Seven Seas Society Pages Quarterly

Portolan

Issue #1 of this publication arrived today so Regent joins other cruise lines and travel providers with a periodical which isn't just an advertising brochure (but nearly so).

Of more curiosity is that below Ms. Portolan's address (these things always come to her) was an after-publication printed block saying "For Reservations Contact:" followed by a contact at the Automobile Club of Southern California. Needless to say, we've never used them as our TA. Suggests to me that either the Regent database is out of sync and someone else has been invited to contact our TA or these all went out with the same AC/SC contact. Neither, I expect, will amuse our TA for our 15 or so Regent cruises. Big whoops, I think.

Edited by Portolan

My husband and I are new Regent. Taking a big gamble, we booked the Voyager B2B, Rome to Beijing starting Oct 2017. Friends have taken Regent cruises and raved so we are optimistic our 63 days will be awesome.

After we booked, I created my account at the Regent site and then I received an email from a TA - not my own - who wrote 'I was asked by Regent Cruises that I follow up with you on your recent request". I had no request, I was just signing up. Weird Regent would do this, when I should have a TA on file.

I.T. and home office data and call center has long had information problems. I would have thought that they would get their act together after merging operations with Oceana and later Norwegian (NCLH). I guess I was wrong.

The good news is that it never seems to have and effect on the on board ship experience.

j

My husband and I are new Regent. Taking a big gamble, we booked the Voyager B2B, Rome to Beijing starting Oct 2017. Friends have taken Regent cruises and raved so we are optimistic our 63 days will be awesome.

We are also on the Rome to Beijing trip in October 2017; this is our retirement cruise. We have 273 nights on Regent but this will be our longest cruise and first time in a while where we have not known a lot of people onboard. It should be a fantastic cruise.

One question; were you able to book it as a single cruise or was it booked as Rome to Singapore and then Singapore to Beijing?

Marc

We are also on the Rome to Beijing trip in October 2017; this is our retirement cruise. We have 273 nights on Regent but this will be our longest cruise and first time in a while where we have not known a lot of people onboard. It should be a fantastic cruise.

One question; were you able to book it as a single cruise or was it booked as Rome to Singapore and then Singapore to Beijing?

Marc

We booked it as the 2 cruises you mention. Are you doing the 3 night post cruise in Beijing as well?

I am used to very busy roll calls for Celebrity cruises, but there are none yet for this series of cruises, I see from the Regent site these 2 can be booked as 4 different legs.

Our longest to date was 38 nights as a B2B2B on Celebrity, and we could have gone longer :).

See you on board!

Linda

Well at least you got the newsletter. We got nothing. We are Gold, and will be Platinum on our next cruise, and we have an established account.:confused:

It just came yesterday. Give it a day or two. I'm guessing they weren't sent by status (we're Gold closing on Platinum) but by region since that's the way bulk mailings are handled.

Question for you (when you get it) and all who have received it: has anyone's had their TA listed correctly?

The other surprising aspect of this is that we get a brochure from Regent weekly (it seems) and it always has our TA listed correctly. You'd think they'd have used the same process for the newsletter.

Got ours yesterday and our TA is not shown and neither is any other TA. And, as an additional comment regarding the ineptness of Regent marketing in continuing to send out unwanted mailings, several months ago there was a thread which supposedly had a solution to stop the enormous number of unwanted glossy mailings. Well, went into our account and followed the directions to opt out for mailings and e-mail. Have now given it enough time to have changed the amount of mail received. Anyone want to guess what has transpired since asking to opt out?? You guessed it, the Regent mailings have continued unabated, Oceania mailings have increased and while we previously did not receive any e-mails, they have started coming in regularly at a rate of about 3 to 4 every week. Anybody have a new idea to that will work to stop the bombardment without increasing the number of unwanted spam??

It just came yesterday. Give it a day or two. I'm guessing they weren't sent by status (we're Gold closing on Platinum) but by region since that's the way bulk mailings are handled.

Question for you (when you get it) and all who have received it: has anyone's had their TA listed correctly?

The other surprising aspect of this is that we get a brochure from Regent weekly (it seems) and it always has our TA listed correctly. You'd think they'd have used the same process for the newsletter.

We received ours yesterday (Silver) and the TA is not ours. Out of curiosity I Googled the TA. They are apparently a top Crystal Cruises agency. I had to "look" hard to even find Regent on their home page. :rolleyes:

After we booked, I created my account at the Regent site and then I received an email from a TA - not my own - who wrote 'I was asked by Regent Cruises that I follow up with you on your recent request". I had no request, I was just signing up. Weird Regent would do this, when I should have a TA on file.

I have heard of this happening but it is a very rare occurrence. We have sailed with Regent 12 years and have never received a call from a random TA. Your itinerary on the Voyager sounds wonderful. I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

Portolan: I learned of these new publications just last week when we were on the Explorer and look forward to receiving our first issue. While Regent is clearly to blame for the mix-up, I know from experience how easy it is to mess up a "merge" when printing documents. Hopefully they will do a better job of proofreading in the future.

In terms of unwanted mail from Regent, this has been discussed ad nauseam. Hopefully it will become easier to "unsubscribe" from mailings sooner rather than later. In the meantime, hope that everyone is recycling.

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying our inaugural edition of Society Pages. We are investigating the data issue with incorrect TA's listed and apologize for any confusion. I will update with a new post once I learn the scope of this problem.

Got ours yesterday and our TA is not shown and neither is any other TA. And, as an additional comment regarding the ineptness of Regent marketing in continuing to send out unwanted mailings, several months ago there was a thread which supposedly had a solution to stop the enormous number of unwanted glossy mailings. Well, went into our account and followed the directions to opt out for mailings and e-mail. Have now given it enough time to have changed the amount of mail received. Anyone want to guess what has transpired since asking to opt out?? You guessed it, the Regent mailings have continued unabated, Oceania mailings have increased and while we previously did not receive any e-mails, they have started coming in regularly at a rate of about 3 to 4 every week. Anybody have a new idea to that will work to stop the bombardment without increasing the number of unwanted spam??

I opted out and after about 4 weeks I was ad-less. It was heaven. Bad news. They started back up a couple of weeks ago. Sigh.

Glad to hear everyone is enjoying our inaugural edition of Society Pages. We are investigating the data issue with incorrect TA's listed and apologize for any confusion. I will update with a new post once I learn the scope of this problem.

Still waiting for mine! Looking forward to it.

We booked it as the 2 cruises you mention. Are you doing the 3 night post cruise in Beijing as well?

I am used to very busy roll calls for Celebrity cruises, but there are none yet for this series of cruises, I see from the Regent site these 2 can be booked as 4 different legs.

Our longest to date was 38 nights as a B2B2B on Celebrity, and we could have gone longer :).

See you on board!

Linda

Cancelled the post cruise. We have been to Beijing a number of times and weren't planning on the tours. With a great exchange rate I can get really nice hotels for far less than the $1500 ($750 per person) that I got for cancelling the post-cruise.

See you onboard!!!

Marc (and Arlene)

Received mine today. Nice effort. Congratulations to Sean O'Keefe, manager of the Seven Seas Society. A good way to touch base with past cruisers. Hopefully Regent can cut back on the multitude of weekly mailings. (No, the correct TA wasn't beside the the mailing address, but no problem. Our current Society status was printed inside the cover. Nice touch.)

For the record, his name is Jason O'Keefe. He was on the Christening cruise and met with so many of us -- listened to our praise of the Explorer as well as concerns that their customers have. My DH and I were very impressed with him and look forward to talking to him more in the future.

Yes, Jason, I apologize for getting your first name wrong. Trying to listen to TV and not paying enough attention! Enjoyed our conversations last year. Congratulations on the new pub and the changes to the Seven Seas Society.

Ours came yesterday (7/28). We are in Virginia, Silver transitioning to Gold in 4 weeks with last name G. Actually a decent read. Wife who never looks at these boards read cover to cover and said it was informative. I read about half and think CC'ers will see a lot of stuff they have already heard. Did not see it as too heavy on Marketing. If you have a significant other who does not follow the boards, it might help catch them up with you.

Our last name begins with "W" and we received our copy on Tuesday. Wrong TA though.

Thanks for chiming in! I'm still hopeful that I'll get a copy and won't mind that my TA will be wrong. It more or less reminds me of mailings a few years ago when our Seven Seas Society nights were wrong as well as our TA. Those darn merge programs can "get you" very easily.:)