise you from a previous cruise.

The best "freebies" are the great people we have met on various trips.

While we like the all inclusive, the icing on the cake is always the people we meet.

Absolutely! And yes, it is lovely to meet a staff member who you've sailed with before.

But to Pam's questions. Hmm. Things that you *don't* have to think about paying for that other lines generally charge money for: self-service laundry; specialty restaurant dining; fitness classes; drinks of course, of all kinds, not just alcoholic--fancy coffees for instance; full room service.

As for perks based on tiers, as Gold we get included internet, for both of us; eventually at Platinum I think, you get laundry and Titanium gets dry cleaning and free deviation. In upper suites, you might get a tablet or laptop to use in the room, and a canape menu for those afternoons when you might get peckish. But outside your room, democracy rules.

Thanks guys, this thread was just a little bit of fun.

I agree that the great people and staff are one of the biggest perks, we have met staff and other cruisers that i'm sure will always be remembered.

Wendy, (by sheer luck) we had a ph suite on our cruise last month and maybe it's just me but i could have done without the butler and maybe have had some snacks in the room instead. I know my husband really enjoyed the evening canapés though! :D

I was wondering what i really liked on our Regent cruises regarding the "inclusive everything".Has anyone had any really special freebies or perks?Pam.

First, I will say the people we have met and some we are still in contact with. Second, the only time we use are cruise card is to get on/off the ship and enter our suite.:) Not to forget we receive our cruise points when we board the ship.:D

Regent is now our cruise line of choice.

Here's another strong vote for the wonderful people whom we have met on Regent cruises and with whom we have developed friendships over the years, socializing both on cruises and at home. We look forward enormously to cruising with a group of those friends on an intriguing cruise from Bali to Hong Kong.

We also agree with Wendy that it's a delight to not have to pull out the key card for drinks and all of the other included features.

When we first booked Regent we were a little worried that is might have been a bit pretentious and maybe over our class but we honestly have never seen any class system on board from either guests or staff.

When we were on our cruise last month we were on a trip in Sicily where there was an accident in the road ahead and some lovely American ladies offered us some of the local sweets they had purchased, it was really lovely.

Pam.

PS, are we all geared up for the online christening show?....cant wait might see someone we know in the crowd?

Pam.

Our TA will be onboard and will be looking for her she was just on the Christening of the Crystal Mozart. I want her job.:D

THE ICE CREAM !

Every day across from the outside grill area, they had about 8 different flavors available every day. Next to the ice cream station was a table with all the toppings. Chopped nuts, candy, coconut,etc. ....along with a bottle of Frangelico, Kalua and a third bottle I cannot remember.

We met people on the ship that were not familiar with the that area. They just thought it a hamburger grill so never went over there. Big mistake. Sometimes at lunch there they also grilled steak and ribs

In the morning there was a smoothie bar there.

We had a suite. I think it was an SF....the lowest category of suite ...so we had an hordevour menu to leave for your butler every day. The presentation was unbelievable. My husband would get the cheese plate and I would get the crab leg popsicles.unbelievably delicious

Also the toiletries. They used Hermes with a full set of everything for men and L'Occtune for women. Anything you used...or took....was immediately replaced.

Ours was the first cruise with free internet for all. That was great and very fast.