Watch Seven Seas Explorer's Christening Live at 3pm

Greetings all -

I figured since I'm normally here providing assistance for the website or helping solve a problem, that today I'd share some good news. :)

As many of you are probably already aware, we will be live-streaming Seven Seas Explorer's Christening Event at 3pm ET. Simply go to our website and click the link, or go directly to http://www.explorerchristening.com/ and enjoy.

Thank you all for sailing with Regent Seven Seas Cruises, and sharing this memorable event with us.

Edited by Mike Moore

Hi Mike, Would appreciate a clarification on the time. The website says 3 PM EST. Of course the majority of the US is currently on DST. Others have asked without a response if EST is correct or is it EDT. Makes a one hour difference and might cause people to miss the "show". Thanks Mike as always,

Greetings all -

I figured since I'm normally here providing assistance for the website or helping solve a problem, that today I'd share some good news. :)

As many of you are probably already aware, we will be live-streaming Seven Seas Explorer's Christening Event at 3pm ET. Simply go to our website and click the link, or go directly to http://www.explorerchristening.com/ and enjoy.

Thank you all for sailing with Regent Seven Seas Cruises, and sharing this memorable event with us.

Evening Mike. From 7.15 GMT

How long will the streaming last for?

Thanks.

Hi again Mike, could you explain what we are about to watch?

Is it an outside bottle shattering process or an orderly chat with the captain and a look around the ship?

Thanks again.

Pam.

The former. Some of our Executives, the Captain of Seven Seas Explorer and Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco will speak. The ship will be Christened, followed by a performance by Andrea Bocelli.

The former. Some of our Executives, the Captain of Seven Seas Explorer and Her Serene Highness Princess Charlene of Monaco will speak. The ship will be Christened, followed by a performance by Andrea Bocelli.

Thank you for the swift reply Mike, it sounds just charming.

Pam.

Hey Mike,

I see some lovely morphing images and hear people talking in the background and music. Got knocked offline but no live feed yet. Has the christening started yet?

Just started. :)

Edited by Mike Moore

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I thought the show was unprofessional and the dignatories looked a little embarrassed. I expected Andre Bocelli to sing more songs, he didn't even speak! The bit they did get right was the actual christening with the three religious persons. I agree, the musicians chatting and laughing in the background during the actual ceremony was uncalled for.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I don't want to rain on anyone's parade but I thought the show was unprofessional and the dignatories looked a little embarrassed. I expected Andre Bocelli to sing more songs, he didn't even speak! The bit they did get right was the actual christening with the three religious persons. I agree, the musicians chatting and laughing in the background during the actual ceremony was uncalled for.

That's why there are so few "live" TV shows anymore - you can't control everything!

I loved the event and will watch a rerun. I am concerned about Mr. Bocelli's health; he looked much thinner than when he sang in may at the Leicster celebration for the Premier League Championship.