Liberty of the Seas Owner's Suite vs Harmony of the Seas 2 balcony ocean view cabins?

Hi! I had planned and picked out a cruise and then school calendars came out and I had to move up our cruise to this summer. Now, I'm once again pondering what to choose. I will have a then 10 year old daughter and 13 year old son travelling with myself and husband (who's 6'5"). I worry about him and bumping his head on doorways! ;-) What I need help with deciding is it better to fly somewhere and get a hotel for a night and spend that extra money on your trip and then not get the concierge level but still have the 2 ocean view balcony rooms with large balconies (side by side though not connecting inside) so that we can ride on the newest biggest ship which has the purple body slide, the puzzle room and the zipline and water diving acrobatic shows but also a much bigger crowded ship OR just driving to Galveston (we live in Austin) and not having to get a hotel and getting to stay in an Owner's suite all together getting use of the Concierge Lounge, etc. and have a smaller less crowded ship but slightly less activities on board for my pre-teen and teen. Thanks for any input. This is our first family cruise, and everyone else's first cruise ever. I have only been on one Princess Alaskan cruise a very very long time ago before kids and hubby!

Your kids will have a lot more fun on the Harmony. I'm not sure if the sale 60% off second passenger and 30% off 3rd & 4th passenger will help or book now and ask for adjustments when "kids sail free" promotion comes out.

The Harmony has family balcony cabins with a separate area for two bunk beds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great! I currently have 2 side by side deck nine hump balcony oceanview balcony rooms reserved on the Harmony as my daughter really wanted the ship she saw on the commercials. Thank you for the confirmation that's a good choice! The difference right now b/w two large balcony oceanview rooms with the 60% off second person and one grand suite with all four of us in the same room (including the 60 and 30% offs) is $5K on the Harmony. We could take another cruise for that! All of the family cabins are booked out as are the crown loft cabins which we really wanted.

I agree with the others. Since this is most everyone's first cruise, they are not going to even miss the Suites amenities but trust me, you would be suicidal by the end of the cruise all jammed up in 1 room - even a Suite.

I think you are making the right decision to go with Harmony in 2 separate rooms. The hump balcony rooms are going to be awesome !

As OurUsualBeach said, the best possible option is a 2BR suite but that is going to be VERY pricey if you can even get one at any price.

Just off the Liberty of the Seas. We were in the Owners Suite. Second time in an Owner's Suite. Never again in this class of ship. The design is funky....much prefer the Grand Suite. I personally would get two connecting cabins. Two bathrooms is more important than a huge cabin with one bath. We took our daughter's family on the Oasis. I got 3 Central Park view cabins. They were side by side and two were connecting. It was perfect for the seven of us...4 adults and 3 kids. I got the 3 cabins for less than the Owners Suite. JMO

Just off the Liberty of the Seas. We were in the Owners Suite. Second time in an Owner's Suite. Never again in this class of ship. The design is funky....much prefer the Grand Suite. I personally would get two connecting cabins. Two bathrooms is more important than a huge cabin with one bath. We took our daughter's family on the Oasis. I got 3 Central Park view cabins. They were side by side and two were connecting. It was perfect for the seven of us...4 adults and 3 kids. I got the 3 cabins for less than the Owners Suite. JMO

Your scaring me ...we have booked the owners suite #1340 for this April on the Liberty what do you mean by funky?

The Grand Suite has a better design and is cheaper. We reserved the Owners Suite for the separate shower. The Grand Suite has a combo tub/shower. The shower in the Owners suite is very small. We have booked the LOS for 2018 but chose the junior suite instead. The full suites on this class of ship don't have any special goodies anymore. All our goodies were from being Diamond. The suite lounge is not convenient. There is nothing wrong with the Owner's Suite other than value. We prefer the Haven on NCL for the same amount of money.

Your scaring me ...we have booked the owners suite #1340 for this April on the Liberty what do you mean by funky?

YouTube has videos of Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Junior Suite. Personal preference is Grand Suite. There were no Grand Suites available when we booked the Owners Suite.

YouTube has videos of Owner's Suite, Grand Suite and Junior Suite. Personal preference is Grand Suite. There were no Grand Suites available when we booked the Owners Suite.

Thank you ! looked at the Video on youtube and think the OS will be fine :)

Thank you ! looked at the Video on youtube and think the OS will be fine :)

Both the GS and OS are great suites. It all depends on price and availability for us. We mostly sail in a GS but have had an OS on Serenade. Loved the space and especially the table and chairs for dining in the OS. We tend to relax better in the cabin, which is why we like cruising, so the extra space is nice. We have an OS on our next cruise on Navigator 9 nighter. Cost was great booked during the 3rd night free and cost less than GS at the time. Actually the cost is less than we have ever paid for GS or higher. Finally got lucky.

Thank you all! I did really want two bathrooms though we share one when we do DisneyWorld. I was thinking the crown loft suite would be okay with just the one bedroom as it had an upstairs you could get away and two bathrooms but alas they are gone. I would have been willing to fork over the money they look so amazing! On the bright side now we can do a short Disney Dream cruise later. Being a disney fanatic it was my first choice but kids wanted Royal Caribbean and it'll be neat to do both and compare. I'm very excited for this new family experience. We've done 4 DisneyWorld, 3 Disneyland and 3 universal studio Florida trips as a family. Exciting to be doing something different, and I really do appreciate the opinions from the experienced! Thanks again! :)