Do You Do Repeat Cruising on Same RCI Ship?

cjdixon4

We've done quite a few B2Bs since flying and getting to the port is so expensive (we are in New England). It makes sense to us to stay in the same cabin and REALLY relax. I've enjoyed all the different classes of ships, but my favorite is the Oasis.

We like going out of Ft. Lauderdale and the itineraries plus when we can go (own a business), dictate to us which ship it will be.

Heck...any ship, anytime is fine with me!;p

Three times on the Freedom for me. It's one of the best ships in the fleet!

Sometimes it's just practical, ie same port. In fact the only reason we're going on the Oasis this time is because Freedom moved from PC. We like to go there for Orlando pre-cruise stuff.

I do love the Freedom but am looking forward to something new.

We love PC as well, so we moved here. ;) Ended up with 16 Freedom trips and 11 booked on Oasis.

I'm sure there will be plenty more in our future. :D

We don't like to repeat any vacation as a rule. It's all about a new experience, new things to see for us. But cruising is still pretty expensive for us, with two kids and only being able to travel during school vacations. When it becomes a cheaper option for us we'll probably care less.

We will be repeating Anthem this year.

I'd prefer Royal to change its ship our of NJ, but it is what it is.

And Anthem is a great ship for winter weather.

Same here. I would love to take a different ship and different itinerary every time, but practically, I prefer to sail from my homeport (no airfare, and can take advantage of special last-minute pricing). Anthem is my only RCI option for a while, and in a few weeks, it will be my 3rd time on her.

I have yet to repeat a ship or itinerary although I have been to some of the same ports more than once on different itineraries overall (Cozumel, Nassau) I wouldn't be against doing the same ship/itinerary again, but for now I'm just trying to visit places I have been yet.

Later this year I will be sailing on Majesty, the first time I've sailed twice on the same ship. Although instead of going to Nassau it goes to Freeport, somewhere I haven't been so.... (and it was originally booked just to bump me into the next level of Crown & Anchor, haha)

For people saying they typically sail on the same ships because they'd rather sail out of their home ports, I guess myself being in Orlando is kinda lucky because Tampa and Canaveral are pretty equal to drive for me and then Fort Lauderdale or Miami arnt terribly difficult to get to. It gives me a good number of ships and itineraries to pick from, locally.

And for what it's worth, Freedom is probably my favorite ship out of my limited experience. (Freedom, Vision, Majesty, Harmony)

I've been to all Caribbean ports except for Aruba, Martinique, Guadeloupe and St Vincent. Also to Bermuda , Mediterranean , North Europe, California Coastal, NE & Canada so picking new ports becoming tougher and tougher ...

But I am so ready to repeat majority of Caribbean ports. :)

I would love to live in Florida and have better choice of ports and ships. We drive there sometimes, but it is not always convenient.

Our first two RCI cruises were on Freedom. Both to Eastern Caribbean, same corner aft cabin both times. We like the two sea days at the end. Now we look for cruises that have them. We've been doing longer southern Caribbean cruises, but will definitely be back on Freedom in the future. Maybe for our first Western.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by TigerCruzin

Diamond Plus member here so been on many ships more than once. Loved Allure, been on it 3 times. Was on Harmony this past summer in Europe, they took the Allure and just made it a bit better. Although apparently they were doing construction while the ship started, thus it got some bad reviews at first, but now all great(as it should be). They have new equipment on Harmony where we didn't feel the ship move even a little once...it was amazing. Love the Oasis class of ships. There is so much to see and do, and the entertainment is incredible. Where else can you see a broadway show, an outside diving show, an incredible special effects show and go to a very funny comedy club all on one cruise? The Quantums are very nice too, and been on every Freedom and Voyager ship most twice, feels like going to a second home lol. The only Royal ship I've been on more than once and don't want to go back to is Majesty. There is nothing wrong with the ship, just so many better choices FOR ME. We are all different, if I want a small ship experience I pick a different line. I know many who have been on the same ship many times. The advantage there is a familiarity with crew which is an added plus.