Star Legend in Culebra

laurelguy

Hi cruisers. So we're booked on Legend in December. San Juan to San Juan Dec. 26th. It's a new itinerary.First stop is Culebra where Flamenco Beach is. One of the top 10 beaches in the world. I'm trying to find out if one can get from where the ship anchors to this spot. Any help is appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

From LonelyPlanet, "There is taxi service on the island, but they’re basically público vans designed to get large parties of people back and forth between the ferry dock and Playa Flamenco for a couple of dollars per person." can also rent jeeps, golf carts, scooters, bikes. Beaches and nature preserve the top draw.

https://www.lonelyplanet.com/puerto-rico/eastern-puerto-rico/culebra

We were in Culebra last February. You will tender in. The town is very small. But there is a fun place to eat - the Dingy Dock. Good drinks, fish, and sandwiches. You can have a table right along the dock and watch the boats go in and out, as well as see the fresh fish get brought in. The taxi vans are very cheap and efficiently get you out to Flamenco Beach and back. The beach is gorgeous. We loved our relaxing day there!

Pam

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know where the Legend is between Feb 18 and March 11? There is a big gap in the schedule and assume it is charters but I'm not sure. We embark the Legend on March 11 so I am just curious what's happening before that? Anyone know?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
It is a Charter for my company sailing from San Juan. We have 2 full weeks beginning Feb 25 and have the whole ship. I am sailing the first wave on Feb 25. Can't wait!

Tell us who you work for, please. It's obviously an enlightened company! Have fun.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

We will be there in March and are hoping to visit Flamenco for awhile, then go to Tamarindo Beach to snorkel with the sea turtles there. Has anyone done both beaches during the 8 to 5 stop? I'm wondering if we are planning too much.

Some people on our cruise last week did both beaches. The taxi dropped them off at Tamarindo Beach and the driver gave them directions on how to walk over to Flamenco beach (a 20 minute walk). We saw them back on the ship and they said they had visited both beaches easily within the timeframe, taking a taxi back to the ship from Flamenco Beach.

Some people on our cruise last week did both beaches. The taxi dropped them off at Tamarindo Beach and the driver gave them directions on how to walk over to Flamenco beach (a 20 minute walk). We saw them back on the ship and they said they had visited both beaches easily within the timeframe, taking a taxi back to the ship from Flamenco Beach.

Thank you!