Video of Explorer Luxury Suites

kntdds

Poss you have made a very valid point there. All the advertising seems to be for the top and next in line luxury suites, without covering the regular suites. They seem to be targeting the top end cost suites which not everyone has the need or money to afford? :confused: Jean.

Yes, thanks for posting, kntdds.

Interesting that the video didn't even bother to talk about any suite "beneath" Concierge. Boy, oh boy.

poss, IMO, way too much attention is being paid to the Regent suite. While it is over the top beautiful, 99% of Regent cruisers will not be in that suite. We loved our concierge suite and found the smaller suites very nice and comfortable. Wish we could have seen the level that you are interested in. I do know that our TA's customers book the lowest categories. Hopefully at least one of them will post photos.

Tc, thanks for ringing in. (Though you should be sleeping--at least resting! I like to think of you soon cuddling with your beloved cats.)

Am I correct that your sense is that the Explorer F and G suites are somewhat smaller than comparable levels on Mariner/Voyager? That would not be so good (for us). Glad to hear that there are reading lights though!

Yeh, I am getting tired of all the talk about how much things cost and all the glam. E.g. all those fancy-schmantzy chandeliers-- especially the blue ones-- are a turn-off to us, though such stylistic features certainly wouldn't keep us from cruising on Explorer, if we can afford it. Much of the rest of the ship looks very handsome and dignified, even if a bit over-the-top for our taste.

My main hope is that Explorer doesn't turn into a vessel just for the super-super wealthy, folks who like to dress to the nines every night, who flaunt their wealth, their "connections," etc. You've often remarked in the past that one of the things you enjoy and respect about Regent is that there's not a "class system" on the ships. I've always felt comfortable in that sense as well. This new ship seems like it's going in very much a different direction. Of course, it's easy to understand that for christening cruises there'd be a whole different aura on the ship, and that's fine and dandy. But I hope that all the $$$ talk soon stops: I find it crass. (I know that there are plenty of people-- enough to fill a ship certainly-- who groove on that kind of thing, so maybe that's what Explorer is aiming for. If that's the case, I sure hope the tenor doesn't spread to the Nina and Pinta.)

Thanks for the link to the video.

I wonder how usable the Regent suites massive balcony will be in reality. I once had a forward/front balcony on another ship. I was unusable almost anytime the ship was a sea due to the wind. There was one rare day when the wind was coming directly from the stern and the forward movement of the ship cancel that out and the balcony was calm. The rest of the time it was just far to windy to enjoy the space for more that a few minutes.

j